“Bad place to stay”

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Farmington Hills
Sioux City, Iowa, United States
“Bad place to stay”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This was one of my worst stays in a hotel! I booked online and then called the hotel to let them know that we were bringing our dog. I was told we would have a ground floor room because of the dog. We got here after driving for 14 hours and were put on the second floor.
Internet service is non-existent!
If you want housekeeping you either have to stay for longer than 8 days or pay extra for it!!! Really!!!
On the third day of our stay we were locked out of our room. Why? I have no idea. The maintenance man was in our room without our knowledge. Why? Again I have no idea!!!
At least the employees were friendly.
I would never stay in this type of hotel again!! I would not recommend it if you are going to be on vacation.
The hotel is in need of repair, badly!!! Cracks in the walls, carpet has burns in the hallway, doors in the rooms are filthy, silverware was atrocious and I refused to use it.

Room Tip: Don't come here. There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Tracy H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Tracy - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you did not have a pleasant stay while visiting the Farmington Hills area. We pride ourselves in being one of a few hotels in the area that are pet friendly, and I'm sorry we did not have an available room on the first floor. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will continue to work together to make sure your experience is not repeated.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at DFH@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
West Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This hotel is the dirtiest, dingiest hotel we have ever experienced. The hallway smelled like pickles and the room smelled like wet dog. We requested the 1 bedroom suite and it was just one big room with a divider for the sitting area. There were no drinking cups provided in the room. The carpet was so gross and dirty that my husband didn't want to walk on it without shoes. The "breakfast" consisted of oranges, apples and granola bars. I have to say the staff was very nice, but it could not make up for the disgustingness of the hotel. We ended up leaving and staying with family for 10 days.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Stacey J
Stacey - Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that you did not have a pleasant experience with us, and that you had to cut your stay short. To prevent this from happening again, my team and I are working together to correct the type of concerns you had. Still, I'm pleased to hear our staff was friendly and able to assist you.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at DFH@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Travellers are raving about these Farmington Hills hotels

Farmington Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I really like this place alot... When staying at a new place, I prefer to be in a hotel where the staff are friendly and a good room service is provided for the guests, ESA does this both and makes me feel comfortable by helping me find places and services that are close by. Its location is just perfect, close by supermarkets, restaurants and has a nice walking trails in case you need to go for walks. I also like the fact that there are trees close to the hotel, gives a positive environment.. The internet service is good. Overall I would give 5 stars for my stay at ESA.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Bala - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm so pleased to hear that your experience with us was a positive one. It was a true pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Farmington Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I have been in this hotel since May and I love almost everything. They offer great services and the staff is very understanding, always willing to help, and very friendly. The kitchen is a plus for those like me who enjoy cooking and the hotel's location is in close proximity to a variety of restaurants and coffee shops. The laundry room is well equipped and meets the needs of the tenants. I am very pleased to have chosen the Extended Stay America hotel, Farmington Hills for my short stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Grace - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you took advantage of having a fully equipped kitchen in your room. As well, I'm glad our location was convenient with a variety of restaurants and shopping in the area.

Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I was in this hotel from Jan to March 2013 on a business trip. Hotel is located in a very good location which was nearby to my office and had a couple of restaurants nearby and a coffee shop to help me beat the chill in the winter.The internet service was good, speeds are upto the mark. Laundry didn't give me any problem. The only let-down at this hotel is I couldnt find a gym. I got the habit of jogging daily but due to the winter I couldnt go out and neither the hotel had a gym. I thought the house-keeping would be done daily but its just once a week. That I felt a little disappointed as my room would become tidy after I cook my meal. Kitchen here is a plus point I can say, had all the essential utensils. The grab-and-go breakfast is not much of a customer's delight as it contains apples/oranges for fruits, a couple of coffee flavors and some cereal bars.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay and our wireless service was up to your standards. I am sorry to hear that you didn't have access to any gym facilities during your stay; please let the front desk know about this concern if you ever stay with us again, as we have two gyms that are within a mile of our property which we could refer you to.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at dfh@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Reviewed 4 April 2013

The people are always the heart of any business or Corporation and they can make or break of th of the customer especially in t especially in the service business like extended stay hotel. I would like to commend mgr. Cindy Calwell, Carol Erica and Wanda for making my stay there for the last 6 months a very pleasing and comfortable stay. thank you very much for your effort . Brad Paquette A plus

• Stayed March 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such glowing things about members of the team and the customer service you received overall. We are so happy to provide a warm and welcoming environment for all of our guests. You are right when you say that the people are the heart of any business.

Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I can only start with wow!!! I started a new position in Fenton, Michigan and I needed a place to stay for the first year since my family would nt be with me. i had stayed years ago in Atlanta at an Extended Stay so I gave them a shot, many came up, but I chose the one in Farmington, Hills. The best choice i made in a long time, lol!!!

Great service, like being at home the staff looked out for me the property was clean and well kept, my family came to visit during august so we made it a vacation...the staff went into overtime to help make my family feel welcomed.....I and my wife were impressed!! Great Job!!! Exxtended Stay in Farmington Hills, I wait for my next trip to Michigan

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank drelam
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm thrilled that you felt like you were at home. That is truly the goal we have for all of our guests. It's refreshing to see that your time with us during your family's visit was like a vacation.

Thank you again for your review. It was such a positive one. We can' wait for your next trip to Michigan either! It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington Hills
Comfort Inn Farmington Hills
Comfort Inn Farmington Hills
#7 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit Farmington Hills
Fairfield Inn & Suites Detroit F...
#1 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmington Hills
Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmingto...
#3 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detro...
#2 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
Red Roof Inn Farmington Hills
#6 of 12 in Farmington Hills
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Novi - Haggerty Road

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Farmington Hills? Share your experiences!