“Good experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Escanaba
Venice, Florida
“Good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We had 3 rooms for one night at Escanaba Quality Inn. Rooms were very nice, clean with recent improvements. Pool area was nice for the family & for a game night. Front desk and housekeeping personnel were very friendly and helpful. Free breakfast was the usual stuff. Like most such breakfasts, there weren't good food options for me. It would be nice to see fruit (other than apples) and maybe hardboiled eggs. I'd stay at this Quality Inn again & will be more likely now to try other Quality Inns.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank anaswims

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I booked this hotel by accident, I was really intending to book a different hotel.

The common areas of the hotel are very nice. There is a beautiful outdoor seating area, the lobby is spacious and comfortable and offers books to read and other diversions. The staff is super friendly. Breakfast was ample, hot, fresh, and free. Very good. There was plenty of parking, and the location is good.

This hotel does seem recently updated.....but only halfway. A walk down the hallways reveals a cramped and claustrophobic hallway that seems sterile and more fitted to a sanitorium.

The first impression of the room is nice. Bed and headboard seem contemporary and comfortable. The room was certainly clean. But the updates seem like they stopped halfway. The bathroom fixtures seemed not in the greatest working order, and other aspects of the room seemed somewhat shabby.

This would be a nice place for a conference or other event, but personally I will not stay there again for the prices they are charging.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Flat_Earther
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

I was recommend to stay at this hotel from the front desk Mgr at the Comfort Suites in Appleton, WI. I went ahead an made the reservation and he had called the hotel and requested and up grade for me since I stay at his property a lot.
What a nice room! Very comfortable, clean, and a cozy couch to kick back at the end of a long day.
Tom was so friendly when he checked me in, it was a very warm welcome!
Had some computer problems but wasn't the hotels fault, Tom and one of the owners tried very hard to get it to connect with no avail but I really appreciated all the time they spent trying to help me out!
Upon check out the girl remembered that I was recommended to there property and was very pleasant and hospitable!
Thanks to everyone! I will be back when Im in town again!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Brent S
Banff National Park, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Greeted by KBaile, a friendly warm hotel lady, she reviewed room options available (had no reservations) and gave us a small discount. Thank you! Hotel was clean and respectable considering it was an older property. Enjoyed our stay, the staff was excellent, checking out was quick and they wished us a safe journey as the weather was poor. Anyone considering staying here would be a good choice compared to other hotels in town.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor, mid section, very quiet room with no outside distractions.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SnDNorth
Gladstone, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

I love this place, I stay there any chance I get. The rooms where spotless and very nice. the rooms have flat screen tvs. The hotel has a great pool and the water is very warm. The Staff makes you feel like your visiting with a very dear friend. I absolutely love staying here, we stay about once a month and get treated like rock stars. This is a place that makes you never want to go home.

Room Tip: get the suite, you will love it
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Daphne, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I said it when I was there and I'll say it again for this review. This hotel was the absolute best place I have ever stayed...no exageration. When I walked into the lobby I was amazed at how huge it was. There even was a grand piano. The counter person was very friendly and respectful. The room was absolutely spotless. SPOTLESS. The bed was super comfortable, including the pillows. Big screen TV was beautiful. The bathroom was SPOTLESS. I felt like I was the first person to use this room...that's how clean it was. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Friendship
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Spent September 27-30th, 2013. Hotel is being completely updated in stages. Was traveling with an elderly person using a walker so I requested, and received, a first floor room. This hotel does have an elevator. Room was well appointed with updated furnishings and flat screen TV. Everything was clean and confortable...I did go to Wallmart for a pillow, but that is a personal pillow preference issue, and not the hotels...they are harder than I like. The hot breakfast buffet was perfect with a selection of hot and cold. There was something for everyone. The lobby was beautiful, as was the covered outside entrance to the hotel with two seating arrangements. My only complaint? There was no ironing board or iron, nor was there a small micro or mini refrigerator in the room. They did have a small general use mico in the corridor area. It has been a long time since I stayed anywhere that did not have an ironing board or iron to freshen packed clothing. And even the most inexpensive hotels today have a micro and small fridge in the room. My cooler just didn't cut it. Would I stay again? Yes, I would...the pool was great. But I would ask if any rooms had those items I also would have liked, and needed. Fortunately I pack a spray "wringle release" product, and I used it.

Room Tip: Ask if your room has a mico or fridge and iron!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family