“This place saved our weekend!”
Review of Heritage Manor Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fennville
Heritage Manor Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Fennville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 July 2008

My wife and I planned on having a romantic weekend in Saugatuck for our one year anniversary. After seeing our room at the Maplewood Hotel and realizing we were going to pay $225 a night for a tiny room with no amenities where we could hear absolutely everything going on the first floor of the hotel, we realized we couldn't stay there. So, we got on the phones and lucked into the Heritage Manor Inn. They had had a cancellation. We had a wonderful room (the blue butterfly) with a hot tub. The owners were incredibly nice (despite what other reviewers have said). There is a great indoor pool, sand volleyball court, patios for first floor rooms, and a nice common area. The location is great -- a close drive to everything in the area. Thank you for saving our weekend!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 17 July 2008

Wow. I wish I had seen the reviews before I read this. It wasn't until I stayed there that I first witnessed the bigotry of this couple. I'm from the big city and not used to such narrow-mindedness. If I were black, asian, latino, jewish, muslim, or homosexual, I don't think I would stay there. This "Christian" B&B is anything but that of Christ---wasn't Christ accepting of everyone?
Needless to say, I felt a bit uncomfortable staying here. It wasn't that I was discriminated against, but I could over hear their discriminatory remarks. I'm just not use to this...particularly from a business owner in the United States.
As for the inn itself, I wasn't impressed with that either. My neck is still hurting from the uncomfortable bed and pillows. The towels were musty, and the entire place had a mildew smell that reminded me of my grandparents basement!
Overall, I recommend keep on driving to the next place.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Efish4
Reviewed 14 July 2008

My 18 year old daughter is the one that found this bed & breakfast on the internet. She ended booking my husband and I a weekend there as a gift. My daughter said the owers where very helpful when she called and asked questions. When we arrived I didn't know what to expect since I have never been to a Bed & Breakfast. But the Heritage Manor Inn was a lovely place to stay. The room that we stayed in was wonderful. I didn't want to leave. They as have a pool and a place for children to play, and a vollyball net. I wish we could have stayed longer, but I hope that some day we get a chance to go back again. Maybe next time we will even take the kids. I think that they would enjoy it as well. We also went to all of the surrounding areas, South Haven, Saugatuck, Holland, Grand Haven, Muskegon, and White Lake. I had to get pictures of all the Lighthouses. And it didn't seem like it took very long to find any of them.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2008

We have just returned back home from the Heritage Manor Inn. It is the best place we love to stay at while away from home.

Every morning the fresh home made breakfast is being served. The hosts pay special attention so that big companies like ours could sit comfortably together at the big table.

The place is very hospitable, clean. Parking is always available.

The hosts offer a lot of board games for all ages, books, swimming pool, volleyball, basketball, kids playground.

Nice bike trails, canoeing, kayaking, beaches are available at a reasonable distance from the place.

We rented a family suite. In addition to a small fridge and microwave inside we also had access to an outside grill with a comfortable table and benches.

It was our fourth stay at this place. We all love the place and the hospitality of the owners.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 1 July 2008

We came for a 4 nite stay celebrating our honeymoon. Ross and Diane were gracious hosts. Charmingly decorated with wonderful breakfasts! Jacuzzi rooms a must!! Met several great couples also pleased with their accomodations. We plan on celebrating a future anniversary here.

• Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed 11 April 2008

Our daughter and son-in-law stayed at this warm and accomodating inn and treated us to a gift certificate for a stay there. Heritage Manor Inn is a short drive away from the Saugatuck/Douglas area and close to everything: (wineries, antique malls, dining, etc.).

Each room is decorated with a different theme...ours was the Garden room & had lacy curtains and floral wallpaper. The rooms have hot tubs for a convenient soak after a day of shopping. Amenities were basic but sufficient.

We thoroughly enjoyed the hosts, Ross & Diane. They were warm, friendly and engaging. It was a quiet night at the inn so they entertained us with a friendly game of Euchre. Ross and Diane made a wonderful breakfast for us in the morning, which included wholesome cereal, fruit, waffles, eggs, sausage, sweet breads, juice and coffee. We left the Heritage Inn refreshed and enhanced by the friendly hosts.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2008

We came here to getaway for a couple of days during Spring Break. Ross and Diane were beautiful hosts. We had lots of fun talking during breakfast, which was wonderful! I would love to come back and check everything out during the summer.

Stayed: March 2008