All reviews state park wi fi provide coffee rooms are extremely modern amenities mom and pop spent one night downtown area room was clean and comfortable microwave loveseat rates
Reviewed 15 June 2013

After reading the reviews of the Bambi Motel, I knew this was the place for the night. The room was immaculate and the service personal and friendly. The beds had chenille bedspreads, the walls were wood paneling, and the lighting was old school art deco. I'm not sure the intent was for a throwback 50's style road trip motel, but I was delighted when what that was what I got! After a terrible experience at the so-called resort down the road last year, the Bambi Motel will be my go to for all future trips to the Tawas area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dawn A
Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a one night stop over on our way to Mackinaw City. Our room was very nice and absolutely clean. Staff was also warm and friendly, very highly recommended. We will definitely be making this a stop on our annual visit north.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank ezrapound1
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Finding the Bambi Motel was like walking a path you've walked a hundred times before, kicking over a rock and findind a diamond underneath. I travel through Tawas once a month and usually stay up the road in Alpena in a large well known chain motel. I had a few extra stops to make this time and decided to stay in Tawas. I found the Bambi on the internet and based on the reviews, decided to give it a try. I was not disappointed. As others have said, it is very neat and clean, and although it is not new, it has been very well kept up, and not just patched over as some larger chains tend to do. I was able to park directly in front of my room and did not have to haul my stuff through long corridors and up stairs or an elevator. It was reminiscent of the times when my mother would take us kids on a trip and we would stay in places like this. There are some posted rules concerning unregistered guests and quiet hours, I suppose mostly intended for the more raucous summer visitors, and I can only think that this is a good thing for families and travelers who want a good nights rest. There are several good restaraunts nearby, 2 within walking distance. If you're looking for a trip back in time and a clean restful place to stay, I can heartily recommend the Bambi.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank WhootOwsley
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I agree with all the other favorable reviews of the motel. We stayed in room 29 - and it looks like it has gone through a bit of a redo. The paneling was painted and really brightened up the room. It was a large room with a comfortable king bed and a loveseat. The place was just as clean and friendly as other reviewers have suggested. The owners definitely take pride in their establishment. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Tending to prefer the smaller family-owned motels, I was pleased to read all of the complimentary reviews of the Bambi Motel. I stayed there recently on a sightseeing trip and was very pleased with the room, the cleanliness, and the owner. The room was spotless and comfortable and the owner was extremely helpful and accommodating. Thank you, Bambi, for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family