“THANK YOU HOTEL FARMINGTON HILLS”

Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmington Hills
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Farmington Hills
Reviewed 26 July 2013

HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL!!!
From the front office desk staff (Sam) to Job (who brought a microwave and fridge to my room), to Ellen (who looked for a toothbrush to Katia and her partner (who brought me towels), the staff at HOTEL FARMINGTON HILLS was WONDERFUL!!!!! I talked to the Sales Manager Angelique(great personality!!) and Jacob Van Winkle (very informed and enthused), manager and they were wonderful. Ellen has worked at this company 18 years and STILL has a genuine smile on her face. (How often do you see THAT???) She needs a promotion corporate!!!!!! I will also recommend this hotel to the professional organizations I belong to so they can book conference rooms.
I won't bother looking anywhere else when I am in the area!!!! I used booking.com and was not at all sure what I was going to get. I have to tell you, Hotel Farmington Hills was wonderful. Beds and pillows were soft. To top it off, this hotel is doing a million dollar renovations in the next year! THAT should make it even MORE awesome.
The pool is inviting and I was even given a QUIET room!
THANK YOU STAFF of HOTEL FARMINTON HILLS! YOU MADE MY TRIP and stay great!!!!!!! :) :) :) BTW, I have no affiliation with this hotel, or any travel company. I do not know anyone here. Just thought kudos should be given to great people which is what makes this hotel different !!!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet corner suite or one near the elevator if you are going in and out! Book your hotel...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
HotelFH, Manager at Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmington Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! As you mentioned, we have a great team and great accommodations to boot. We are glad that you got to experience it for yourself and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Although our hotel accommodations were satisfactory and the price was reasonable, our stay was marred by the loss of a new pair of men's sandals which were left on the floor in our room upon our departure. When the loss was discovered the next day, we called the hotel and spoke with several employees including the manager. The manager assured us that he had done a thorough search and had spoken to the persons assigned to clean our room that day. Unfortunately the sandals were never found and will have to be replaced. This one night stay will ultimately cost more than we had anticipated due to the replacement cost of the sandals. Management did apologize for this problem but have not offered any type of reimbursement. We will not recommend this hotel to anyone nor stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for the feedback. Please allow me to apologize about your lost sandals. Unfortunately, we do not have any sandals in our lost and found and our Housekeeping Department is very diligent about reporting and turning in any lost items. I hope that you end up finding your sandals.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

I have choices to live anywhere in metro Detroit and I chose Hotel Farmington Hills . yep , I live in the hotel and I am proud to call it home for nearly 3 years . Rooms are super clean and spacious .Have am problem ---maintenance is there in a flash . food is "just fine " ---never a shortage, Management is professional and responsive . The staff of Susan , Nancy and Shelly run the food and beverage are outstanding ,John , Lance , and Ann run the daily management ---knowledgeable and responsive . housekeeping lead by Michelle and Katya leave the rooms in perfect condition , The new staff always smile and willing to help .Lobby and business area are immaculate thanks to Ellen. The GM Jacob Van Winkle is a true leader and is a classy person .

Pool and patio, exercise room ,oversized foyer , multiple conference rooms . spacious parking lot , well equipped business center --- all lend to a quality stay . Also in a ideal location in a super safe neighborhood all at a great price . proud to call this home and my clients love it here. this is not a resort but an affordable hotel that exceed expectations . I know this sounds too good to be true but I have traveled all over this country and various countries and I am surprised with this "diamond in the ruff-"-so I made it home . Howard Keating

Room Tip: not just a hotel but a home away from home . love the suites but love the people more !!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

We are so glad that you chose our hotel as your home. You feel like family to all of us. Thank you for the nice review!

Reviewed 17 July 2013

This hotel could use a little bit of a refresh, but I wouldn't say it's in disrepair either. I appreciated how large my standard room was and really liked the fact that I have a thermostat instead of the typical wall mounted AC units with a turn dial temperature setting. A digital thermostat is so nice! The wifi is complimentary and worked OK from my room. It seems that the wireless router must be some distance as occasionally the signal got a little weak.

I was a little disappointed to see the rust showing on the grid that holds up the ceiling tiles in the entry of my room. I didn't notice it at first, but when I started taking photos, I did notice it and think it's pretty poor. A little paint would make that look nice again. The ceiling in the main part of the room looks very nice, fresh paint and very clean. Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo of that ceiling specifically. The lampshade behind the coach is broken or detached. I'm not sure, don't really care enough to go over and look, just looks crappy and should be something that room service would note for maintenance to fix or replace. Also, I noted that an outlet cover was missing.

I used the "gym" to go for a jog on the treadmill. The room was small, but functional. The wifi worked in that room as well so I was able to watch Netflix while jogging on the treadmill. This was almost like home, except for the lack of a fan blowing right at my face. :) It got pretty warm by the time I was finished, but It's also a 93 degree day, and typically workout rooms are not cold enough to suite my needs.

I was excited to see that Wednesday nights (the only night I happened to be here) feature a manager's reception from 5:30 - 7:30 PM. There was a calendar on the desk which indicated that there would be 'sweet treats'. The card said, "You'll enjoy complimentary light fare, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages. Enjoy Happy Hour pricing on all beer, wine and mixed drinks during our manger's reception."

I stopped by on my way to the workout facility to see what this was all about. From what I could tell, there was a plate with a few grapes and a bunch of brownies. Then, a server was asking if I wanted to place an order for any other food. This was a nice touch, a little overstated, but nice to have some free snacks.

I reserved this room using priceline's bidding feature for $55 before taxes. The hotel was advertising rates of around $90 (also before taxes). I feel that I got a really nice hotel for $55. However, I would have been disappointed had I paid $90.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your thorough review. Your feedback has helped us pinpoint areas of the hotel that we can improve upon to make our guest's experience even better! We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay overall and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Our trip got off to a bit of a rocky start when we arrived and discovered one of our party had left her dress, purchased especially for a wedding we were attending, at home in Rochester NY. We were at breakfast the next morning and mentioned our ordeal to Nancy. She suggested several local stores and even showed up with a computer printout map showing the location and directions to these stores. We found just what we needed. She was at our breakfasts every morning thereafter and we found her to be very friendly and helpful. She really made our stay most enjoyable as did everyone we encountered. Thank you very much.

Room Tip: Refrigerators are available in all rooms if requested. We didn't know that until too late. Don...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
HotelFH, Manager at Radisson Hotel Detroit-Farmington Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your stay and regarding your interactions with Nancy. Nancy is a great asset to our hotel and we are so happy to have her on our team. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time that you are in the Farmington Hills area!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Farmington Hills immensely! Usually hotel remodels are difficult transitions, but not at Hotel Farmington Hills. THEY WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY TO MAKE ME FEEL AT HOME! I tip my hat to Jacob,and his whole team. From the greeting by Lance at the front desk,to my departure hug from Ellen, I loved being around those folks. Betsy,TJ, and John made sure that the little details were executed perfectly. The housekeeping and maintenance team,including Eric,kept me posted on plans,and I think I was almost as excited as they were about new things coming to the hotel. CLEAN,ORGANIZED, and PROFESSIONAL would be a good start in describing their demeanor. The sales staff,(Grace,Angelique, and Angela),were creative with in-house events. The GM, Jacob,brought a good dose of Southern Hospitality, and was very active in making sure that guests were happy. I LOOK FORWARD TO MY NEXT VISIT THERE!

Room Tip: pretty consistent room set up good
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We think our staff is top notch as well and we look forward to seeing you the next time that you are in Farmington Hills!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

The hotel is comfortable. Needs some upgrading but a great value for the price. Only issue was no coffee provided with the in room coffee pot. A little different, I thought. Beds are comfortable, shower is fine but towels are thin. Breakfast, not included, was very good. Price reasonable for the buffet. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Quiet area so any room would work. We stayed on the second floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

I am glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay and I appreciate your feedback. I apologize about coffee not being available in your room. I have notified our Executive Housekeeper about the over sight and she will make sure that all rooms have coffee placed in the rooms. In regards to the towels, we are currently in the process of replacing them with thicker and more plush towels that we think you will love!