“Waited too long”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I'm from the Toledo area and had heard about this little "middle-of-nowhere" place but it took me about 5 years to finally drive the 10 or so miles north of Toledo to try it out. I'm glad I finally did.

There were 4 of us and all the entrees were excellent. The service was also a pleasure, everybody was just so genuinely nice. I had the pork chop saltimbocca. Divine. The coc a vin (?), the lobster ravioli with squash ( and I don't like squash), and the sautéed perch were excellent.

The appetizers we had were good, nothing spectacular. Be careful here as the appetizers are large and, while 4 of us split 3, none of us had room for dessert.

Prices are very reasonable, absolutely a 5-star value. The wine list was also priced very affordaby.

Of all the restaurants I've been to in the Ohio-Michgan area, this is one I wish would do a
prix fixe menu of little portions, like small bites of 4 or 5 dishes with wines and desserts. It would be heaven.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

If you are a foodie, and have not eaten here,, make reservations.. better yet cancel your next one where ever it is, and change them. You won't be disappointed in your choice. I've sampled some of the best restaurants around, as well as famous steak houses in Chicago and elsewhere. I have yet to find better food anywhere. Now if you are the type places a higher value on pricy art pieces over the quality of your meal, then you may disagree. The ambiance is nice, but out dated, The owners Chef Tad and his wife, run the place, and it shows in the depth of flavors in every single dish, as well as their excellent friendly service.

2  Thank dive328
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We once again visited the Frog Leg Inn and were pleasantly surprised at the offerings on their new menu. Prervoiusly there were no vegetarian options. Even the omnivores were pleased with the selections they had. Be certain to ask for the specialty wines as the one we selected was superb.

2  Thank Ray-n-Sol
Reviewed 20 July 2013

This restaurant was a bit out of the way for me. I travelled a little over an hour to a small quaint town called Erie, Michigan from Windsor, Ontario, Canada. I had only viewed this restaurant online and was not sure what to expect. Upon arriving, found this to be an experience that was amazing. The town is extremely small and this place was built back in the 1800's. The minute you walk in, you can feel the history and wonderful atmosphere of this restaurant. The service from the time we entered until the time we left was outstanding. They made you feel right at home. The chef came out also to speak with us. I ordered bruschetta as a start. It was well prepared and seasoned perfect with the freshest of tomatoes and shredded cheese. A wonderful fresh loaf of bread with seasoned butter was next to the table. Then our salad and freshly made coleslaw which was one of the best coleslaws that I have tasted in a while. The main dishes ordered where fresh frog legs and fresh lake perch. Both dishes were prepared with the utmost care and great presentation. As a side was zucchini with onions steamed with a tomato sauce and a seasoned baked potato. I complimented the chef on the taste and he explained about the French background and living on a farm so that he cooked very basic with the freshest of ingredients being a must. It certainly showed and the taste was one that will have me returning to this wonderful restaurant once again. We ended with a very chocolaty cake, which was very enjoyable. This was a dinner for my Mothers Birthday Celebration. It certainly was worth the hour long drive.

2  Thank germeltravels
Reviewed 22 March 2013

The food was delicious and fresh and the chef was willing to customize dishes to meet the dietary needs of the diners. The wine selection was superb. We enjoyed the meal so much that we spent extra time over desert.

1  Thank Ray-n-Sol

Been to Frog Leg Inn? Share your experiences!