“Had A Blast!”
Review of Heritage Manor Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fennville
Heritage Manor Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Fennville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed here over the holiday weekend with six other girls for a college reunion and loved every minute of it. Even from the beginning when I called to book, the owners were so accommodating. They helped me book two rooms that were adjoining suites, so it was very convenient for all of us girls to visit without having to run between separate rooms. We had the Poster Suite and the Sunrise Suite which was a comfortable fit for all seven of us. We had everything we needed including a mini fridge, microwave, and a small coffee pot. If the room didn't have something we needed, the main kitchen in the house did. The rooms were cozy and clean. The back yard area had a grill and patio and access to a volley ball court. We also made use of the basketball hoop in the driveway.

The building itself was beautiful with a cute wooden swing surrounded by flowers. We made use of the pool which was a nice convenience. In the morning, we went down for breakfast, and they reserved a table for us so we could all sit together (which I loved). The breakfast was pretty tasty with lots of options. The owners were accommodating the whole time for anything we needed and were very friendly.

We were really close to Oval Beach and downtown Saugatuck - great location.

I would definitely recommend this B&B to anyone. We all had a great time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 31 July 2013

We came to celebrate our 10th anniversary & had a delightful experience!

Ross & Diane were fantastic hosts & made our stay warm & welcoming....

We had booked another B&B nearby but they had to cancel their guests stays, pretty last minute, because of their health issues, but they recommended this place to us. We were so thankful they even took us & because the room available had a jacuzzi that did not work (which we knew before coming) they offered us a great discounted rate.

My husband has many food allergies/ restrictions, & they did great job to accommodate us. They also allowed us to use the guest refrigerator to bring a few items we wanted to bring to add to their breakfasts. While we were looking to borrow a few DVDs from their family room, Ross went to install the DVD player in our room.

The first morning we had breakfast there, there were not many other guests since it was a weekday, so they sat down & talked with us when wee were almost finished.
They were super kind, friendly,interesting people & we loved getting to know them.

It's not a fancy place but very nice, homey, comfortable, warm, clean, bright, & convenient.

Our Room, Spring Bouquet, was lovely, clean, & had a skylight which I loved.
The bed was the only area that we thought could be better by being a bit softer.

The location was close to all te places we wanted to visit including South Haven, Saugatuck/Douglas, & Fennville.

Room Tip: We liked our room & feel that if 2 people were staying there, they would want the larger room su...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Justsaygrace
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I loved the owners at Heritage Manor Inn, Ross and Diane. They were perfect hosts, very knowledgeable about all of the local attractions, treated us like family and gave us some great dining out tips considering my husband's diet restrictions. They were kind enough to include things he could eat in the breakfast, and they let us pick what time we wanted to eat in the morning. The only thing I would have done differently is upsized to the Jacuzzi Room, since the Charming Room we stayed in was a little sparse as far as decor and atmosphere. But there was free wireless and cable TV, and for what we paid, we definitely got our money's worth because of the great hosts. We would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi Suites would be more spacious and comfortable, but the room was great for the price.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2013

My husband and I stayed for two nights in the Tiffany jacuzzi room. The room itself was lovely. The pictures on the website don't do it justice. We were surprised with a bottle of sparkling white grape juice and chocolates waiting for us in our room. The fireplace in the room definitely worked as we had to open the window because it got so hot! The jacuzzi was perfect and was a perfect temperature. The lid to the jacuzzi could have been replaced as it was kind of falling apart, but not a big deal. The bed was a bit hard but my husband and I both have bad backs so any bed is uncomfortable for us, really.They supplied cups in the room, shampoo/conditioner, soap and unlimited towels. Breakfast was delicious both mornings and they keep popcorn, hot drinks and homemade cookies stocked in the mini kitchen available for all guests. When I asked about a blow dryer, as I forgot mine, they didn't hesitate to let me borrow one. And when we said we were used to sleeping with a fan they offered one for us to put in the room. The Inn is close to many restaurants and right down the road from Saugatuck. We felt very welcome and would love to return in the summer when we can enjoy the fun that the warm season brings.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi rooms are the way to go if you are on a romantic getaway
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2013

to write a negative review. I like to encourage small business owners. However, this experience was dreadful. This is not a bed and breakfast, it is a roadside motel. The rooms are oddly decorated with little plastic sconces and dimestore "art." I have stayed in youth hostels in the U.S. and guest houses throughout Asia and Southeast Asia. I am not a snob. But I do ask for pleasant accommodations. This room was not. For the price of over $100 a night, during the off season, I would at least expect a comfortable bed. This mattress was extremely hard. I imagine it hasn't been replaced for decades. A true bed and breakfast will offer guests a comfortable common area to curl up with a book, perhaps sit by a fire. This place's "common area" is really the family's TV room. When I stayed, the extended family was visiting. Grandpa in the La-Z-Boy, children playing on the floor. I was trapped in my room. I would have kept all this to myself, but I have seen other negative reviews, mentioning some of the same things I noticed, going back a few years. It is obvious that these owners aren't interested in improving their property -- they are counting on a steady stream of unsuspecting, one-time-only guests. Or perhaps they are really clueless about the character of a good bed and breakfast? I have also noticed that a negative review on this property is quickly followed by several positive ones, full of superlatives and exclamation points, and high numerical ratings that influence the average.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bnan57
Ross_and_Diane_H, Owner at Heritage Manor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Thank you for your detailed review. I would like to respond to a few of your comments and concerns. I certainly hope you joined us for breakfast during your stay. We serve a delicious full buffet each morning that you will never get at a motel. We are proud to be inspected and approved by the Michigan Lake to Lake Bed and Breakfast Assocaition which has many requirements not to say the least serving a full breakfast. We set our inn apart from others by offering a family friendly environment, which we try to make clear on our website. Guests, including those with children, are always welcome in our parlor, along with our family menbers during the holidays.
I do take exception to your implication that good reviews are being submitted simply to counter the effects of a negative review. Inn owners submitting thier own reviews would be very unethyical. We have no control over who submits reviews. The vast majority of our guests truely enjoy their time here and and look forward to returning...they just don't take time to submit a review.
Thank you again for your input and I hope you continue to stay at B&B's in the future...we are all unique.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

We stayed on New Years Eve. Very clean and comfortable. Owners are friendly and complimentary breakfast the next morning was delicious. Guests have access to a well stocked clean kitchen. Would recommend.

Room Tip: If stairs are an issue ask for a garden room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We had great time, would stay there again. The owners were very friendly and we had a warm welcome. Building was clean and did not have any issues with our room. Plenty of room for the three of us. Breakfast in the morning was good, somthing for everyone. Not fancy but I don't think most people are looking for fancy. Homeade baked goods and fresh fruit were perfect. It is close to Saugatuck and I think priced reasonably compared to B&B in town. Did not mind driving into Saugatuck. This is an older facility and furnishing are older but in good repair. Was nice to have a guest refrigerator.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends