“Had a Great Stay”
Review of Maple Lane Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Empire
Maple Lane Resort
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Empire
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Our fishing trip was better with a stay at Maple Lane Resort. Rooms were clean staff went out of there way to see we had what we needed. Made us feel like family,They even gave us a late check out at no extra charge.

Room Tip: Upper rooms only have stairs.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dave M

Reviewed 12 May 2013

I visited May 2013 for the 2nd time, and I have to say it was even better than the first (last year, same time). The rooms with kitchenette (we were on 2nd floor) had all the things we needed to whip up a meal. The price structure is based on time of year you visit, and was extremely fair. The tv was well placed so we could watch the game. The room was very clean and cozy when we arrived.

We were there to fish, so our morning was going to be earlier than the continental breakfast was scheduled. The manager got it ready EARLY for us, making our morning a breeze to get on the water.

The location allowed quick access to the water, and it looked like we were real close to Sleeping Bear Dunes as well.

I will return to this same resort next year without hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank michigansnorkeler
Reviewed 11 May 2013

The rooms are prob one of the most coziest rooms I've ever stayed in. And I've stayed in many motels. The wooden architecture and the quilted furniture makes it truly feel homely. The price was great. The staff were kind and very helpful. Support independent establishments like this and stay here on your next visit to Michigan's beautiful dunes.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Zues1001
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Our family stayed here for a week every August for 6 years; until 2012 when were treated poorly by the new management. Rates had gone way up. Friendliness had gone way down. We are so sad we were not welcomed back.
I hope the owners get back to the basics and get Paul and his wife or Gina back.
They would welcome us back.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ann T
Maple L, General Manager at Maple Lane Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2013

Hi Ann,

Sorry that you disappointed in Maple Lane Resort and and the friendliness of MLR , Connie and I (Rick) took over in August of 2012 and have made tremendous strides in customer service here at Maple Lane Resort. Do not know what you mean by welcomed back due to the simple fact that we have never turned anyone away? We have made it a priority of management and on behalf of the MLR Team to address any concerns or issues that were not up to our guest's expectation. Our prices have gone up some since 2008 our rates have gone up less the $20.00 per night because we installed new mattress's throughout resort, new flat screens, and offer a continental breakfast (which had not been offered before June of 2012). Also our rates are comparable to most hotels in the area, in fact are more reasonable then most. We have gotten back to basics here at Maple Lane Resort and we want to make every guest stay here a memorable one.

Rick

Reviewed 24 March 2013

I along with 6 friends had an awesome stay in the Resort. Everything was perfect over there. We planned during Spring Break, and when we reached there we experienced snow over 1 foot. Still, we had the first camp-fire of the season. Ms. Connie (if I'm right), you're just awesome. Helping us with lighting the woods to friendly behavior, delicious breakfast, and so much !!! Everything was perfect !!!

Room Tip: Go ahead with any of the rooms, you won't repent !!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 February 2013

My husband, and his family, has been coming to Maple Lane and the Little Glen Lake area for almost 20 years. My then 4 year old son and I were introduced to the Maple Lane in 2010 and we both quickly fell in love. We all come every year around August/September, and my husband and I now come each year just before Christmas (3 years running now!) to have a couple's long weekend. The Maple Lane is wonderful - comfortable and homey. We were all pleasantly surprised last summer to arrive to new management. Rick and Connie have outdone themselves in the short time they have been there. Anything you need they do their best to accomodate, the grounds look beautiful, their continental breakfast has improved greatly, and the addition of the new beds and tv's is great! We stay in regular rooms in the summer, and my husband and I stay in the 2nd floor carriage house room when we come in the winter. Either way, the rooms are clean, simple, and again, feel like home. We count the days each year when we leave, to the time that we will be able to say that we are heading back there again. Thank you Rick and Connie! You are so kind, friendly, truly the best and, I am sure as we continue to get to know you, will become like family :)

Todd, Jaci, and Sam Churan

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jaci C
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I stayed here for the first time for my deer hunting base camp this year November 2012. When we arrived, the staff were wonderful, frendly and most helpful. Our group stayed in the Carrage house and it worked out just great for the 5 of us. This resort is now under new management and I have to say the new people really know what they are doing. I have worked in the sales service and marketing industry for almost 25 years now; so you will have to trust me when I say they know what they are doing. They are very interested in your oppinion and what you think of the place. they take an intrest in the sucsess of the place better than I could. I felt like I belong there and after only a short while, it starts to feel like you are more like family than just customers. The recent changes if you haven't seen them lately, will most likely impress you to say the least. The best thing about the resort is that it is so very different from anyother of the countless hotels that I have stayed at from the aspect that it is not just a place to sleep. you find yourself just enjoying the surroundings and wanting to just hang out because it is just that comfortable and easy to just make your self at home and enjoy the many intresting things that make this resort so different and special. The well kept grounds are large enough to wander around and not feel like you are tresspassing. The play area is well located as to be able to let children play while they are in sight and ear shot. I wandered down to the end of the street a hundred yards or so to the beautiful Big Glen Lake. I can't wate to come back and take a dip in the warmer months of summer. I am looking forward to bringing the whole family here in the summer as the area is loaded with a mess of things to do. Anything you have ever wanted to experence in an Up North vacation can easly be had. Heck whan you call the resort tell them Tim and Mark sent you. I hope your as pleased with this special treasure "Up North" as my Deercamp mates and I are.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tim L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Empire
Northwoods Lodging
#1 of 2 in Frankfort
Empire Lakeshore Inn
Empire Lakeshore Inn
#2 of 3 in Empire

Been to Maple Lane Resort? Share your experiences!