“Enjoyed My Stay!!”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Escanaba
Burlington, Wisconsin
“Enjoyed My Stay!!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Comfort Suites Escanaba on a return trip home from a week-long trip in Sault Ste Marie, St Ignace, and Mackinac Island. It was an enjoyable experience for the most part. I had stayed in this hotel before a few years back, when it was practically brand new. I thought it seemed just as clean and well-maintained now than it did then. I arrived to check-in at about 4:30 in the afternoon. The desk clerk was very friendly and quickly checked me in and I was on my way to the room. I had a standard king bed suite on the 1st floor facing the highway and parking lot. The room was immaculate. It appeared to have been cleaned very thoroughly. The room was comfortable and inviting. The bed was very comfortable, and I slept very well here. I enjoy the convenience of getting a 1st floor room because you do not have to use stairs or elevator every time you are coming or going. However, I do feel like I have less privacy when facing the parking lot on the 1st floor because people can see right in if I don't keep the curtains shut all the time. It was a quiet, peaceful room though. The hotel is right on US 2/41, right on the western edge of Escanaba, but I was not kept awake by traffic noise, so the hotel is obviously soundproofed well. I did like that my room was right across from the business center, so I could easily use the computer to check e-mail, get directions, surf the web, etc. My room was right next to the elevator, so every time someone used the elevator, I could hear the elevator motor. This really did not bother me that much, but I could see it being irritating to someone more sensitive to sound. I used the fitness room during my stay, and thought they had very nice equipment in there. The room was clean, too. I enjoyed using the indoor pool/whirlpool as well. This is a great pool area for families, as kids will love the "water playground" here! I did think the hot tub seemed kind of dirty when I relaxed in there, however. Also, only about half of the jets were working during my stay, so I had to stay in one half of the hot tub. They will need to work on servicing and cleaning the hot tub a bit. Overall, though, I enjoyed the entire pool area, and it is great for families. The breakfast in the morning was wonderful, also. They had a nice selection of hot and cold items, including scrambled eggs, bacon, bread for toast, bagels, English muffins, cereal, yogurt, waffles, and more. I had a satisfying breakfast. The hostess was very friendly and asked me how everything was as I got up to leave. The clerk at check-out was also very personable when I departed in the morning. She asked how everything was with my stay. The staff here was very friendly and professional. I will definitely stay again when in the Escanaba area, and I would recommend. This was a very nice stay for my last night of vacation, and I had very few issues!

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Mark E
Cathy M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for such a nice review. Be assured the hot tub water was changed. Please come and see us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Elm Grove, WI
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We had traveled up here for the UPQHA horse show over a one week period. We saw that this hotel was most like our best bet. It pretty much was. It's about 5 to 8 minutes away from the fairgrounds in Escanaba. It's most likely close to everything else you want around this area in Escanaba. Plenty of good choices for restaurants like the Stonehouse and a huge Walmart supercenter store on Lincoln. Also, a highly rated 18-hole golf course at the Island Casino and Resort named Sweet Grass, is quite a challenging golf course for the golfing enthusiasts. This is exactly 15 minutes driving Highway 41 to the west. This is a must try, and don't forget to register for the island card which gives you a $10 discount for 18 holes. Anyway, the hotels rooms are clean newer and fairly comfortable. Although the in room air conditioner is kind of on the noisy side. If it's cool enough during the summer you can always open up your window. However it doesn't open all the way, and it allows a nice fresh cooler night breeze inside your room. The FREE Wi-Fi is just average for your typical hotels like this. It's okay but it could be faster. The login is easy enough. Several times, the room key wasn't working and we had to get it re-programmed. I think they kept getting the wrong room associated with the key. However, the front the staff was nice enough that it was eventually taken care of. Except for the dreaded, occasional door slamming noises from other thoughtless patrons, generally it's a quieter hotel as hotels can be. I think overall though he should be generally happy with this hotel. Its a good choice. It also has an included hot breakfast usually. Eggs, waffles, sometimes cheese omelets, sausages, a variety of cereals, yogurts, juices, milk & coffee. There's ample parking.

Room Tip: I like the third floor, towards the end of the hallway.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Airbus300
Cathy M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for your kind words. Please visit us again soon!
minneapolis
Reviewed 2 July 2014

driving from minneapolis to mac island, we decided to stop and rest in escanaba, mi. the comfort suites was a great choice. the room was very clean; nice towels in the bath that were actually thick; small amenities in bath for our use; micro; refrig; king bed with plenty of soft and hard pillows. good water pressure the next am for our shower and the breakfast was good. we were very happy with our stay. front desk was very helpful.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Cathy M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
You made our day! Thanks for the kind words and great review. Come see us again soon!
Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my brother and his wife - 3 people in a suite, they had the bed and I was on a sleeper sofa. That was perfectly comfortable - no problem with sleeping on the fold-out bed. The staff was very helpful and recommended a great place for supper. Overall a very good experience.

Stayed July 2014
Thanks for expressing your appreciation. Kind words make us work even harder to ensure our guests satisfaction. Come see us again soon!
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We spent two nights in Escanaba and did not see any place better than this. The staff is friendly, the rooms are large and the price is reasonable. There is a nice pool area, especially for younger families. The building is ready for a few updates but overall is in good condition. The breakfast is free but the breakfast area is cramped. For fun, try counting the number of "rules signs" in the pool area...no diving, no smoking, no climbing, etc repeated many times. It must be a record number of rules per square foot.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rosebowl94991112
Cathy M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thanks for your nice review. You're right, so many signs, but with a water playground, we have to call attention to the hazards. We hope this doesn't diminish your enjoyment of our facilities. Please come to see us again soon!
Illinois
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was a very nice clean hotel. Beds were very comfortable. Only thing was the breakfast could have had more choices. Also the heat and ac unit louvers point up to the ceiling because the bed is right next to the vent. It takes a long time to cool down. They should install adjustable louvers on these units like other hotels have. The unit in my room was pretty loud.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Cathy M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Thank you for your positive input!
Carol Stream, Illinois
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This has become our favorite hotel in Escanaba. It is very comfortable and clean. While all hotels in the UP are now non-smoking, this one opened as non-smoking so you do not get that musty smoke smell from drapes and carpet. WiFi worked well. Did not try the pool, looked like mostly for younger kids. The breakfast area is small gets crowded fast so you may need to take it to your room or skip it.

Room Tip: I usually go for the higher floor away from the elevator and facing the back (East).
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
CathyMyers, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thanks for your expression of appreciation. It makes us strive harder to keep everyone as happy as you were!