The House on the Hill
Weathervane Terrace Inn and Suites(Charlevoix)(Great Value!)
US$110
Pointes North Inn(Charlevoix)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$154
Charlevoix Inn & Suites(Charlevoix)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$126
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Charlevoix(Charlevoix)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$127
Boyne City Motel(Boyne City)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$116
US$266
US$182
US$119
US$112
All reviewsfront porchbabbling brookhiking trailsmy husband and itraverse cityrose roomgourmet breakfastlake viewpaddle boardsbed and breakfastchain of lakesget awaymuch needed r rhardwood floorsamazing chefcould not have been moregreat bed
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We spent two nights here and ate at the Rowe Inn, just down the road. A great place to spend relaxing or hiking around the property. There is plenty of things to do, kayaks and canoes are there for guests to use. There are numerous places to visit nearby, Charlevoix, Petoskey. The accommodations are first class. The breakfasts were very good and the owners exceptionally friendly. If you are going to be in the north part of Michigan, you'll want to considers this.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs overlooking the lake
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kenneth H
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I went to the House on the Hill for a special event which was a cooking class in partnership with a Matter of Taste at Tapawingo and Fustini's Oils and Vinegars. My timing could not have been worse since the drive was terrible as it started snowing terribly the day I drove up. But despite the harrowing drive my stay at the House on the Hill was a welcoming and relaxing retreat. My room, the Birch Room, was comfortable, clean and had a very nice view. The owners Marci and Philip Palajac are wonderful innkeepers as well as hosts. The breakfast is definitely gourmet and I hated to return home to my mundane scrambled eggs but thanks to Ginny and Gregg McCallum, a Matter of Taste, and Maxine from Fustini's I know how to liven them up.

The cooking class was held at Matter of Taste at Tapawingo was very informative and the dishes prepared by Maxine featuring Fustini's Oils and Vinegars were delicious. I cannot wait to use their products. Our dinner prepared by Ginny and Gregg was simply divine and I can easily say I can't wait for the opportunity to do this all over again even if it means driving in a snowstorm.

P.S. The coffee butter is to die for and make sure to buy some jam to take home or give as gifts, Marci's mom makes it and they are good.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 October 2012

After a day of wine tasting in Traverse City, my husband and I drove up to The House on the Hill and looked forward to a relaxing evening. We were not disappointed. The property is beautiful and the setting is very peaceful. The innkeepers were very friendly, and our room in the carriage house was as nice as I had hoped. We look forward to going back again. Oh, and as others noted...the breakfast was wonderful!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gbkb1986
Reviewed 7 September 2012

My wife Linda and I stayed at the House on the Hill, and were treated like a King and Queen! The grounds around the B&B are beautiful and quiet. We spent time enjoying the sound of running water and almost did not want to leave the B&B to go sight seeing. The breakfast were of a very high quality and you can see they were prepared with LOVE! The owners Phillip & Marci Palajac are very friendly and caring. They do there best to make you feel that you are at your home away from home. The view from the front porch of the lake is beautiful and you can use the kayaks and other boats if you wish. My wife and I just enjoyed watching and did not go on the lake. The B&B is within easy travel of some of the nicest towns in Michigan and you can therefore use it as a great place to explore Michigan.

The rooms are beautiful, and overall an experience not to be missed. By the way this was a wonderful way for Linda and I to celebrate our 15th anniversary.

Room Tip: The Carriage house is all on the first floor, so if you have troubles with stairs, request the Carriage house.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hughck
Reviewed 5 September 2012

This is the first B&B I've stayed in that I would make a destination on a future trip. I've stayed in many nice B&Bs, but this one has hiking trails and access to a lake with provided kayaks, a paddle boat, and a canoe to take out. The breakfast was above average and there was a refrigerator stocked with wine and beverages and available to store your own drinks.

The room I had was spacious, very well furnished, and immaculately clean. And yes, all the rooms have private bathrooms.

You can walk to a 5-star restaurante, the Rowe, which was also excellent.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple