“Staff makes this place great”

Motel 6 Detroit N.W. - Farmington Hills
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Farmington Hills
Reviewed 29 April 2009

It's just your average Motel 6, bed okay, lamps, tv, pictures all nailed down. It's clean and could use newer warmer blankets but it's a budget motel - you're not paying Marriott prices. The front office staff here is FANTASTIC - they are so helpful and considerate. I'm handicapped and haven't been treated and help this nicely at top of the line hotels.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 21 May 2007

While attending the Motor City Comic Con in Novi, Michigan--I had the opportunity to stay at the Motel 6 in Farmington Hills, Michigan.

The room, including the bathroom, was very clean. The grounds were clean and there were ample parking spaces. The property location is in a nice area, far enough away from the highway that there wasn’t a lot of road noise, but close enough that getting back on the highway was not an issue. Restaurants and shopping areas are all within a very reasonable distance.

We, my 11 year old, and I stayed for two days and even though we did not ask for service, when leaving our room on the first day, a housekeeper asked if we would like service in our room (i.e. bed made, trash removed and a change in towels) I declined, but I did ask for extra towels and that was not a problem at all!

As always, Motel 6 properties are kid and pet friendly. I did witness another guest with a very friendly dog, playing in the parking area. The parking area was large enough that the dog had enough room to play. It is nice to see that there are places where kids, family and pets are welcomed!

I was so very pleased with my stay at the Farmington Hills, Michigan Motel 6 property that I would not hesitate to recommend this property to anyone. If I am ever in the area again, that is where I will be staying.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank WMR0818
Reviewed 28 April 2005

I've stayed at the Farmington Hills, MI Motel 6 on several occasions in the past three years. Let's face it, Motel 6 isn't a luxury hotel but the one in Farmington Hills is a good, basic hotel. It has a good location in that it's convenient to get to the expressway and you have easy access to shopping and restaurants. The facilities are clean and the staff there is very customer-oriented. They'll help out with whatever you need and are knowledgeable about the area. If you're interested in a place to shower and sleep without the "perks" of a luxury hotel, this is a good place to stay at very reasonable rates!

• Stayed: September 2004
1  Thank SkeetChick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington Hills
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
#7 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit/Novi
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detro...
#2 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi
Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Nov...
#8 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmington Hills
Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmingto...
#3 of 13 in Farmington Hills
4 mi away
Comfort Inn Farmington Hills
Comfort Inn Farmington Hills
#6 of 13 in Farmington Hills

Been to Motel 6 Detroit N.W. - Farmington Hills? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 Detroit N.W. - Farmington Hills

Address: 38300 Grand River Ave, I-275/I-696/I-96 at Grand River Ave, Farmington Hills, MI 48335-1514
Region: United States > Michigan > Farmington Hills
Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Farmington Hills
Price Range: £37 - £47 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Motel 6 Detroit N.W. - Farmington Hills 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Motel 6 Detroit N.W. - Farmington Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Motel 6 Farmington Hills