“Started out okay... ended very satisfied”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Farmington Hills
Reviewed 10 October 2012

At first, I was not impressed with this hotel as at check-in they were not familiar with the Extended Plus program so the check-in took a long time. Also, the room cleanliness was a little 'suspect' the first 2 weeks, however the last 3 weeks of my stay- the room looked great! Also, I had to cut my stay short unexpectedly and they were MORE than accomodating to work with me... They saved me over $600 when they should not have. Overall, a great place! I would not hesitate to return.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Sarah L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate you sharing your experience with us. I want to start by apologizing for the confusion over your reservation. I have spoken to management and staff to ensure this is not repeated. It was great to hear that we helped turn around your stay with us. I am so happy to hear we were able to help with your unexpected departure as well. Thank you for sharing that with us. Again, we appreciate your business. Thank you for choosing our hotel while you visited the Farmington Hills area.

Reviewed 3 October 2012

I love this place, they have everything you need, a kitchen, office desk, new and fantastic bed, with a huge flat screen TV and high speed internet.

The office manager Cindy and her Crew at ESA are fantastic and go over and beyond to make sure your stay fits your needs.

Its a dog friendly hotel so you don't have to leave behind your dog

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Sarah L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

Thank you for your posting. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience with our staff. It's great to hear they went above and beyond to take care of you. I'm happy to hear our pet policy worked for you. I wouldn't want to leave my dog at home either! Thank you again for your business.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

I had read the other reviews and thought well I will try anyway.. Big mistake. Hotel is dirty and stinks.. The front desk people are all rude except one young man.. EX.. I asked where a restaurant was and the lady told me she didn't know and to go google it.. VERY RUDE...
DO NOT stay there..

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank sweetrobin
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Thank you for your review. Let me start by apologizing for the experience you had while staying with us. This is absolutely not the service or product we work to deliver to our guests. As a result of your feedback, I have met with the staff to ensure this kind of experience is not repeated, and to help us improve our processes.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our redoubled efforts.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

I truly enjoyed my stay at the Extended Stay. Clean bathroom, kitchen with right amount of utensils, great wireless connection, and most of all, amazing staff members! They are not just there to check you in, but they try their best to make you feel at home. Safe environment, walking distance to Starbucks/SevenEleven/subway/indianfood/etc. If you need anything, you can ask the front desk, or the staff will recommend where to get them around the area. Overall, great service with reasonable price! It was my first time at Extended Stay and it seems like I'll a regular from now on.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Kimmy K
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Kimmy,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at our Extended Stay America Detroit – Farmington Hills. It’s so great to hear you tried us for the first time and enjoyed your stay! Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels; it’s always wonderful to hear such a positive feedback. A home away from home is exactly how we want you to feel in our hotels. Thank you for choosing us and we hope you stay again soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

Stayed here almost 8 months, from September 2011 to April 2012, while looking for work in the Detroit area. In all that time, I never had a serious problem - not with the service or the other guests. The staff quickly addressed every issue that came up. Many thanks to all of them. They made my stay there a very comfortable one.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are quieter - they face away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank thjoer
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Thank you for your positive feedback from your stay at our Extended Stay America Detroit – Farmington Hills. It’s great to hear your stay was pleasant and comfortable and I’m happy that our staff took good care of you. Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 22 April 2012

I am away from home 3 weeks every month and was looking for a place that was "safe", "Clean" and a "great value". After trying too many other hotels, I have been staying at the ESA in Farmington Hills for the last 4 months. The people are friendly/caring the rooms are clean and the parking lot is well light and safe. I am very happy with its access to the highways and quality of local resturants/shoppling.
I highly recommend it!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Rich R

Rich,

Thank you for your positive review of our Extended Stay America Detroit – Farmington Hills. It’s great to hear that our hotel was a perfect fit for you. Your words “safe, clean and a great value” are exactly what we hope your guests find at Extended Stay Hotels. Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and we appreciate your business.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

I first stayed here March of 2011 and found exactly what I needed.Reasonably priced, Simple, clean (and I'm a clean freak!), quiet, with the comforts of a kitchenette and excellent location. Above all, the manager and her staff, where friendly, made me feel safe and comfortable and provided excellent customer service! If I had a concern or discomfort, it was addressed . I was so happy with my stay that I have been staying at Extended Stay all over the U.S. ( I am a student that was travelling to different cities for my studies and needed a quiet place to reside for short periods). I was happy to come back this year and enjoy the same comfort and convenience!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Jenn S
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

It was very kind of you to publish such a nice review of your stay at our Extended Stay America – Farmington Hills. It’s always great to read positive feedback from our valued guests. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington Hills
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
#7 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmington Hills
Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmingto...
#3 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detro...
#1 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit F...
#2 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Comfort Inn Farmington Hills
Comfort Inn Farmington Hills
#8 of 13 in Farmington Hills
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Southfield - I-696

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills? Share your experiences!