“Terrible Customer Focus”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Farmington Hills
Plymouth, Michigan
“Terrible Customer Focus”
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I spent at least two extended visits at this property. No less than 14 days each visit. The front desk staff came across very rigid and inflexible when it came to providing guest relations solutions. This tone was apparently set by the management and trickled down the ranks. There were also foreign housekeeping staff that spoke very little english and had little to no skill dealing with guests. They would even enter the room without knocking and identifying themselves. There were numerous maintenance issues from broken AC units to toilets that didn't flush properly. The general manager walked around the property in attire more suitable for a county club (polo shirt and shorts) than someone there representing hotel management. I will never stay at this property again and advise you to stay here at your own risk!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
FHRRI, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills, responded to this review, 10 October 2011
I apologize you felt your experience during your stay here at the Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills was not satisfactory. I understand that you feel we were unable to assist you in solutions to your needs. We feel that we went above and beyond by providing solutions ranging from upgrades at no cost, and a flexible payment option, for your stay with us. I can assure you that I have reviewed our procedures with our housekeeping team and that each member announces themselves before entering a room. If the guest does not respond to their announcement, they will assume the room is available for service. I can also assure you we take all maintenance issues very seriously, and act on any concerns immediately. A primary goal is that all of our rooms and amenities are functioning as they should. Our team’s main focus in customer service and guest experience. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of both, and we do allow our team to represent themselves in a professional manner, that allows for comfort, depending on the weather. We extend this level of service and courtesy to all of our guests, and look forward to having anyone needing a room, in our area, to stay, as a guest, with the Red Roof Inn Farmington Hill.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 August 2011

The price is great, even cheaper than other Red Roof Inn's only a few miles away. Don't let the cheap price fool you. It's a very nice and clean hotel that has the basics you need. Nothing fancy but definitely not dirty and run down.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Pete M
Chesterfield, MO
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Typical red Roof Inn, checkin was fast, and the rooms were nice. My bathroom had water damage near the shower. I found out why when I used the shower. It was the most powerful shower I have ever had at a hotel! It was amazing. But some of the water escapes since the stream is so strong, even with the shower curtain closed. Beds were OK, nothing great, and the TV had most cable channels. Air conditioning was very good. The hotel is next to an interstate off ramp, but really was not noisy.
The internet was good, but Red Roof Inn places filters on it that limit where you can go and what you can do. The filters interfered with my work computer and I had extreme difficulty staying connected and doing my required work.
There are lots of restaurants nearby (Wendy’s, McDonalds, Subway, and Ponderosa) and relatively easy access to the interstates. There is traffic congestion in the evening that can make exiting the hotel difficult, but I could always get out within a couple of minutes. I felt safe in this area.
I paid $41.39 + 10% tax which I thought was a bargain. If you have business on the west side of Detroit or are visiting attractions in this part of the city, it is a great value. I was able to get to most of the Detroit and Ann Arbor area within 30 minutes from this location during the work week and weekend.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank jjctraveler
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We stayed at the inn on Saturday, July, 16th. The receptionist, Pat, who checked us in was professional and courteous. She made us feel welcomed. The receptionist who checked us out was equally equally personable. The staff reception was exceptional. Our room was equally special. Everything was clean and fresh. We would stay there again if we come to the area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chiefmissaukee
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2011

This is my first reveiw, but I have stayed at this Hotel several times in the past. The Manager and Staff have also displayed a professional manner. I have had no problem sending my friends to this location, and have never had a negative comment reference their stay. The guy who complained about having to get processed through the glass must not understand or does not care about the safety of an employee working alone late in the evening daylight or not. Criminals do not care about the time of day, and I'm sure the hotel must have a policy about when main doors are locked and customers are processed via the night bookin window.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Shotdra13
california
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Needed an inexpensive place to stay as I unexpectedly came through the area for business . Stumbled upon the Red Roof Inn and this was clean, inexpensive and conveniently located. The front desk staff was helpful and overall a good place to stay if you are on a budget.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank brosanch
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Nice place, but the lady that checks you in must really be scared as she locks the doors before dark and you have to yell through bullet proof glas to check in or ask any questions.

Room Tip: Come early before they lock the doors.