“Loved the fire place!”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in East Lansing
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Loved the fire place!”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

What a great place to stay! For $5 they gave you a fire log that makes this a place to stay that will you remember! You have a fire and what else do you need to connect to the one you love! I have stayed here several times and have never been disappointed! The breakfast in the morning is FREE and has always been great. Lisa is always wanting to give us what we need above what she has available. She is awesome! Thank you,

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed here one night after the Spartans game. The suite was large, full kitchen, large bath, couch, fireplace and comfortable bed. The property was clean, and while not decorated in the most current style, more than fine. We were happy with the location to campus and the staff was friendly and professional.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 October 2013

A reservation for three nights, at Gatehouse Suites, was made through United Airlines reservation services. It was claimed that only three rooms were available for the nights I wanted (this was not a football game weekend!). The price quoted was $139 per night, prepaid, supposedly a discounted rate. I later cancelled this reservation and received a refund through United. Upon arrival in East Lansing, I looked at several other hotels/motels that I considered to be unsatisfactory. I then went in person to the front desk at Gatehouse Suites and was told that many rooms were available for $99 per night. After checking in, I looked on the webpage for Gatehouse Suites and saw that rooms were available for $85 per night. I went to the front desk and told them what I found. They said, "Okay, we will change the rate to $85." When I asked why the discrepancy in rates I was told "Oh, they change all the time." Since I was going to depart for the airport at 3 a.m., I asked for a final invoice the evening prior to my departure. They told me that they couldn't give me one as their system wasn't updated, but that I could come back at 3 a.m. for a copy - which, while inconvenient, I did. Having travelled the world, I have never stayed at such a sloppily managed hotel/motel. The "student" staff did try to be helpful and pleasant. But I don't know about the intentions of "management." This used to be a Marriott Residence Inn. I can now understand why Marriott would possibly not want their name on this facility.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Charles M

Travellers are raving about these East Lansing hotels

Libertyville, Illinois
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We have now stayed at this great local suite hotel 4 times, and each time they re-affirm my faith in a good hotel deal at a good price. They are constantly improving! From the well-stocked kitchens, to the nicer showers recently installed, to the yummy, hot breakfast, it's all good. The suite is roomy, super-clean and quiet. We come here the night before moving my daughter into MSU from out of state. It's literally across the street from campus, but feels removed from the college atmosphere. We will never look for another hotel in East Lansing, as this one is efficient, clean, roomy, with good amenities (especially in the kitchen), and a stocked breakfast. Stay here FOR SURE if you are at MSU or East Lansing for more than a day--the kitchen is great for making your own meals and saving $!

Room Tip: We've been in suites on the bottom floor, which are all quiet and super-comfy.
Debrecen, Debrecen, Hungary
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The hotel is very good and confortable option for overnight. Even better if you stay there longer time. The room is a suite, is spacious, with a complete kitchen, big bathroom. The suite is clean, quiet, with a very confortable king size bed. The breakfast selection can be a little bit more wider, but still ok.The staff is helpful. It is recomendable for business or familiar trips also.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We have stayed here twice in the past 6 months. Five of us in total, so the two bedroom loft worked great. The kitchen also was very handy. I thought the free breakfast was not worth the price (ha ha), but other than that, it was a good place for my family and I.

West Bend, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed the weekend at Gatehouse Suites in order to help our son move into MSU so we didn't spend much time at this location. The time that we spent there was comfortable. The suite was very clean and spacious. The kitchen facilities would be great for families that are interested in preparing their own meals during their stay. We enjoyed a quiet good night's sleep. All staff were friendly and provided excellent service. A sufficient continental breakfast was available and included eggs, potatoes, French toast sticks, muffins but no meat options. TV service was okay; some stations didn't have clear reception. The discount for MSU students made our stay an excellent value.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Joe M, Director of Sales at Gatehouse Suites East Lansing, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Gatehouse Suites. Our friendly staff tries to make sure every guest feels special. Please come back and visit us again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Lansing
#4 of 9 in East Lansing
Hampton Inn East Lansing
Hampton Inn East Lansing
#1 of 9 in East Lansing

Been to Gatehouse Suites East Lansing? Share your experiences!