“Had such a good time we are going back again 2 weeks later!”
Review of Cabana Cove Resort

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in East Tawas
Cabana Cove Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in East Tawas
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I can't say enough good things about Cabana Cove. Ed made our family feel right at home. Our 2 bedroom cabin was just like renting a house. We had plenty of room and was very clean. I found the kitchen in the cabin to be a blessing! It saves us alot of money! I found no dirty utensils, but like the previous reviewer stated its up to the previous renter to wash everything before they leave. I had a wonderful relaxing time with my family. So relaxing in fact I fell asleep on one of the decks and was sunburned very badly. I liked that it was close to town but away from the hustle and bustle of town. The view from their 3 decks overlooking the bay is amazing. Really this place is a must stay. My kids loved it so much they talked me into cancelling our trip to Chicago to go back to Cabana Cove!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Plainalane
There are newer reviews for Cabana Cove Resort

Reviewed 17 July 2011

A friend and i decided to head up north for the weekend Just started driving.Stopped in there and found Ed to be very friendly. Had a great time and would stay again anytime Thanks . kevin & connie

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank kdog1961
Reviewed 24 August 2009

This place is a great place and the owners are very nice people! We loved the cabin we stayed in. The outside of the cabins may look a little dated but inside they are clean and cozy.
I didnt find any dirty dishes like a nother review had said. As far as I can tell you must have been a horible guest and left some kind of bad mess for them to tell you not to come back. (other review)
I just dont think some people care about what kind of mess they live in but when you stay at a motel, motel or resort you should leave your mess at home because some poor soul does have to clean up after you!
This is a great place like I said. They have a very lovely beach! You should stay here and check it out for yourself!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank happycamper028
Reviewed 5 September 2008

My family stayed at the Cabana Cove for two nights at the end of August. The Cabana Cove is run by I believe a husband and wife who were pleasant enough during the minimal interaction we had with them. The motel is located in a great location as far as being directly on Lake Huron and within close proximity to town and local attractions. We stayed in one of the cabins that had two bedrooms. While the rooms were small, they were comfortable and clean enough.

My major complaint/concern was with the cleanliness and adequacy of the kitchen area. While the kitchenette area is available to cook in, my advice to anyone who goes there is to either bring all of your own cookware items (pots, pans, plates, etc) because everything is kind of gross, or eat out. Also, the people renting the cabin before you are responsible for the ultimate cleanliness of the kitchen items which often meant that when I went to use something, I either had to scrub it really well or more often that not, chose to go without.

Another item was that while there are two gas grills available for cooking, neither one had any charcoal briquettes so we basically had to cook our food over the propane flame which did not kick out enough heat to cook the food.

So basically if you are going just to sleep there an play in the lake you will be happy. Eat out!

The Cabana Cove is located a short distance from Lake Tawas for anyone looking to do some great fishing.

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank roshiroshinda
Reviewed 2 September 2008

Cabana Cove is one of about a dozen "cabin" based "resorts" on Lake Huron in/near East Tawas, MI. It's run by nice, accomodating (no pun) people who provided our family with a nice stay. I use quotes in the first line because they're not really "cabins" in the sense of what people think of when they think of where Lincoln was raised or where the Unibomber hid out; they're more tiny houses stacked next to one another. And I'm not sure that's a "resort" in most people's minds. There were 8 (I believe) units there. Think 1950's "motel" park.

Ours was a clean, two bedroom unit. The place wasn't brand new or over the top with amenities, but it was more than adequate for a place to eat and sleep. Much better than a typical deer/fish camp place, but less than you'd expect from a fully appointed hotel.

The room had a TV with cable, and we were able to pick up a neighboring resort's WiFi. A big draw for folks was the beach, of which Cabana Cove has about 100 feet of frontage, and a nice two story deck overlooking the water. If you want to swim on the beach, it's about a 1 minute walk.

The rooms are about a 5 minute car ride from some attractions in East Tawas, so it's well located if you go to East Tawas for whatever ET's got going on.

Our only complaints--and these are minor--revolve around the kitchen utensils/plates that we found in less-than-clean conditions. If you go, bring some paper plates, some dish soap, and a scrubber of your own and be prepared to wash before you use the cookware. Again, probably not that big of a deal. Likely left by previous guests, not the CC staff.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelMichiganNow
Reviewed 12 July 2008

My husband and i have stayed at the cabana cove resort several times. and the owners were always! very nice. if you had a problem with them than there was a good reason .they bend over backwards to be helpful and nice to everyone .i would HIGHLY recomend cabana cove to everyone and have told many friends to stay there. it's very clean and well taken care of !

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ccfanMi
Reviewed 16 July 2007

Our family stayed at the cabana cove resort over the 4th of july. the place is really old but was very clean. Our family enjoyed our stay there. One of our family members came and stayed with us and we had to leave a day early so we let our family members stay one night with out us. We received a letter from the owners was entirely uncalled for. The screen door already had a rip in it when we got there. We got a letter stating that we sublet the room and and caused damge the the screen door. Also, they decided the calling names would be appropriate and saying that the toilet was plugged because some lazy broad flushed a tampon down down the toilet. The owners had to call a plumber.
They did charge my account for the damages which is fine if we caused them. But write a nasty letter and the name calling is totally un professional. They also asked us not to return. Did I
mention they we only stayed 3 nights and the owners even if there was damage still made 300.00
they do not have to worry i won't be back and will not recomm
end THE CABANA COVE RESORT to anyone. Now I know why they had openings for room at the last minute,

7  Thank Kay18
#3 of 4 in East Tawas
No photo provided
Scenic Resort
#4 of 4 in East Tawas

Been to Cabana Cove Resort? Share your experiences!