“Kindness and flexibility would make Trick Dog outstanding.”
Review of Trick Dog Gallery & Cafe - CLOSED

Trick Dog Gallery & Cafe
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: Cuban, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Every summer I look forward to our trip to visit Trick Dog. I've purchase prints from this neat place and other items in the shop. I was very upset this summer when we showed up close to 4:00 pm. We didn't realize it closed this early but went in and got a cup of coffee. While I was paying, the ladies of the shop turned the lights out. They were not very kind and I felt like we were being forced out. I understand sticking to a closing time. I've worked in retail and hotels for 12 years. I could not believe this lack of hospitality and disregard towards the guests in Trick Dog that day. Please be aware that this is not a good way to treat your guests.

5  Thank srhoda23

Reviewed 11 March 2013

My favorite coffee shop in the Frankfort area - great coffee, and really neat ambiance - will gladly drive around the bay from Frankfort to grab an espresso drink here and linger in the gallery - whimsical artworks also dot the landscape around the building, which sits atop a hill overlooking the bay and has a nice view across to Frankfort. As others have noted here, be sure to check that it's open (they close seasonally and also during the week during summer season).

Reviewed 31 August 2012

This is one of my favorite stops in northern Michigan. Cool stuff inside, but the gallery/cafe exterior is also landscaped with art pieces I like even better than the ones inside. Best place in northern Michigan for porch sitting, latte sipping, and inhaling views of a lake.

1  Thank SkeeterDiva
Reviewed 12 August 2012

This has to be the best coffee house view anywhere. We love coming here. There are just two limitations. First, they are not open Tuesday and Wednesday. Second, the bakery section can be limited, very touch and go as far as availability of items.

3  Thank Faith H
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I have been going to Trick Dog since it opened. The service had always been indifferent, and this summer has gotten to the point of rude. The coffee and bakery are not exceptional, but the art IS lovely and whimsical. I wish they would either a) ramp up the offerings or at least try being pleasant and helpful regarding food service or b) just do what they're good at and be a seasonal art gallery. Maybe it's only 1 or 2 employees that act like tourists are the bane of their existence, but it ruins the karma of the entire place. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen, and if you can't stand the tourists run an art gallery where you can be as stand-offish and eclectic as your mood dictates. Sorry, but I can get better coffee/bakery downtown Frankfort, and I don't need the attitude.