“A pleasant stay!”

Quality Inn & Suites Escanaba
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Escanaba
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Greeted by KBaile, a friendly warm hotel lady, she reviewed room options available (had no reservations) and gave us a small discount. Thank you! Hotel was clean and respectable considering it was an older property. Enjoyed our stay, the staff was excellent, checking out was quick and they wished us a safe journey as the weather was poor. Anyone considering staying here would be a good choice compared to other hotels in town.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor, mid section, very quiet room with no outside distractions.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SnDNorth

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I love this place, I stay there any chance I get. The rooms where spotless and very nice. the rooms have flat screen tvs. The hotel has a great pool and the water is very warm. The Staff makes you feel like your visiting with a very dear friend. I absolutely love staying here, we stay about once a month and get treated like rock stars. This is a place that makes you never want to go home.

Room Tip: get the suite, you will love it
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I said it when I was there and I'll say it again for this review. This hotel was the absolute best place I have ever stayed...no exageration. When I walked into the lobby I was amazed at how huge it was. There even was a grand piano. The counter person was very friendly and respectful. The room was absolutely spotless. SPOTLESS. The bed was super comfortable, including the pillows. Big screen TV was beautiful. The bathroom was SPOTLESS. I felt like I was the first person to use this room...that's how clean it was. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Spent September 27-30th, 2013. Hotel is being completely updated in stages. Was traveling with an elderly person using a walker so I requested, and received, a first floor room. This hotel does have an elevator. Room was well appointed with updated furnishings and flat screen TV. Everything was clean and confortable...I did go to Wallmart for a pillow, but that is a personal pillow preference issue, and not the hotels...they are harder than I like. The hot breakfast buffet was perfect with a selection of hot and cold. There was something for everyone. The lobby was beautiful, as was the covered outside entrance to the hotel with two seating arrangements. My only complaint? There was no ironing board or iron, nor was there a small micro or mini refrigerator in the room. They did have a small general use mico in the corridor area. It has been a long time since I stayed anywhere that did not have an ironing board or iron to freshen packed clothing. And even the most inexpensive hotels today have a micro and small fridge in the room. My cooler just didn't cut it. Would I stay again? Yes, I would...the pool was great. But I would ask if any rooms had those items I also would have liked, and needed. Fortunately I pack a spray "wringle release" product, and I used it.

Room Tip: Ask if your room has a mico or fridge and iron!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I'm sorry to have to write this but that place is a dump. Our first impression came as entered the lobby which is OK but it's all downhill from there. Approximately half of the hall lights had burned out bulbs making the hall dark. The first room we were given had peeling wallpaper, holes in the walls (small holes from picture hanging but holes none the less) and strange stains on the bed sheets. When we called the front desk to ask for help with the spotted bed sheet the hotel employee told us that she is a lady and can't come to the room. Then she said that we could come and get clean sheets at the front desk or just wait until morning! When we approached the front desk to discuss the situation with her she was already on the phone with the hotels general manager who's attitude was no better than the workers was, then she compared us to murderers saying that she feared for her safety. We were finally given a new room which also proudly displayed the same peeling wallpaper, hole ridden walls décor as the previous room did. After inspecting the bed sheets we turned in for the night or so we thought, for there in the dim light coming in from the outside I could see a bug making its way to my wife's ear; I trapped the bug in a foam cup for safe keeping until morning. When morning came I was the only one of us who would take a shower since my wife was just too grossed out. We went back to the front desk and found the general manager who was on the phone the night before, we tried to politely explain what had happened but the manager lady would hear none of it, she spiked the cup containing the bug on the floor and ordered us out of her hotel or she would call the police, I'm not sure what we would have been charged with but that describes our experience that this Not so Quality Inn. Do yourself a favor and DON'T STAY IN THIS DUMP!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Robert W
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The reception area of the hotel is very large and stylish, with comfortable seating. The room was spacious and had all the facilities one could need, and the bed was extremely comfortable. Both of the staff members I spoke to during my stay were extremely courteous and helpful, especially the gentleman (sorry I can't remember his name) who went into the back office and made a pot of decaffeinated coffee especially for my husband as the only pot of coffee on reception (available 24 hours) was caffeinated. The breakfast (included in the very reasonable room price) was very good with plenty of choice.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol1906
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We happened upon this hotel while on a family vacation. Our car broke down on a Sunday afternoon & had to be towed to a repair shop. The next morning the mechanic said we needed a new fuel pump which would not arrive until the next day. Check-out was at 11am, so we booked our room for another night. By 1pm the mechanic determined that we only needed a new module & could have it ready in an hour. The front desk was very accommodating and allowed us a late check-out so we wouldn't have to pay for another night. We hung out in their comfortable lobby until our car was ready. Great service!
The room was clean & comfortable & the kids enjoyed the spacious pool area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family