“Mixed with good and bad”

Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmington Hills
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Farmington Hills
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Checked in with family here. Indoor pool - good for kids. Service at restaurant was excellent! But room we had was...disappointing. Website says "Queen" but all beds were full size. The bathtub faucet dripped and the toilet had a "constant running" issue. I asked the front desk to have this resolved, but it never happened. Also..the towels are ridiculously thin - and we asked for an extra set...but they didn't deliver. Had to call down twice to get them. It was clean and managable..but I think I'll try a different courtyard the next time I'm in the area. Livonia has a good one...and so does Novi.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank David H

Reviewed 28 February 2012

My wife and I stayed at this courtyard hotel since it was close to the restaurant where we celebrated our 44th anniversary. The hotel was spotless and the employees were all very friendly and helpful. We will stay here again when we are in the vicinity.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2011

I am a platinum member of Marriott Rewards and I travel a lot on business. This has to be the worst Courtyard that I have every stayed at. The hotel room is very dated with picture tube televisions and decrepit bathrooms.

We stayed in a suite. We were "upgraded" because of my platinum status. The bathroom was terrible shape. There is rust on the ceilings. The granite countertop was cracked. The wallpaper was peeling. The door to the bathroom was warping. The bathtub was in terrible shape. Grout was dirty.

Refrigerator in suite was old and we could not find the thermostat to control the temperature. It froze everything.

The bed sheets were old and did not fit the bed. Every night during our six night stay the sheets came off and we are not restless sleepers. The bath towels were thin and practically useless.

The carpet in the hallway was being pulled up. The hallway carpet was also dirty. The carpet in the lobby was also being pulled up. Marble tile in the lobby was damaged and simply replaced with concrete.

I used to work for Courtyard and this place is an embarrassment to the Marriott name. I take pride having worked at Courtyard and I am a loyal Marriott customer. But this place is the worst that I have been to. Marriott needs to come to this property perform an inspection and rip its name off the property. Having worked at Courtyards before, I know about these inspections.

Remodel this Courtyard now or rip the Marriott name off this property.

On a positive note, housekeeping did a good job cleaning our room. Unfortunately, cleaning cannot mask old and poor maintenance. The front desk was very helpful.

Elite members of Marriott, stay away from the property. You will be extremely disappointed and you will regret it.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank alexsndiego
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I know what to expect with the Courtyard chain but the one in Farmington Hills is definitely showing it's age. Having no food service is also a downside. The one highlight was the customer service in the lounge. She was so friendly and made me feel welcome. December is always a hard time to be on business travel and she went out of her way to make me feel welcome.

Room Tip: I'd choose the first floor. Elevators were under repair and very rattley!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank china_mom101
Reviewed 5 December 2011

What would you do if you look outside your hotel window and what you see is a huge cellular phone transmitter right in your face? What jump right into your mind are the life hazard risks associated with radiation and should you stay or leave... Not the best of thoughts you want to have when you book into hotel.
Well, in this light I see no way I can give Courtyard Marriott even one star but a minus one - because this is what I have in front of my eyes right now! Wake up... all the rest of the issues we value like the rooms, the service and the location have no meaning.

Room Tip: Stay away from wing 200-220
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Miguel&Tulio
Reviewed 8 November 2011

This hotel is very well located off the 696 highway. Central to the area. The hot breakfast was very good and included in the rate. Rooms were under 100.00. Good value and clean.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2011

This is our second stay at this property. The hotel staff is great and the location, off 696, is perfect. We stayed here to be near family and everywhere we needed to be was less than15 minutes away. Loved the extensive breakfast buffet ($8.95) and the free internet. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family