We chose this hotel because of location and price point for our Winter Classic 2014 stay. We stayed for 3 nights. We are IHG members and appreciate the brand and were not disappointed by our room, housekeeping or other staff interactions.
The room was spacious and kept tidy throughout our stay. The crib that we asked for was set up and in the room before we got there. Dave, the manager, responded to an email that I had sent regarding transportation options and had a staff member call me.
The "restaurant" was not what I expected or perhaps hoped for. The Red Lion Pub boasts American/Japanese cuisine - the menu had only one or two items that might suggest an Asian flavour and breakfast had a few items labeled as Japanese fair but were empty. Appreciated the complementary breakfast but all of our party noted that they wouldn't have wanted to pay for it. We Tim Hortons it on other days (a few miles south in Livonia). I'd find other options for food it we were to stay again.
The biggest negative about our stay was not related to the hotel itself but can be summed up in two words - Hockey Teams. I won't go on and on but to say - what is up with parents who think it is ok to send their children out into the hallways to play mini sticks all night - past midnight seemed a bit ridiculous to me! #rude #inconsiderate
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn & Suites in Farmington Hills/Novi is a three diamond, full service, all suite hotel providing exceptional service, free wireless high-speed Internet and free local calls. We are conveniently located to I-696, I-275 and M-5. We have easy access to Livonia, Novi, Southfield and Detroit. The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Farmington Hills/Novi is the recipient of the 2007 Renovation Award. Everything has been designed for business and leisure travelers alike. Our meeting/banquet space accommodates up to two hundred people. Nearby offices include General Motors, Hitachi, Nissan, Tower Automotive, Magna and TRW. The nearby expressways allow quick access to local attractions and sports centers such as Greenfield Village/Henry Ford Museum, Ford Field, Palace of Auburn Hills, Twelve Oaks Mall, Detroit Casinos, Detroit Zoo, Founders Sports Park, Canton Sports Center, Compuware Arena and Comerica Park. We are the host hotel for the Rock Financial Showplace located only a few miles away. Attending the Great Lakes Art Fair, Int'l Gem & Jewelry, Mustang Memories All Ford Show or the W. Oakland Rib Cook Off & Family Fest at Rock Financial Showplace - our Direct Dial Phone located at RFS provides convenient complimentary shuttle service. Our team of highly qualified staff will provide nothing less than world-class professional, courteous and responsive service at the Holiday Inn & Suites Farmington Hills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi Hotel Farmington Hills
- Farmington Hills Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Novi