Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Farmington Hills
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Bad experience from the point of check-in. The clerk placed priority on completing the "night audit report" rather than checking me in. When I got to the room, it immediately gave the impression of being "well worn" and in need of a make over. Old pillows, old bedspread.

Room did not have a hair dryer or shampoo. Went to front desk and the clerk stated that the rooms do not have a hair dryer, but gave me one from under the counter and I had to sign for it--seems very strange. She looked for some shampoo bottles but was not able to locate any--again, very disappointing. I have never stayed at a place with no shampoo.

Next morning, ran out of hot water in the shower. I complained on the way to my meeting and the clerk stated that it must be due to eveyone taking a shower at the same time. Duh, doesn't this happen at every hotel, every day?
Again, check on getting shampoo the next day and the clerk said that there was some available in the vending machine for $2. I asked if she could get some, and she said I would have to pay--clearly, this place is mis-managed and does not deserve to be in business. The most customer unfriendly hotel I have ever stayed in--my advice, stay away.

Room Tip: Choose another alternative in the area
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank David B

Reviewed 26 September 2010

Our room was very clean. The bed was really comfortable. It was nice to be able to make coffee and toast and have a refrigerator to keep milk&butter in. The TV had a good screen, very easy to see. We were not too far from our childrens homes. We were close to many restaurants. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2009

The hotel itself was as expected for a 2* property - a bit worn, not fancy. It was, however, clean and perfect for business travel. The "kitchen area" was smaller than most Extended Stay hotels, but adequate.

The desk staff, on the other hand, was rude, unhelpful and lazy.

I was attempting to use "dial-up" and had several conversations with the young lady at the desk. I continued to have problems and discovered that I couldn't even dial out at all from the room phone. When I reported this, she said "Oh, I suppose I need to turn the phone on." Getting off her rear worked like a charm.

Unfortunately for me, there was a loud wedding party at the hotel for the weekend - kids running up and down the halls, doors slamming, loud conversation in the halls, etc. I ask the guests to please be more considerate but that didn't work. On my 2nd complaint to the desk I was told "Well, ALL we can do is ask them to be quiet." The hotel was clearly not full so I asked if I could move to another room. "The wedding party is all over the hotel....Do you want to check out?"

Luckily for me, I hadn't extended my stay for a 2nd night through Priceline yet and was able to go on line to bid for a 2* in another location - Auburn Hills. I was met there with an incredibly courteous staff, a bit nicer accommodations and a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Comfort Inn Farmington Hills
Comfort Inn Farmington Hills
#7 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detro...
#2 of 13 in Farmington Hills
0 mi away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit F...
#1 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
#8 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills? Share your experiences!