“NEVER AGAIN”
Review of Maxfield's Inn

Maxfield's Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Edmore
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Use to stay every time I was in town.Never Again.Checked in at 7:00 pm was checked out by 7:30..Ice maker didnt work could deal with that. Key to pool room didnt work. no big deal. when I got into the pool room empty and I could see why. The pool was filty and full of scum coulnt see the drain it was so bad.Hot tub was dirty and full of sand. Was told it just needed to be vacuumed out..didnt think to bring my vacuum. on vacation. Went thought hell to get refund on credit card. Woman at desk didnt know how and no Manager on duty. Wouldnt even stay if they offered me a free night..NEVER AGAIN

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank GLORIA E
MaxfieldsInn, General Manager at Maxfield's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2011

Gloria

I would like to personally send my sincerest apologies for your recent service and experience at Maxfield’s Inn. The state of the pool and hot tub was unacceptable and goes against our mission statement and everything the Maxfield family stands for.
As you know from your past experiences with us, this is not the norm. I, along with the owner of the property, personally spoke to the maintenance staff first thing Monday morning to get the pool and hot tub cleaned up. We also put in better guidelines for what to do on the weekend when the maintenance staff is not always on duty.

In order to address some of your other concerns:
-It is true that we have had issues with our ice machine not being able to keep up with the demand on the busy summer weekends. In fact, the broken parts were replaced this afternoon.
-In regards to the pool doors, we keep that door locked to encourage guests to go through the locker rooms in order to shower.
There is normally a sign on the door that directs guests to do so, but apparently it has disappeared. We are in the process of having a new sign made that can be permanently placed by that door.

I know these words cannot erase the poor experience you had; but, I hope that in the future you will continue to keep us in mind when traveling in the area.

-C. Benson, Manager

Reviewed 7 October 2010

Stayed here one night just passing through. Nice enough room, the hotel is set back away from the road so didn't hear any road noise. Room was clean, the bed was fine, the breakfast was okay though nothing special. Did not use the pool or exercise room, the exercise room looked larger than typical. Wireless internet worked fine. Room rate was very reasonable. Go to the Phoenix Bar & Grill (a couple blocks away) for a burger and a beer. Would stay here again, no problem.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 February 2010

My husband and I stayed here with our two grandchildren. And we were up till after 3am to the sound of people running snow machines. They were so close that it sounded like the were running around the Inn. We would have expected this up north but in EDMORE please people

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank meagrams
Reviewed 6 January 2010

quoted one price, charged another, after the fact! we keep getting billed for 21.60$ for something,we don't know what and they can't seem to tell us. we tried to stop it at the bank but they have our debit card and keep charging us! we didn't steal anything or break anything and left the room clean! BEWARE OF THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank linndy58
Reviewed 30 January 2009

Whoop-t-doo They give me 1/2 off room with no heat and -20 out side . I want and should not have been charged at all for thwe room with no heat . I am just now getting over the cold that I got while staying in that ice box all night . At midnight whare else was I to go . My helpers room was fine I don't have a problem at all paying for the other room we had . Only one bed it other room so couldnt bunk with him .

My employers have agreed with me to stay away from the Maxfield Inns threw the state and I will drive an hour out of my way to avoid another nightmare like the one we had that night . Maxfield dont seem to care . This tells me a lot about how they run a business .

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank drpuppers
MaxfieldsInn, Manager at Maxfield's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2009

Our apologize that this experience was anything
less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of
each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to
make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Guest was allowed an early checkin that morning, so we did not enter his room to turn the heat up, as we believed he had went to his room at checkin. Our apology went out to guest and he seemed satisfied with a discounted room. If we had known he had not went into the room that morning upon early check in and was not to return till after midnight we certainly would have entered to turn the heat up.

Reviewed 26 December 2007

My wife and I have stayed at Maxfield's in Edmore several times. This property has been immaculately maintained every since it was built. The rooms are always clean, the staff ALWAYS helpful, and the continental breakfast certainly well above what one might expect for the price! We normally don't have little ones traveling with us, but those who do always seem to enjoy the pool.

There is a convience store and gas station right across the parking lot for newspapers and anything one might have forgotten. And, the Phoenix Bar in downtown Edmore (just a short drive away) is a landmark--not to be missed. Also, plan time to visit Maxfield's Restaurant further up Wyman Road. We always try to time our stay to take in all three! Patrick

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2007

Needed a place to stay near Alma College for a football game. Nice little hotel in a very small town. Clean with all the amenities - pool, whirlpool, exercise room, and continental breakfast Had a late burger and a beer at the Phenix Bar & Grill downtown. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Been to Maxfield's Inn? Share your experiences!