“Best family vacations ever!”
Review of White Birch Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Elk Rapids
White Birch Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elk Rapids
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Writing to politely refute the earlier poster who felt the Lodge had shady internet practices. If they had checked with the actual WBL website maybe they wouldn't have been so upset. I have never felt mislead by WBL with any advertising or their website. We are getting very close to 20 years of visiting there and I can't say enough about how wonderful they are to work with. I have grown children who count the days until we can get back up there, just like they did when they were younger! I hope the poster who was upset actually tried WBL and saw what a special place it is. Can't wait to bring up the next generation to visit and enjoy!

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank petoskystonefan

Reviewed 29 July 2011

What a great time our family had at WBL. All of the staff was wonderful and our kids had the time of thier life. All they talk about is going again next year. The staff made us all feel like we were at home and the ski show was top notch. We recommend WBL to anyone with kids or adults who just like to have fun.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2011

My husband and I stumbled across White Birch Lodge a few years ago and loved it so much that we started having friends from all over the U.S. and the world meet us here for a summer getaway. The last time we went, our friends were bringing their children and we look forward to many more reunions in the future! My husband and I love our cozy cottage with it's screened in porch that is just a couple of short strides away from the crystal clear lake and a white sandy beach that is perfect for relaxing and soaking up some sun. However, my husband, who is not much of a sit-still-and-relax type of traveler, there are boats, wakeboarding, water skiing, kayaking, sailing and swimming. The dinner bell and delicious food will have you reminiscing on your childhood and the evening activities, if you choose to participate, and accommodating staff will make you feel right at home. A truly perfect spot for both friends and family!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank JockeyKel
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We had a WONDERFUL time at White Birch Lodge. From the time we booked our reservation until our departure we experienced nothing but the best service and accommodations. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. Our room was spotless, which is very important to my family and I. Besides the amazing lodge itself, the surrounding area is glorious. We were able to participate in a number of water sports on the beautiful lake, such as paddle and wake boarding. The dining has serves really great food and takes the fuss out of dinner. I have already convinced 2 friends to visit, and they loved it too.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2011

Went to White Birch Lodge for the first time last year and had a GREAT time there! It was for a reunion of good friends from all over the country and world. Decided to meet in Northern Michigan at White Birch Lodge. Was really a memorable week. Not just because of all our friends together in one place but the Lodge itself was such a fun place to be. On a peninsula jutting out into beautiful Elk Lake, WBL is in prime location for all the watersports and activities you could imagine. Our group water-skied, wakeboarded, wakesurfed, sailed, and swam the whole week and it was more fun each time we went out. The owners, the Conrads, are just great people! Very warm and friendly. It was clear that their main goal was to make sure their guests were well taken care of and having as much fun as possible. Our lodging was very comfortable and the staff was great. All the staff learned our names by the end of the first day and addressed us by name the rest of the week. Very impressive! The food was perfect for the setting and there was more than enough food to go around. We definitely did not go hungry that week. Also spent time in town and visiting local wineries as well as the Sleeping Dunes National Recreational Area. Overall, just a great week with great friends at a great Lodge. Go to White Birch Lodge!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2011

White Birch Lodge truly has everything: a relaxing beach, kayaks, paddle boards, sailboats and of course water skiing!

It was only my first visit, but it is easy to understand why some of the other families had been visiting every year for 30+ years. My cabin was only a few short steps from the lake; the food was excellent; the staff was helpful, friendly and fun; and the family of owners (two generations living on site) made me feel at home immediately!

And for an all-inclusive, week long family vacation, the price is right! I will definitely return, hopefully sooner rather than later.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2011

i traveled there last summer with my mother and her close friend. My sister was working there, which is why we visited. She had friends on the staff who've gone to "The Lodge," as everyone calls, it since they were children, and it was how she discovered it.

We didn't know what to expect and were blown away by the whole experience. The Conrads, the family who runs the Lodge, are warm and welcoming, and the staff is a group of enthusiastic college-aged people who want to share their love of the Lodge with you. We mostly relaxed by the beach (the water is crystal blue), and watched everyone waterskiing, tubing and sailing. One day we paddled kayaks to the small town, and another day we went on a vineyard tour. We also did yoga with "Yoga Zack" which was great! The best part was that all the meals were served in the dining hall so that no one had to cook or do dishes. You're served "family style" by the staff.

Many families return year after year, and over the week you get to know them. It's a great place to bring kids because they are totally safe and having fun, and the parents can really relax or jump into their own activities or activities with the kids. There are lots of babysitters on hand so that parents can go out in the evenings too. We're re-booking this year, and I'm bringing my friends with small children because this will be the vacation they've been looking for.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Best Western Plus Traverse City
Best Western Plus Traverse City
#3 of 40 in Traverse City
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City

Been to White Birch Lodge? Share your experiences!