“Good value”

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Farmington Hills
London, United Kingdom
“Good value”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed here in July 2013 for a week and found it to be comfortable as well as quiet, the room was clean, as was the bathroom and bedding. I was situated on the first floor and had a lovely view of the early morning sunrise. The free coffee from reception is very good, but the one complaint that i had was the quality and cost of the wi-fi, it was slow and unreliable.. The staff were all very polite and friendly which made my stay even better.

Room Tip: Because of the traffic on Grand river i would opt for a room in the back block.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Moodygit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Reviewed 25 August 2013

If you're looking for a clean, simple, cheap, quiet, convenient place to crash for the night in this area, look no further. The rooms are very spartan, typical of Motel 6, but the two times I've stayed there they've been spotless. It's amazingly quiet; I've yet to hear a single sound from an adjoining room. Plus there's a good assortment of restaurants right across the street. I was charged $45 for a senior, all included.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Dennis B
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Horrible. I booked this place 2 days in advance. I drove from Chicago. You would think in 2 days and 5 hrs. they would have had time to have the room ready for me when I arrived. Nope. I was told it wasn't clean yet. I needed first floor. Nope. I was told no first floor rooms were clean yet. It was 2:30 in the afternoon. Once I got into a second floor room, it wasn't close to what I reserved. I needed a micro-fridge, No fridge in the room. The bed was dirty and about near to fall apart. I checked for bugs because that is how bad it was. The carpet smelled, and was dirty. The manager Sonja was completely worthless, but the staff was nice. I felt sorry for them as they were helpless under this manager. I called an complained to Corp. They informed me that this location in independently owned, so there is no oversight here. That explains that horrible conditions. I went to the Ann Arbor location on S. State Street and it was 100% better! Do not stay at this place. The riff raff roaming the parking day and night was enough for me never to go back.

Room Tip: Stay at a Corporate owned Motel 6.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
7 Thank Jan L

Travellers are raving about these Farmington Hills hotels

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 5 June 2013

As you have possibly heard in the radio advertisement for Motel 6, we will leave the light on for you. Here at Farmington Hills I was given prompt service, received a clean room and at a budget hotel price. Nothing fancy here, very basic, but everything worked well. Internet was an xtra price at 2,99 for 24 hrs. Nice quiet area in a corner of the metro Detroit area

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank finnrobertHelsinki
Ohio
Reviewed 25 February 2013

For the price, you can't go wrong with this motel. It was decent, clean, and CHEAP. Wi-Fi was terrible, slow connection and they charged $2.99 a 24 hour period. The area was good, lots of motels and restaurants in the area. It's not a luxurious place to stay, but it was clean enough to spend the night.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank CoolRabbit
Toledo
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I stayed here on and off over the course of a couple weeks while I was moving between houses and waiting to get keys for my new house. My #1 concern was affordability. This place is definitely affordable if you are just looking to crash for the night.

Excellent access to all major highways. Lots of choices for food. The mall is a couple miles away. The area is very good - you are on the border of west Farmington Hills and Novi. That's about as good an area as it gets for suburbs of Detroit. If you're afraid to be over here, you're probably better off in a protective custody unit in the county jail.

No frills obviously, but I was just looking for a place to stay that was cheap and close to work. Rooms were clean and typical design of a Motel 6.

They charge you per day for wifi access, but I have 4G wifi through my phone so that wasn't a huge deal.

Staff was friendly.

This place is usually fairly packed at night. It's also located on a main road by some major intersections, so expect some road noise. It's not the quietest place ever, but it's not like being next to an airport.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Dave F
Novi, Michigan
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I was low on my budget, so I chose Motel 6. My boyfriend kicked me out and I had to sleep somewhere where I could afford. This place was actually pretty nice and clean. The staff was really helpful. Will definetly stay again. Thank you for your service.

Room Tip: If you want to stay at a nice and affordable place. This is it.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Liz J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington Hills
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
#5 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi
Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Nov...
#2 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Novi
Courtyard Detroit Novi
The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit/Novi

Been to Motel 6 Detroit N.W. - Farmington Hills? Share your experiences!