“Looks better than the others”
Review of Bambi Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in East Tawas
Bambi Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in East Tawas
Scottsdale
“Looks better than the others”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Nice little mom & pop in an area filled with M&P’s. Very well maintained and clean as a whistle. Patriotic owners with family members working there. Small but nice. Coffee in front of office starts about 8 am. Breakfast special at Barnacle Bills on Newman Street is only $3.99 and starts at 7am. I never did find the “waterfront easement” which is apparently very small, but there are nice public beaches in East Tawas and Tawas City.

Room Tip: Book well in advance on weekends.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Attica, Michigan
Reviewed 9 July 2012

If you are in the area you will see about 30 similar hotels, do yourself a favor and stay here. Sure it is old style and I know what your thinking, maybe I will keep looking. Let me tell you I have done the same thing but this place for the money is not bad, pretty cool if I may. It has no frills but is close to everything and the owner will be glad to recommend great places to eat. I took his advice and he was right.

I would go back again when I get the chance, matter of fact I would make it a point. Give this mom and pop place a nights stay and you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Be sure to talk to the owners for the best places to eat.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank James P
Michigan
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We stayed at the Bambi and thought it was a nice place. It's vintage in style, even had chenille bedspreads. The price was in the same range as other places. There was a small fridge, and a microwave. The only bad thing I can think of is, the walls are very thin. I could even hear the guy snoring in the room next to us. As I said, that's my only concern about staying there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
West Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed on a recommendation of a local we knew. It was quaint with perhaps outdated decor but meticulously clean and the beds were newer. The service was outstanding and friendly. The owner was onsite and went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable. The price was an incredible value. I normally stay at the larger, well known hotels but I would not hesitate a moment to stay here again. We look forward to returning on our next visit.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank F32boater55
Troy, New York
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Nicely kept up independent motel. Clean, well taken care of by owners who really know how to run a motel. This review is simple because it's simply a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Call up and talk with the owners!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank NYDiners
Ray, Michigan
Reviewed 2 December 2011

On a whim, in late August I emailed about a room for an impromptu trip to Tawas with my son for that upcoming weekend. Bill got back to me immediately, to let me know that they were booked solid.

A few days later he got back in touch with me to let me know of a cancellation, even though others were calling looking for a room (THANKS BILL). We arrived and I was greeted very warmly at check in. Bill and I chatted for quite a while before checking out the comfortable room. Yes, this motel is what you might call "retro" in its furnishings, but it has everything you will need as far as modern conveniences.

When I say this room was immaculate, I mean totally SPOTLESS. There was not a speck of dust, a cobweb, a water-stained ceiling tile, nothing! The mauve bathroom fixtures you would expect to be scratched and marred from years of use and cleaning, but the tub was as shiny as the day it was installed. I must say I was pretty darned impressed.

I don't know if they do their own laundry, or send it out, but the bath towels smelled like cherry and I loved that. :-)

I would have liked to have spent more time there but we were gone during the day and only came back to sleep. Sitting by the campfire watching the Tigers game would have been a nice touch but the timing was off for us.

All in all a VERY good experience. We slept with the windows open both nights rather than turn on the a/c and never heard a thing. The owners are very careful who they allow to stay there, which may be disappointing to a rowdy, partying crowd, but makes for a very peaceful, enjoyable stay for the rest of us. Thanks again Bill and Kay. I hope to be back next year!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank GEOTAB2
Half Moon Bay, CA
Reviewed 26 November 2011

My family spent a few days up here at the Bambi in early August based on the reviews we've seen here. The room was exceptionally clean and the bed cozy. Shower felt great. AC, wireless internet, fridge. Nice touches like nightlights so you can find your way to the bathroom at night. Bill, the owner, commented to us he wants to keep it a quiet place to rest, therefore he won't let lodgers bring over any visitors (i.e. bar buddies). Sometimes, Bill will bring out the portable fire pit and TV on dry nights when the Detroit Tiger game is on. The Bambi served as a nice base for us to visit the city beach, state park, and the shops and eats in town. I wish we had taken bicycles since there are sidewalks into town and a good bike ride to the state park. Kids had big fun! Definitely will stay there again on our next trip out.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
#4 of 4 in East Tawas
Oscoda Lakeside Hotel
Oscoda Lakeside Hotel
#7 of 10 in Oscoda

Been to Bambi Motel? Share your experiences!