“A highlight”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Lansing
Wild Goose Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 East Lansing B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“A highlight”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

So far this year I've stayed in 11 hotels in eight different countries and this place beats them all hands down. Personal, friendly, well located. Staff will leave you alone if you want it, and give advice and socialise if you want that too. The rooms are individual, the plumbing luxurious (apart from the jacuzzis, the shower in my room had four outlets!), the breakfast excellent, but even better than all that is the staff - genuine human beings with - yes it's a cliche but its true - genuine small town hospitality. One example: I mentioned my frustration in dealing with United Airlines who had lost my checked luggage, the airline systems don't provide accurate information and you can't talk to a human being - within five minutes Al, the owner, had found someone at the airport for me to talk to. There were several lovely cases of them going out of their way to help me in the four nights I stayed there. I am so tired of big chain hotels with smartly uniformed staff who recite meaningless slogans about customer care without meaning any of it - this place has no slogans or staff uniforms (although the crockery is personalised with the Wild Goose logo) but everyone there clearly really enjoys their work and does it superbly. For me, this is the key to a good experience. A magazine recently rated them in the top 20 college town accommodations in the country, a well deserved award. I'd go out of my way to stay here again!

Room Tip: The rooms are all very individual, newly built but in an older style, worth checking out the website...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank SASG19

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 1 August 2012

This lovely bed and breakfast is first rate all around. The inn keepers are friendly, helpful, and flexible. They know the area and are able to make excellent suggestions about things to do. The location is central to everything in East Lansing. Breakfast was amazing--don't sleep in and miss it! The rooms are beautifully decorated. You can't miss with this one!

Room Tip: Check out the 360 degree views on the website to help you decide on your room.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank annaustin
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 10 July 2012

After a long trip, rolled up to this cozy b & b and stayed in Autumn Arbor room...bed ensconced in wooden limbs ..a large jacuzzi in room ...right next to Michigan State..delightful. No gym but free bikes to take a neighborhood cruise...there for business but would recommend to couples..not really for kids

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Michael B
Washington, DC
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I had an evening workshop at the Kellogg Center, so my husband and I decided to stay the night at the Wild Goose Inn. We chose the Winter Eden room, and had an AMAZING time. The room was cozy but spacious enough for two, the small balcony was a great place to read a book, and the jacuzzi alcove was awesome. The staff was also excellent. Since we arrived early, they showed us a few of the other rooms. (We've decided to stay in Autumn Arbor on our next visit!) Breakfast was delicious -- spectacular muffins, followed by our choice from a simple but delicious menu. Finally, the property itself is gorgeous. I'm always a bit wary of staying in older homes, but it was clean, updated, and decorated quite tastefully with a lovely courtyard. The parking was a bit confusing, as there are a few lots in the immediate vicinity, but we -- correctly -- chose a paid lot beside the inn and received validated tickets for our exit. An overall great time.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Beautiful place hidden in plain sight. One block off the main street but still quiet and cozy. Our room had a large two person jaccuzi, fireplace, small sitting area outside with table and two chairs and a hammack too! The outside was blocked from the alley by trees, bushes and all kinds of flowers. Very nicely done!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Haslett, Michigan
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We stayed in the "Summer Safari" Room.

The room lives up to our expectations based on reviews and online photos upon first entry through the door. Tastefully decorated and quaint with a small couch in front of a gas fireplace. A hot tub for two overlook the front of the of hotel, but we closed the blind and turned on the underwater light and started all the tea light candles.

Parking is handled with the EL surface lot next door with validated tickets readily available to guests for easy in-out privileges. We found this to be a fantastic benefit - given the difficulty one might have with parking in this City.

The only mild level complaint we had was getting enough hot water for our hot tub once we got back from dinner in the evening. Even on full hot, it was slightly more than luke-warm. We figured everyone else must have just got back as we did on this fully booked night. We decided to watch some TV by the fireplace in our plush wild animal print robes. Once we tried the hot water again, it was as hot as we expected.

The bath room - complete with dual sinks and walk-in shower - were very nice. My wife and I share a single sink and mirror back home, so we loved this! There are even make-up removal towels!

Breakfast was very nice and tasty. I had the omelet and my wife had the french toast.

We are looking forward to staying again in one of the other rooms.

Room Tip: Summer Safari, Great Lakes, and Winter Eden are the larger up-stairs rooms.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I planned a surprise romantic stay at the Wild Goose Inn for my husband and I to enjoy on a weeknight evening together. From the very beginning of planning our night, Al and his staff went out of their way to respond to any questions I had about reservations, food served for breakfast (I am a … read morevegetarian), and parking. We stayed in the Autumn Arbor room which was BEAUTIFULLY and uniquely decorated (LOVE THE BED) and included so many extra amenities that we never wanted to leave! Al thought of everything a person would want or need when staying away from home. Our room had lovely flowers greeting us upon our arrival, candles galore, a cork screw, bath salts, soaps and lotions to use in the enormous tile shower, plush robes, and of course the fireplace at the foot of the bed could not be beat.

I brought all of our food for our evening and Al was gracious in allowing me to use his kitchen for the final prep before serving. The spa tub was heaven and I would recommend long soaks by candlelight to anyone who stays here in the future. The breakfast left us feeling nourished and full (thank you Paul, we are still thinking about those delicious muffins!) and we wished that we could have been staying many more nights instead of having to check out that day. Our plan is to come back to the Wild Goose at least 2 more times this year and we are already looking at dates on our calendar. Whether you are driving great distances or live locally, we highly recommend this bed and breakfast. We have stayed at many throughout our great state and this inn is at the top of our list! Well done Al!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
#1 of 25 in Lansing
University Quality Inn
University Quality Inn
#14 of 25 in Lansing

Been to Wild Goose Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!