“Little treasure in East Lansing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Lansing
Wild Goose Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 East Lansing B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We rented this beautiful B&B because we were attending the Winter Classic hockey game and had read amazing reviews about the property! Well...I messed up and I underestimated the distance between the Wild Goose and the venue we were attending! Not only were the owner Al and a member of the team, Paul, amused by my story but they went to work trying to get rid of the two nights I now no longer could use!!! From the moment we walked in and were greeted by Al, we were very impressed! Al gave us a tour and took us to our gorgeous room! We walked into the Great Lakes room and the "wow" factor definitely was there! Gorgeous floor to ceiling stone walled fireplace, pedestal tub/jacuzzi, candles everywhere, beautiful bed & linen, bathrobes....it was all there! We slept like babies and in the morning, We went down to the main dining area for breakfast. Again...."wow"! Beautifully set table with a postcard menu and just beautiful little touches to make the meal perfect. We were served fresh fruit salad, homemade warm muffins, eggs cooked perfectly served with terrific bread. We hated to leave after two nights as the room would've been FABULOUS for New Years Eve and New Year's Day! Anyone looking for a wonderful romantic getaway will be thrilled if they book the Wild Goose Inn!!! Al and Paul are awesome and work tirelessly to make everything perfect AND to make your experience the best it can be!!! Thanks to you both!

Room Tip: Great Lakes room is phenomenal!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sylvie G

Reviewed 22 August 2013

I'm not ordinarily a fan of B&Bs. Quality varies widely, one's at the mercy of the proprietors' personalities, etc., etc. But count me as a fan of the Wild Goose Inn in East Lansing, MI. I was drawn by the reasonable price and the great location, just a few steps from the heart of the Michigan State University campus. Little did I know how wonderful a place it would turn out to be. A spectacular room (I think they all have jacuzzis and fireplaces), one of the most comfortable beds I've seen in any hotel, motel, or B&B, a beautiful property (be sure to pay attention to the landscaping), an excellent breakfast, and a great host. Alan, the owner and proprietor, clearly loves what he does. You cannot go wrong with this B&B. I strongly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Don H
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

We just finished a two night stay at the Wild Goose Inn. The location could not be better if you plan to visit Michigan State University. The campus is literally a block away. The room we had (winter Eden) was very comfortable, with a large jacuzzi tub. The bed was particularly comfortable. Breakfast included a fruit starter and your choice from 4 entrees, including an omlette, French toast, and two other possibilities. The omlette we had was good, though not great. The host was very friendly, but not overly intrusive. We would stay again if given the opportunity. It was a good value, including WiFi and cable TV. A business traveler might not like the lack of a desk in our room.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank kuznitz2
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I'd like to give this place a better review. The owner is very nice and we enjoyed talking with him. But some more care needs to be given to the room condition. The vanity in the bathroom was pretty dirty, not like it hadn't been cleaned since the last guest - more like nobody had thought to see if it was dusty before we checked in. The rug in front of the vanity was filthy - I think it was really a porch rug that had been mistakenly placed in the bathroom. But I could get past that - it was the mold on the shower curtain that will keep us from returning. As for the rest - the breakfast was pretty basic for a B&B. But the location is ideal.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wineisgood7
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We stayed here for one night to celebrate our wedding anniversary. In searching for a place for us, I had no idea there was this nice little B&B in downtown East Lansing! The rooms were very nice and Al and the staff were great! They were very accomodating without being intrusive. We had the romance package with our room and it was the perfect touch to the night. There were fresh flowers and plants everywhere and it really added to the home like feel, along with the woodwork and decor, the place has a really good atmosphere. We really liked the quietness of the place despite it being in downtown East Lansing. We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely be returning in the future!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Winter Eden room and it was very nice. The room was clean and the towels, robes wer...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jon R
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I try to stay in B&B's whenever I go to different cities and towns in Michigan, and the best I've found is right in my backyard (figuratively). The Wild Goose's rooms are so nicely and tastefully decorated and reminiscent of seasons in Michigan. I've stayed in the Great Lakes room and the Autumn room and both had jacuzzis and/or fireplaces and awesome showers. The prices are reasonable for B&Bs, which is a good thing in this economy and for Michigan travelers. Definitely ask the owner about their french toast recipe when you go!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jenn31884
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This was a return visit to Wild Goose Inn. We had stayed there a bit over a year ago. Al, the Innkeeper was his usual friendly self and the room we chose was just as we had last enjoyed it, with a couple of improvements. There were now reading lights at each side of the bed and some sort of ambient sound machine. We never used the machine, but I'm sure some would enjoy it.

Last year when we were there, most of the Students were away for Christmas break. This year classes were in session and you could hear the kids well into the night as they laughed, giggled, yelled and hollered to one another outside. To me this wasn't a problem at all. It reminded me of my younger days when staying up all night was fun! They were happy and so it didn't bother my sleep at all.

The breakfasts are wonderful, even if I didn't care for the muffins everyone raves about. They make a delicious mushroom, onion, ham and cheese omelet! You can have bell pepper too, if you like. You order them the way you want them and they don't skimp on the ingredients. The toast is thick Italian bread and is a treat in itself.

What more can you ask for.... a comfortable, affordable room; good food and a gracious, friendly host!

Room Tip: Rooms in the Gosling may be quieter as they are away from the street.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Hampton Inn East Lansing
Hampton Inn East Lansing
#1 of 9 in East Lansing
TownePlace Suites East Lansing

Been to Wild Goose Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!