“Excellent Front Desk & Service”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Farmington Hills
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Farmington Hills
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Was greeted by a great young man at check in, who could talk to anyone and was willing to help in any way he could. When I left the hotel, I accidentally left my I-Pad behind and lady called me right away and asked how she could return it. All I had to do was give her my credit card information and they shipped it to my home address, and even took it upon themselves to make sure it was protected during shipment. What a great staff….keep up the great work.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Colleen Schmidt W

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed here while I had a convention to go to... The staff was wonderful and the manager seems very interactive and alert with his guests and front desk. I believe they were undergoing renovations. That didn't keep them distracted from their guests. Will definitely stay here again

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I read the TA reviews before booking this hotel, and I am so happy that I did! This was a wonderful hotel. It was clean, the free breakfast was better than average, the bed was pretty comfortable, and most importantly the front desk staff was super nice and helpful. I really have no complaints about this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The property itself is about average, compared to other Fairfield Inns we've stayed in. However, the front desk staff is so friendly, courteous, helpful and professional, I would stay certainly stay here again. Yes, the hotel could use some sprucing up, the parking lot needs attention, the rooms aren't very soundproof, and the breakfast selections are so-so, but Brandon and the young woman who also works at the front desk (Sylvia, perhaps, judging from another review I see posted here) made it easy to overlook those details. During our stay there was a bit of a problem one night with noise from some rambunctious younger guests, but the management handled the problem with courtesy and diplomacy, and the rest of the stay was much quieter. Also, I really appreciated having the in-room microwave and refrigerator as I have some dietary restrictions and it was helpful to be able to keep some of my own food in the room.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We've stayed at this one every year for I think the last 7 years when we come to the area for a convention. This year two things will make us try something else next year.

First, the noise was bad. When we checked in we asked for a quiet location as in previous years this has been a problem as well. I do have to say the girl at check in was very nice and tried to get us a corner room but it wasn't cleaned yet. She did move us to the 3rd floor thinking it would be quieter. It wasn't. We had kids running up and down the hall and laughing loudly till late at night. Then 2:37 a.m. there was a car alarm going off in the parking lot (not the fault of the hotel I know but still...), then at 6 a.m. our neighbors woke up and we heard their microwave door banging shut, the bell for it dinging off several times. We could almost make out their conversation and it sounded like they were blow drying in our bathroom. All that to say the walls are thin and it was loud!

The second issue was the breakfast. One of the things we liked in the past and felt set this hotel apart was the quality of the breakfast. Gone are the breakfast sandwiches that you can heat up yourself. There was only one kind of muffin and it was strange. Only fruit was banana, apple and canned fruit cocktail. I believe they used to have cut fruit (like melons, grapes etc...) I really did have a hard time finding something I liked to eat and this hotel used to have one of my favorite breakfasts. They do still have french vanilla cream which I did appreciate.

The room itself is nice. It has a large refrigerator and small microwave. The internet worked fine.

Because of the two reasons mentioned above next time I think we'll try somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank tlpgina
MartinAbdulnoor, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Farmington Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences experienced during your last stay. I appreciate you taking your time to write to us so we may use feedback to better our hotel. We try very hard to ensure noise levels are kept down and I'm sorry we failed you this last stay. We are undergoing a full renovation next week and will be making a lot of changes to the hotel and one thing we will be working on ways to avoid having noise from one room go into another.

Marriott has made all Fairfields change our breakfast program so Marriotts no longer carry the Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwich anymore. We will be adding a few additional items starting in April to expand our menu.

I would love for you to come try us out again next year when you are in the area as I will personally ensure you will have nothing less but a great stay.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a day in Feb-14. I have stayed at other Fairfield properties which are much better. Rooms here are good, however their parking lot was a mess.They must increase the options in breakfast offered.

Staff at the hotel is good. Thanks

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
MartinAbdulnoor, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Farmington Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Farmington Hills. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback. We have addressed the parking lot issues with our maintenance and will take appropriate measures to correct the problem.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel at 248-442-9800. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Sylvia the front desk receptionist is amazing. She is always extremely helpful and beneficial. When it come to restaurants, directions, or things to do in the city she went above and beyond. Very pleasant person to talk with while traveling.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business