“Customer Care and Service Above and Beyond”

Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Farmington Hills
LP
“Customer Care and Service Above and Beyond”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I was working in Livonia, Mi and staying at the Holiday Inn and Suites in Farmington Hills, MI when I became very ill during my work day. I needed to locate an Urgent Care center between my work location and the hotel so I called the hotel's front desk for help. In no time at all, Terry Kay, the manager, provided an address and offered me her personal cell phone number in the event I needed more assistance. My visit to Urgent Care resulted in admittance to the hospital. The following morning, I contacted Terry K to update her and to authorize the removal of my personal items from the room. Not only did she personally take care of this, I received a bouquet of "Get Well" flowers during my hospital stay from Terry, Sherry,Tony, Ingrid, Debra, Tasha, Shaun, Greg, Christina, Danielle, Simon, Ferris, Eric (to name a few of the HI staff.). When I returned to the hotel for a recuperative overnight stay (before making the trip home), the hotel staff received me sincere kindness. What a wonderful experience to receive so much care and assistance, especially being 250 miles away from my family and friends. I definitely recommend this hotel and the beautiful "family" that comes with it. Su G, Indiana

Room Tip: The floorplan of the standard rooms are great! Also available are brand new kitchenettes for folks...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Su G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Farmington Hills, MI
Reviewed 21 June 2012

My husband and I needed a quick place to stay and this hotel is right around the corner from us. It was a last minute thing so we didn't know what to expect but we were greatly surprised. The rooms were really nice and clean. Bathroom had marble sinks and was spacious. The breakfast was an awesome add on as well. All this for a decent price. We even suggested this hotel to my family that came in town recently from Memphis. They were satisfied too.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank willswifey
ELKTON, KY
Reviewed 13 June 2012

This hotel was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. If you need a hotel to stay around the Detroit area this is one to consider.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We book our stay through a travel agency for a soccer tournament on this past Memorial DAy weekend. It was 6 of us staying in one room and I was given a one King Bed with a pull out couch that on their desk and everywhere else said it accomadates max of 4. When i went to see if i could switch to a 2 double bed room the Manager said we couln't because all rooms had been assigned and that they do not guarantee 2 beds even though that was what i requested. I tried to cancel but she said i would have to pay for one night stay, i argued the fact that they were breaking their own policy by allowing a 6people on a max 4 room if we stayed!! Luckily, one of my son's teammate and his mom arrived after we did and were told they were assigned a 2 double bed room they switch with us. Now, does that make sense, we arrived at least 2 hours before they did, why couldn't they look thru their list and see that there were other rooms with only 2 people staying, they were not the only ones that had less than 4 in a room!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
chicago
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My family & I had to make an emergency trip to this hotel in the middle of the night due to a suspected carbon monoxide leak in our home. We checked in at 3:30 in the morning and the guest service agent was so kind and professional. He gave us a 3:00 PM late check out for the following day and even upgraded us to a suite for the night.

The deluxe continental breakfast was incredibly good and the hotel is clean and very well run.

We hope that the next time we have to stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites in Farmington HIlls, MI, it will be under better circumstances...possibly just for a relaxing overnight getaway but in the meantime, I will not hesitate to recommend this hotel to my family & friends that visit from out of town or also anyone traveling to the Farmington Hills, Novi, Northville areas.

Thank you, Holiday Inn & Suites, for making an extremely stressful situation one of the best hotel stays our family has had in a very long time!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I visit this inn 4 times a month its clean, friendly, what impressed me was the manager cleaning the snow off the guest cars this is the place to be if you need a place away from home.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank klw7578
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 16 January 2012

The location was great being right off the highway, however, I was not satisfied with the hotel. Kids were developing a rash from swimming in the pool. The hallways and elevators were not clean. I have a mild allergy to dust and mold and had a scratchy throat after spending time in my room. I would be fine after being out of the room for a couple hours. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit F...
#1 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmington Hills
Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmingto...
#3 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detro...
#2 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Novi
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
#8 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit/Novi

Been to Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi? Share your experiences!