“Keep driving or boating”
Review of Raft

Raft
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Fair Haven
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 27 October 2013

There is nothing really positive to say about the restaurant. The menu was very limited, basically burgers or sandwiches. They did have fish and chips which I ordered and they were terrible. To add to my terrible meal I ordered a mixed drink and it was completely weak. I did give the restaurant 2 stars because my husband did have a Ruben and it was ok. We did end up leaving the Raft and going to Dairy Queen because at the end of the meal we were still hungry.

2  Thank jstock2431

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Stopped in the other night...Saturday, September 14, 2013. I have been to this place for a quick lunch and thought we would try an evening with 3 adults and 3 teens. I will agree the aft burgers are very good but I was very dissatisfied with the way you are billed for your meal.

If you ordered a burger that is listed at $4.89, a fish and chips order that was 9.99 a beer and a coke...what would be your guess at that bill?....how about $36.00!!!! What if I told you the Bill comes to you without a breakdown? What if I told you there was no price for soft drinks on the menu and that any time you had a refill that you were charged a "non posted" price?

I would not have been surprised to go into an establishment on the water and see a cheeseburger and a order of fries with a drink to be $12....but the deceptive practices are not appreciated in my circle of friends! The place had ONLY a few people there on a Saturday night and I know why! I won't be back!!!

We ask the waitress to explain how the bill for 2 meals cost $36 and she just stated that the burger was $3.89 (LESS THAN WE READ IN THE MENU!!) the onion rings is a side order ( Does not tell us how much) and an order of Fish and chips, you got a beer and the kid had a drink plus you pay for the refill (never said that before)..... The other parties that were with us did not get beer and there bills for two burgers and a soft drink were $24.

My group said they didn't mind the total price for their meals if it was listed that way in the menu....BUT two burgers at $4.89, fries and a coke should have never been $24.00!!

THIS RAFT HAS SUNK!!!!!! Hopefully who ever is managing this place, gets educated with the current restaurant billing procedures and attempt some "best practices"! List your food without deception and you will retain good customers....Be deceptive and not GIVE A DETAILED BILL an you have seen me for the last time!!

The burger was delicious but I still left with a bad taste in my mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4  Thank Frank P
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband loves the famous raft burger that is smothered in chili... we have been here 100 x by boat and car and never had a bad meal. I would def. keep coming back!

1  Thank lovemexico14
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We loved the timeless feeling of the Raft and the service and burgers were great. We arrived by small boat and docked but it is very shallow now so go slow. We will be back again this summer.

1  Thank upbeat624
Reviewed 31 May 2013

The place is very small but the staff makes you feel at home. I tried the "famous Raft burger" which was ok. Not as good as the Gar burger in marine city but not bad.

2  Thank joe_testa