“Clean and Comfortable”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Escanaba
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We were happy to get the last room in this hotel. Rooms are a good size with a microwave and refrigerator. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast was the typical hotel breakfast with both hot and cold items. The staff were friendly and very helpful. All in all it is a great stay if you are traveling in this area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Moonstone07
Cathy M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thank you for choosing Comfort Suites!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Great free breakfast, clean good size rooms, good water pressure, my bed was soft with big dip in the middle. The room was a two queen bed suite. The internet was horrible...so slow most pages would time out, couldn't watch YouTube video either....email was difficult. If you have Sprint you will be roaming the entire time in Escanaba. I would stay there again..even putting up with no internet and bad bed.

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for sending us a review. The internet is a constant challenge so were are working with Charter to find the solutions to our problems.

Come see us again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My family of 5 with 3 children under 7 stayed at this Comfort Suites for one night while on a trip to the UP. The front desk staff were very personable and I thought the breakfast was good. The room and bathroom were clean and in good condition.

The pool had a funky odor that other swimmers mentioned to me while my family was in the pool. We have since washed the swimsuits twice and the odor remains. So I think they have a slight quality issue to deal with there.

Besides the pool issue the hotel was great and I'd definitely stay here again when passing through the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Cathy M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you! Come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

The whole town and surrounding area was booked solid. I was lucky enough to find a room here last minute and was amazed. The service was great and the place was the cleanest hotel I have ever been to! And I travel often for work...this place is a great stay!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Cathy M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thanks for the great review! Come see us again soon1

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We spent the night here with another couple as we were attending a concert at the Island Casino. Our room was very clean and the staff was friendly. We were given casino packages and they arranged for a complimentary shuttle. The casino was about 10 minutes away. Breakfast was okay. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Cathy M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Thank you! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stopped here on the 4th of July, on our way to Iron River. This was a SUPER clean hotel. ( And if you have read any of my other reviews I am a FREAK about hotel cleanlieness!!!!). The pool area was a great spot for my kids after spending 7 hours in the car. The only negative thing is breakfast is only ok. There were not a ton of choices and it was crazy busy. Im not sure why they didnt open the other dining area. The coffee was HOT and good!! We would stay here again for sure!!!!!!!! Everyone who worked here was really nice and helpful with everything we asked!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Cathy M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you, thank you! Come see us again soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Comfort Suites Escanaba on a return trip home from a week-long trip in Sault Ste Marie, St Ignace, and Mackinac Island. It was an enjoyable experience for the most part. I had stayed in this hotel before a few years back, when it was practically brand new. I thought it seemed just as clean and well-maintained now than it did then. I arrived to check-in at about 4:30 in the afternoon. The desk clerk was very friendly and quickly checked me in and I was on my way to the room. I had a standard king bed suite on the 1st floor facing the highway and parking lot. The room was immaculate. It appeared to have been cleaned very thoroughly. The room was comfortable and inviting. The bed was very comfortable, and I slept very well here. I enjoy the convenience of getting a 1st floor room because you do not have to use stairs or elevator every time you are coming or going. However, I do feel like I have less privacy when facing the parking lot on the 1st floor because people can see right in if I don't keep the curtains shut all the time. It was a quiet, peaceful room though. The hotel is right on US 2/41, right on the western edge of Escanaba, but I was not kept awake by traffic noise, so the hotel is obviously soundproofed well. I did like that my room was right across from the business center, so I could easily use the computer to check e-mail, get directions, surf the web, etc. My room was right next to the elevator, so every time someone used the elevator, I could hear the elevator motor. This really did not bother me that much, but I could see it being irritating to someone more sensitive to sound. I used the fitness room during my stay, and thought they had very nice equipment in there. The room was clean, too. I enjoyed using the indoor pool/whirlpool as well. This is a great pool area for families, as kids will love the "water playground" here! I did think the hot tub seemed kind of dirty when I relaxed in there, however. Also, only about half of the jets were working during my stay, so I had to stay in one half of the hot tub. They will need to work on servicing and cleaning the hot tub a bit. Overall, though, I enjoyed the entire pool area, and it is great for families. The breakfast in the morning was wonderful, also. They had a nice selection of hot and cold items, including scrambled eggs, bacon, bread for toast, bagels, English muffins, cereal, yogurt, waffles, and more. I had a satisfying breakfast. The hostess was very friendly and asked me how everything was as I got up to leave. The clerk at check-out was also very personable when I departed in the morning. She asked how everything was with my stay. The staff here was very friendly and professional. I will definitely stay again when in the Escanaba area, and I would recommend. This was a very nice stay for my last night of vacation, and I had very few issues!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Mark E
Cathy M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for such a nice review. Be assured the hot tub water was changed. Please come and see us again soon.