All reviews state park wi fi provide coffee rooms are extremely modern amenities mom and pop spent one night downtown area room was clean and comfortable microwave loveseat rates
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Read the Trip Advisor reviews, and decided to give it a try. All we can say is the reviews are spot on. This small family run motel is spotless, clean, and very we'll maintained. The room was large, comfortable. The bathroom was spotless, and I mean spotless. I've stayed in 5 star hotels that weren't nearly as clean.

Next time we're in Tawas, we'll be back for sure!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tudor A
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My husband and I spent one night at the Bambi Motel this fall. We had a king bed room that was spacious and comfortable. The room was very clean. The bed was too firm for my taste but I was able to sleep through the night.

We rode our bikes to the State Park and Lighthouse which was delightful. We picked up the bike path within a few blocks of the motel. The path was alongside the road to the park but the path was very wide and flat. There were few cars so we felt very safe riding there. I also liked that we could park with our bikes right next to the room. Very convenient.

We were able to walk to the Big Boy for breakfast the next morning which was pleasant. We would like to return to the Bambi Motel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MiSusan
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

I admit I was a bit leery of staying at a little motel, but we checked trip advisor and this place had great ratings. I understand why now. Our hosts were very pleasant and our room comfortable, well appointed and extremely clean. I would recommend this place without hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Kimberly H
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I think with all the positive reviews on here, this place is no longer a hidden gem, it is out in the open. Yes, it is a gem. The place is as neat as a pin and clean, clean, clean, as others have said. The bed was comfortable, the room had windows that open to let in fresh air (although it could get a little noisy), and the amenities included a microwave, fridge, and a small work desk. It seems as though it should be easy to keep a motel clean, after all, this is what can make or break a motel. But by contrast, the place I stayed in Tawas City the night before changing to the Bambi was a mess. Cobwebs in the corners of the room, dirty shower, messy floor, unfriendly host. Oh yeah, the hosts at the Bambi were wonderful, friendly and helpful on the phone and in person.
The Tawas Bay area is a great place to vacation, so I expect to be back at the Bambi next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Michigan_Nomad1
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The Bambi Motel is simple, down-to-earth, clean, neat, reasonably priced, and a joy. The current owners have been doing this for almost 30 years, and by " this" I mean being warm and welcoming hosts. We spent the second night of our stay hanging out by the bonfire-on-the-asphalt, watching a Detroit Tigers game, and drinking a beer with Bill (one of the owners). The Bambi is convenient to the Big Boy, and about a 10 minute or so walk from the downtown area. You're also about 3 miles from the tip of the Tawas State Park. This was our first visit, but hopefully not the last.

Room Tip: The owners have a "no noise after 11:00 p.m." policy. Much appreciated! There is no swimming pool . . . the rating system won't let me remove the rating !
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple