The Supper Club
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This new found gem is located in a small, very plain building about a mile down from the light on US 31 toward Kewadin. You have to look for it or you will probably miss it. There is a sing in front but it is easily missed. The restaurant is small, maybe seating 40 people and is pen for Lunch and dinner plus a Sunday brunch. At first the menu offerings look like something you would find in a bar or neighborhood diner. However, upon closer examination you will discover some very unusual food that is simply wonderful. My wife and I split a cowboy nacho ad an appetizer and discovered it could have been a meal in itself. It was loaded with pulled pork covered in tomatoes, scallions BBQ sauce and melted cheddar. Very tasty and very unusual. We each had a spinach salad with candied walnuts, goat cheese and dried cranberries but were really tempted by their Waldorf salad. For our entrée we choose the shipyards pie. I delicious mix of Lamb stew met carrots, celery, onions, peas and corns smothered in roasted garlic mashed potatoes. It is hard to find Shepherd's pie and even more difficult to find really good Shepherds Pie. The Supper club has both., There are so many other unusual items on the menu that it will take us quite a while to work our way through them not to mention the wonderful distraction of their daily specials. Prices are very moderate with nothing on the menu over $15. Service is very personal and friendly and we were waited immediately plus the chef/owner stopped by our table to see how we were doing and chat for a minute. We will be back to the Supper Club soon and highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys good food.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

My wife and I ate dinner at the Supper Club tonight - drawn by a $30-for-$15 deal - and we were quite amazed by the quality and freshness of the food. The menu is mostly comfort food, but it's done with a touch of quality you don't usually find in similar "down-home", inexpensive restaurants. Part of the surprise about the quality of the food is that the decor is virtually nonexistent. Half a dozen booths and 3-4 tables, with sheets of paper instead of tablecloths. The look of the place is, plainly put, completely bland and lacking in character. But when our very friendly waitress brought out my very tasty chicken gumbo soup, my wife's ample house salad made with fresh greens, including romaine lettuce, and a plate of fried pickle chips, our eyebrows went up. Then came the entrees. My wife had the seafood special: a nice piece of cod lightly fried in homemade batter, a delicious crab cake made with real crab - no filler - and 2 fried shrimp, along with hand-cut fries and slaw. She loved all of it, and she's not usually into fried food. I had Cajun shrimp and grits. The presentation was beautiful - like what you'd expect to find in a pricey fine dining restaurant - and the flavors were comparably good. When we got to my wife's fries (yes, we shared them), we dipped them into the ketchup and I wondered what kind of ketchup it was. It wasn't Heinz but it was delicious - a bit sweeter than Heinz but with a great tang. Previously I have found all ketchups to be inferior to Heinz. This may have been better. When we asked the waitress what brand it was, she told us it, like absolutely everything else in the place, was homemade. Amazing.

The Supper Club just opened in December. The real test for the place will be this summer season. Its humble appearance and competition from Pearl's, a great New Orleans cuisine restaurant just up the block, may pose a challenge. But for some seriously good and fresh downhome cooking, at the right price, you can't do a whole lot better. We'll be back.

1  Thank KEW15
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Delicious food, try the citrus vinaigrette on your salad. Fast service, not a long wait for food. Had the fish and chips, my husband had the blackened salmon, we were very happy with the meal.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

My husband and I just had a great lunch at the newly opened Supper Club. He had BBQ ribs done on a smoker and I had a crab cake sandwich. Both were wonderful. The home made potato chips were the best I have eaten, crisp and not too salty. They even make their own smoked catsup by fire roasting the roma tomatoes.
The service was quick and helpful.