“Still Very Good”

Hsing's Garden Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 27 Restaurants in East Tawas
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Every time we're in town we eat one meal here, and it's still among the best Chinese restaurants in Michigan. We've never had a bad meal here. Every dish we have ordered has been very good. Their wine selections are not great, but they make excellent mixed drinks, garnished beautifully. I strongly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank AmethystTravel

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Of course, it's the only Chinese food in Tawas, but it is good/average food and super friendly service.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

The waiter starts by saying my name is?????? but call me Mike
Very unfriendly to vegetarians and not interested in helping or suggesting anything.
The food I had was totally forgettable and even if I am East Tawas I will not go again

Reviewed 12 January 2013

Stopped on our way through Tawas, as we had a yen for Chinese. My wife and I enjoy all types of Aisian food, but especially Chinese and Thai. We eat it frequently, both at home and when traveling. We have had Chinese in San Francisco's and New York City's Chinatowns. We both agreed that we could not remember enjoying Chinese dishes as much as this. The vegetables in my meal were fresh and crisp and just the right mix of meat and vegetables. The spring rolls appeared to be scratch made and had a very flaky crust. Service from Michael, our waitor, was excellent - very attentive, but not too pushy. Prices were reasonable for dinner time. We will go out of our way to come back next time we are anywhere within 50 miles of East Tawas.

1  Thank BillfromMichigan1
Reviewed 18 November 2012

What a disappointment. This was our second time here, we didn't really like it the first time, but thought we would give it a second chance, we should not have.
Our waiter was at our table twice in the first minute, before we had a chance to even read the menu, then was gone. Twelve minutes later, a waitress came to take our order, and she was very good.
The menu is disappointing. There are a few specials that come with soup OR an egg roll but the regular meals don't come with either. So if you want a meal, it is actually really expensive to add on those two things.
The hot and sour soup was way too salty, but the wan ton soup was pretty good, probably not $3 worth of good though. The egg roll was fresh and good. And dinner was the General's Chicken, it was also pretty good, but not as an ala carte for $11.
Overall, not a great experience , I'll not go back. There are much better values to be had in Tawas.

1  Thank irishangelina