“Great Value!!!”

Country Hearth Inn - Escanaba
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Escanaba
Reviewed 15 March 2008

I'm not quite sure what the person commenting on the breakfast and carpet was talking about... The carpet was fantastic!!! It look next to brand new! The breakfast was not just muffins and eggs in tupperware- They have the reg. coffee, apple, orange juice, fruit, cereal, bagel- and REALLY great bread (cinnamon and raison and some kind of nuts) made by a local bakery, they had waffles, hard boiled eggs and muffins! The help was so great!!!! They made it so comfortable to stay!! They even have a business center with free fax and copy machine and computer- This was my anniversary stay and it suited me very well!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 November 2007

I stayed here when I met some friends in Escanaba. The motel is older, but fairly well maintained. The room and carpet was clean. I didn't eat the breakfast so I can't say how it was. It had a nice sized TV and the room had lots of space in it. I thought it was a good value for the money. The bed was nice and firm..almost too firm but at least it wasn't saggy or dipped like alot of motel beds.

My only real complaint is that the walls are paper thin. I was in the restroom, and when someone walked by in the hallway I swore someone had entered my room. Plus I could clearly hear the conversation in the room next door and they were talking in a normal voice.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 November 2006

I am not at all sure which hotel other posters are writing about. However, I did not find the Travelodge Escanaba to be particularly clean. I was not exactly anticipating a Ritz Carlton and, for the duration of my stay (one night) and rate (about $55), I could not demand too much.

Allow me to summarize my stay with three specific comments:

1) Shag carpet (in the guest room) so dirty/stained that I kept my socks on the entire evening;

2) The hotel's "fitness room" consisted of three or four sorry looking machines that looked as if they hadn't been used since the late 1970s;

3) The hotel's "deluxe continental breakfast' consisted of a few mini poppy-seed muffins and hard boiled eggs all served from a couple of tupperware containers.

During my stay in Escanaba, I passed by a decent looking Best Western and a comfort suites. I'd recommend checking those out prior to settling for the Travelodge Escanaba.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 October 2006

When you visit, this is a good place to stay. Lots to do close. Be sure to vist "the bear" while in town.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2006

Clean property at a good value.

• Stayed: October 2006
1  Thank MsBlvd
Reviewed 13 February 2006

This is a great place if you are looking for a clean, quiet place to stay. I have stayed in most of the motels in Escanaba over the years and I think this one is the best value for the money. It will be my choice during my next trip up to the UP.

• Stayed: October 2005
3  Thank The_Madison_Traveler
Reviewed 24 June 2005

One of the best things about the place is the airconditioners that are so quiet that you can actually leave them on at night and sleep. The rooms are clean and the staff is helpful. Also the softball teams, baseball teams and the kids tend to stay at the Days Inn and Super 8 so it is much quieter here. It is a pleasure not having teens run up and down the halls all night long. I would stay here on my next trip. They also have internet in the lobby

• Stayed: June 2005