“Decent place for price.”

Motel 6 Detroit N.W. - Farmington Hills
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Farmington Hills
Marion, Indiana
“Decent place for price.”
Reviewed 22 January 2010

The Motel ^ was reasonably clean and clerk was nice. My only complaint at all was that there were several handicapped parking spots around the area of my room, and I had to park about 3 rooms down from mine. I had my dogs with me and left them in the van and would have liked the van close where I could see it from my room. I understand the handicapped parking, but at other motels I have stayed at, they were in front of the handicapped rooms, as they should be. But at this particular motel, it was in front of other rooms as well.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Farmington Hills
Reviewed 29 April 2009

It's just your average Motel 6, bed okay, lamps, tv, pictures all nailed down. It's clean and could use newer warmer blankets but it's a budget motel - you're not paying Marriott prices. The front office staff here is FANTASTIC - they are so helpful and considerate. I'm handicapped and haven't been treated and help this nicely at top of the line hotels.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
Ohio
Reviewed 21 May 2007

While attending the Motor City Comic Con in Novi, Michigan--I had the opportunity to stay at the Motel 6 in Farmington Hills, Michigan.

The room, including the bathroom, was very clean. The grounds were clean and there were ample parking spaces. The property location is in a nice area, far enough away from the highway that there wasn’t a lot of road noise, but close enough that getting back on the highway was not an issue. Restaurants and shopping areas are all within a very reasonable distance.

We, my 11 year old, and I stayed for two days and even though we did not ask for service, when leaving our room on the first day, a housekeeper asked if we would like service in our room (i.e. bed made, trash removed and a change in towels) I declined, but I did ask for extra towels and that was not a problem at all!

As always, Motel 6 properties are kid and pet friendly. I did witness another guest with a very friendly dog, playing in the parking area. The parking area was large enough that the dog had enough room to play. It is nice to see that there are places where kids, family and pets are welcomed!

I was so very pleased with my stay at the Farmington Hills, Michigan Motel 6 property that I would not hesitate to recommend this property to anyone. If I am ever in the area again, that is where I will be staying.

• Liked — The price, location and clean rooms
  • Disliked — NOTHING!!
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank WMR0818
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 28 April 2005

I've stayed at the Farmington Hills, MI Motel 6 on several occasions in the past three years. Let's face it, Motel 6 isn't a luxury hotel but the one in Farmington Hills is a good, basic hotel. It has a good location in that it's convenient to get to the expressway and you have easy access to shopping and restaurants. The facilities are clean and the staff there is very customer-oriented. They'll help out with whatever you need and are knowledgeable about the area. If you're interested in a place to shower and sleep without the "perks" of a luxury hotel, this is a good place to stay at very reasonable rates!

• Stayed September 2004
1 Thank SkeetChick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington Hills
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
#5 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi
Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Nov...
#2 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Courtyard Detroit Novi
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Novi
The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills
Extended Stay America - Detroit ...
#9 of 12 in Farmington Hills

Been to Motel 6 Detroit N.W. - Farmington Hills? Share your experiences!