“Great Service and Hospitality!”

Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Farmington Hills
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This was my first time to stay at this hotel and was for business. It was an amazing experience. The room was clean and cozy. The staff tried to make our group as happy as they can. Especially for a foreign stranger like us, the shuttle service to and from the local restaurants was very very helpful. I appreciate the manager and his staff for their efforts.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Dave has been great with his personal approach to everyone he meets or greets coming in the hotel. His staff top notch Sonny, Deb, Tasha, for breakfast, Karen and Matt at the Desk. Evenings Ingrid helps with a personal touch at the bar which makes a stranger welcome keep it up and I will be back. I may have missed someone and it is on because I cannot remember all the names but everyone was very polite.

Thanks
Gary

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2013

While visiting my Aunt in Royal Oak Mi I stayed here and the service was shockingly horrible! The front desk associates seemed nice but under pressure. I spoke with the manager, a short fellow with glasses, and he had an arrogance to himself which really seemed odd to me since this hotel is a 3 star. Rooms seemed clean to the naked eye, but i am a hotel jumpper so to speak, i can tell (as a lot of hotels dont) that their sheets are not changed daily. I attempted to ask for clean sheets from a guy i saw vacuuming the hall outside of my room but he barely spoke english and his body odor was most pungent! I know foreigners have peculiar odors but if you work in a customer service field at least shower. This hotel has lost another customer. For the rooms to be as much as they are there isnt much customer satisfaction happening. Get it together Holiday Inn Farmington Hills!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Techsavyy
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Techsavyy,

Thank you for your stay with us and reviewing our property.

I am disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not what you expected. I sincerely apologize for the dissatisfaction you had with the level of cleanliness and truly sorry for our facility fell below your standards. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 22 October 2013

i went there for a job interview and stayed in holiday inns next to the company. It is first time that I visited this area and I also asked the front desk about the local dinning places. The room is nice and clean, and service is also good.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Me and a business partner were in Farmington Hills earlier in the week for business meetings. This was my first time at this property. I was welcomed as a HI Gold member, and the staff even allowed me to put my business partners points on my account. Thanks for that- I always love free points! :)

My first impressions of the hotel and common areas was that it was very clean. This continued into my room and I found the suite style of the room to be welcoming. Having (2) Flat Screens, fridge and microwave was actually a very nice sight for a full-service hotel. The bed was very comfortable. I also will go out of my way to note all of the digital TV channels that were available. I don't think that I have seen that many digital channels in any hotel in my travels. While I appreciate the air/heat unit is not a through-the-wall unit as you find in the majority of travels, the room did not cool to my expectations.

The Red Lion was above average for hotel restaurant's. The food was pretty good, and the service was very good. My only feedback for the Red Lion is to add some more "local" beers. The breakfast was very well done. Please forward my compliments to the kitchen staff on breakfast.

Overall, I would definitely stay at this hotel again without any question. The rate paid was very acceptable for the service and the comfort levels provided. Holiday Inn should be VERY PROUD to have their name on your hotel.

Room Tip: Get ahead of the cooling needs of the hotel when you walk in and take the controls to maximum cold.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
david e, General Manager at Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Thanks for staying at our hotel. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return :)

Reviewed 16 October 2013

probably the worst Holiday Inn we have ever stayed at. For a non smoking hotel the smoke smell was so bad, I thought we were going to have to leave and find a different hotel, my allergies just couldn't take it. Then we went to the pool/hot tub, mainly for the hot tub, which wasn't even as warm as bath water. It was more the temp of lake water, freezing. We actually had to take hot showers when we got back to the room to stop our teeth from chattering. The room was decent. The breakfast was lack luster. It's not any different than the free buffets at any other holiday inn, however it cost $20 for it. And it was a little on the cold side, but we did go right at almost time to close up. The waitress was nice. I told the front desk of the issues and she said she would have the GM contact me. And as of today 4 days later, still no contact. to bad, I am always booking hotels in that area for work, guess they lost my business.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

I truly apologize for the experience you had at our hotel. I do not have your correct phone number. Please contact me ASAP and I will work with you to resolve the smoke issue as well as the whirlpool temperature.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stay at this location every few weeks for business. My stays have always been made to "feel like home". I frequent the Restaurant in the evenings and the bartender/host/waitress Ingrid is always a pleasure to talk to. She is a breath or fresh air after a long days work. Rooms are always clean and comfortable with wifi access that has never let me down like some hotels that I stay at weekly. I always look forward to breakfast, flat screen TV with the news while reading the newspaper. Friendly faces and good sellection on the buffet. I really appreciate Sonny's smiling face in the morning as she always goes out of her way to spend a few minutes chatting with me and assure I dont need anything else like a bottle of water for my morning travels.
Again thank you to all the friendly staff, especially Ingrid & Sonny. I appreciate you making me feel at home.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

We appreciate your comments and thankyou for staying at our Hotel. Your business is greatly appreciated

Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detro...
#1 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmington Hills
Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmingto...
#3 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit F...
#2 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Farmington
Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Fa...
#5 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Novi
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit/Novi

Been to Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi? Share your experiences!