“Groupon rip off”

Comfort Inn Farmington Hills
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Farmington Hills
Reviewed 17 December 2012

Stayed overnight to wrap gifts. I was unable for my husband to come because we had no sitter so he said to go and enjoy myself and wrap gifts so I did. Next day hotel charged me $100 saying I smoked in the room! I was beyond stunned and felt targeted by the staff for them to gain extra cash around the holidays. The manager called me a liar. I was just sick to my stomach. So becareful if u r a smoker because u will b targeted by the staff!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Diane1973

Reviewed 13 November 2012

Made reservations online. Prompt and courteous service upon arrival. Plenty of luggage carts. Perfectly comfortable and economical. Hot breakfast included. Located off the freeway which was very convenient for us.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mackinaw512
Reviewed 18 October 2012

The room was fine but older, the hallway ceiling was under repair in several places. Breakfast waffles and coffee were great, eggs were so, so; but it was "free". Property is becoming worn; amd needs updating. The exterior definitely needs painting. Staff was courtesy and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ComfortableBobo
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We stay at this hotel whenever we travel to the area and we love it. The staff is always great and the rooms are perfect!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JasonFawaz
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I have stayed at Comfort Inn over 20 times in last 6 months on company project. Price is great. Staff is wonderful. They serve hot breakfast buffet. I really enjoyed it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank roberta m
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Stayed again over Thanksgiving weekend at this hotel. Spent 4 nights in room 241 and each time checking for signs of any kind of bed bugs before getting into bed (which I do at all hotels) and each night no evidence of any bugs. Today we checked out early to catch our flight and a bed bug was on my pillow. I reported it to the desk clerk working very early and her only comment was "nasty". Now I have to take many precautions and hope one them did not hitchhike home in our clothes or suitcases. I have to quarantine my suitcase outside in the freezing garage to hopefully kill any that might have attached to it. I'm washing everything in the suitcase and hoping for the best. I have written many many reviews and this is the first time I have witnessed a beg bug and feel really horrible that we have to go through this. I hope the hotel takes my report seriously and contacts the proper exterminators to rid themselves of this terrible problem. It was a very disppointing ending to an otherwise comfortable stay I'm sorry to say.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
15  Thank PlanetR
comfortinnfh, Owner at Comfort Inn Farmington Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear Traveler,
Our hotel has strong guidance when it comes to any type of insects in our guest rooms as well for our public areas and rest of the hotel. All guest rooms are checked by hotel employees and hotel managers on a daily basis. At the same time as our other hotels in the area, we have a long term contract with professional Pest control company that comes and inspects our rooms on a weekly basis. We have never experienced any issues in the past or present from room 241, and same room has been professionally checked and rented many times after November 2011 with no issues.
Please call our hotel directly, if you have any other questions or concerns about our Comfort Inn.
Hotel Management

Reviewed 23 October 2011

The hotel is old but in a very good shape. It’s clean, cozy, and well equipped. My room was big and well furnished. The same I can say about the rest of hotel. I really enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business