“Italian Fare with Outdoor Seating”

Salvatore Scallopini
Ranked #3 of 62 Restaurants in Eastpointe
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I frequent all of the Salvatore Scallopini restaurants since I travel around the metro area quite a bit. I decided to pop in around 7:30 p.m. after providing on-location beauty services for a bride to be. As it was right down the street and I had an urge for Italian...it's the best for a reasonably priced dish of homemade pasta. I also love that they have outdoor seating. As usual, I start with the calamari. It is on their menu only in certain locations, but if you ask (for example in their Birmingham location) it is always served. The bread and dipping sauce is the best! Can't stop eating that. We decided to try the Eggplant Parmesan that was perfectly seasoned. a perfect plate for a vegetarian. It was light and the portion was ample. The Steak Siciliano was presented exactly as ordered. The two tenderloins were tender and tasty.

Dessert is always a must and their Tiramisu was delicious, but lacking in the traditional sense. The lady fingers were substituted with a cake base and the coffee that should have drenched the cake was nowhere to be found. With that said, it was still delicious and beautifully plated. If you're not fond of coffee this dessert is definitely for you. If you're seeking the original version and don't mind the difference....you'll still love it. Fluffy, light, not too sweet. Perfect ending to a delicious meal.

The server was a bit behind her game. But since we weren't in a hurry and relaxing we didn't mind the delays in acquiring the basic necessities for dining. Had to ask for water, extra silverware, re-fills. Maybe next time we'll ask for the blonde that was on top of things that evening.

Reviewed 9 September 2012

You are greeted by wonderful flowers and a friendly hostess. All of our dinner party have been here many times in the past. A few of us have our favorites, some like to try something different each time. Each dinner comes with soup or salad, warm bread with your order. The Chicken Parmesan is excellent. Stuffed shells are so delicious each time. When ordering the ravioli expect the best. Many times we order dessert, not tonight. An after dinner coffee drink is our usual. The decor is wonder, clean and updated. The service is great.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

We have been dining here for several years and Sal's has never disappointed. If their standard menu or the mouth-watering specials don't tempt you, feel free to ask the chef to whip you up something decadent. The twin filets are fantastic, as is the tomato-basil soup. We've dined here often enough to be known by name and that on any given evening we'd like to be seated in waitstaff Emily's section. She makes a mean cappuccino known as the "Emily Special". Ordered with a freshly made cannoli... after dinner heaven. Enjoy!!

Reviewed 8 January 2012

Once a month, I call Salvatore Scallopini's in Eastpointe to order a carry-out of Chicken Francese, Minestrone soup and salad when I'm visiting my mom on the east side. My husband and I have always enjoyed the delicious lemon chicken and the Minestrone is wonderful. The service is always excellent. My order is always ready as promised. I've ordered my carry-out dinner on the spot a few times and enjoyed coffee and cannoli with my mom at the bar while waiting for my food.

This Eastpointe Salvatore Scallopini restaurant offers in house dining and outside dining during the summer months. Over the years, we've tried a variety of specials with great success. The ravioli, gnocchi, and stuffed shells are excellent. Many seafood "catch of the day" dishes have been delicious. You can't go wrong here.

1  Thank pasiphae