“Enjoyable team stay”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Farmington Hills
Sarnia, Canada
“Enjoyable team stay”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel in May for a soccer tournament. I am glad that hotels that take teams are willing to accept the fact that teams are going to want to be together.

Breakfast was just okay but I won't argue for free.

Rooms were clean and spacious. We weren't bothered our whole stay there and any time we needed anything, things were taken care of.

Extra security was brought on scene because there were so many teams staying at the hotel. Great job in recruiting these people. They weren't there to make life horrible, they were just there to make sure no one was bugging anyone and do their job. This made for a very enjoyable, tolerant stay.

One thing I will say is that the pool area is quite small... but again, clean and when we asked for towels, they were brought very quickly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Would recommend friends to stay here to have a great experience like I did. Great location to a lot of restaurants and shopping.
Breakfast staff makes my morning great and sends me on my way with a smile on my face

• Stayed March 2014
Harrison Township, Michigan
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Great breakfast and great stay. I come here once a month for a week for work. My company pays for it but I love the tues and weds night raffle and company happy hour! I would recommend this hotel and stay here again!! :)

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Laurkush
Farmington Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Friendly staff. Great location Very clean room and excellent breakfast. Sonny was an exceptional server in the Restaurant. Lauren went out of her way at the front desk to insure my bill was correct. highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Clinton Township, Michigan
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I took a group of 20 employees to a conference that was hosted at this hotel. I was very impressed with the staff and all they did to help me coordinate a large group. I ordered pizza for the group and they even opened their closed restaurant for our staff so we would all have a place to eat together. They were friendly, helpful, accommodating and always had a smile on their face. If I have the need to stay in that area in the future I definitely would chose this establishment.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel because of location and price point for our Winter Classic 2014 stay. We stayed for 3 nights. We are IHG members and appreciate the brand and were not disappointed by our room, housekeeping or other staff interactions.
The room was spacious and kept tidy throughout our stay. The crib that we asked for was set up and in the room before we got there. Dave, the manager, responded to an email that I had sent regarding transportation options and had a staff member call me.
The "restaurant" was not what I expected or perhaps hoped for. The Red Lion Pub boasts American/Japanese cuisine - the menu had only one or two items that might suggest an Asian flavour and breakfast had a few items labeled as Japanese fair but were empty. Appreciated the complementary breakfast but all of our party noted that they wouldn't have wanted to pay for it. We Tim Hortons it on other days (a few miles south in Livonia). I'd find other options for food it we were to stay again.

The biggest negative about our stay was not related to the hotel itself but can be summed up in two words - Hockey Teams. I won't go on and on but to say - what is up with parents who think it is ok to send their children out into the hallways to play mini sticks all night - past midnight seemed a bit ridiculous to me! #rude #inconsiderate

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Buckeystown, Maryland
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

We spent 4 days and had a few issues but they were quickly taken care of..Dave the manager followed through to make sure we were satisfied. Dave made it a point to know is on a first name basis. He is a great manager. The room was very nice, clean and upscale.. The bed was very comfortable and pillows were fluffy.. There was a microwave and refrigerator in the living room with a couch in a separate area. The breakfast was excellent and very upscale. It was included in our package but worth the $$ if I had to pay. The servers were very nice and professional. There is also free beer and chicken on Tuesday and Wednesday night with a wheel Dave spins and you can win gift certificates. The only suggestion for improvement I would suggest is a safe in the room to secure valuables. Thought a 4 star hotel would have..

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Jodi L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit F...
#1 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detro...
#2 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
#6 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Novi

Been to Holiday Inn Farmington Hills/Novi? Share your experiences!