“A warm and friendly stay”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Fenton
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I made this reservation from the road needing a place to stay after a day on the road. The clerk was friendly and professional as we made the reservation. When I arrived everything was ready for me to check in and the process went quickly. The property and room was well maintained. The Air Conditioner was a little loud but worked very well. The room was laid out with enough outlets for today's excessive amount of electronics needing charging. The internet was a little slow and spotty, but I carry my own for such occasions. I think if the hotel hadn't been full, the internet would have worked better. There is an excellent Steak House next door with a variety of meals available and more in the immediate area. The breakfast is the usual fare with the addition of pancakes instead of waffles. A much better idea, in my opinion. The staff from arrival to breakfast, to departure were nothing but polite and friendly. I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 April 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel, and we especially enjoyed the cinnamon rolls on the breakfast bar! We were quite disappointed that the pool closed at 9 p.m., as some of the family members were looking forward to swimming. Other than that we had no problems.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2013

This is an older property that is simply lacking in basic character and warmth. While the room held the usual furnishings (king bed, desk and chair, arm chair and ottoman, armoire for TV, fridge & microwave), overall it was nothing special. The blue jean-clad woman at the front desk was friendly and welcoming, and although she acknowledged my Platinum status, there was no offer of an upgrade or even so much as a bottled water.

The Internet connection here is by far the worst I've ever encountered. Connection was in and out (usually out).

I didn't notice the noise that other guests have complained about, but then again, my room was at the far end of the hotel on the first floor. The indoor pool is indeed quite small. A bigger concern for me was that the door to the room had the old fashioned chain/slide lock and dead bolt.

Housekeeping could do a better job. Mirror over sink was smeared and needed some attention. Toilet paper on the roll was nearly gone, but the end was folded into a neat "V". (Is that a positive?) There were only about 7 tissues left in the box.

The breakfast was the usual HIE fare, but was hot and plentiful. The attendant was very pleasant, helpful and eager to please.

About 3 or 4 inches of snow had fallen overnight the night of my stay and at 10:00 the following morning the sidewalks had only been "shoveled" exactly one shovel width, and there was still slush where the shovel had glided over the top. Totally unsafe and unacceptable. Getting in and out from the far end of the hotel (where my room was located) from the parking area was cumbersome. I ended up pulling my vehicle around to the door in order to load my luggage.

While the location of the hotel is convenient, approximately one mile from a major expressway with numerous restaurants close by, I will not likely stay here again. This place needs some serious TLC, a facelift and an overhaul on the policies and procedures.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

Dear Kate A,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations to all of our guests. It is regrettable you did not enjoy your stay with us and truly disappointing we fell short of your expectations.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we thank you for sharing your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. I hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B

Reviewed 24 January 2013

My family of four recently stayed at this hotel, and we were very disappointed with the staff at the HIE Fenton.The only good thing about our stay was the comfortable bed. The breakfast left much to be desired--the "egg surprise" was not good, and I waited 45 minutes for pancakes and finally gave up. The wait for coffee was also 45 minutes. The pool is basically the size of a large hot tub. I agree with the other comments about the noise-- you can hear everything going on around you and above you. Overall, it was the staff that was the biggest disappointment.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KCTraveller79
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Dear KCTraveller79,

Thank you for your candid review of our property. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We are sorry for not living up to your expectations and for not creating a memorable stay for you. We appreciate your feedback regarding the staff and the breakfast. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Connie D

Reviewed 20 January 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my two dogs for an agility show I was at - the staff was super friendly, very accommodating and the room was very comfortable & clean.

Breakfast was included but mostly it is products containing wheat, and some "egg" like product - not many options if you are gluten free or have an allergy.

Located right beside a great steak house - super convenient, we will be back!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I am another member of the same family reunion mentioned by a prior reviewer (8/13/12). We chose this property because we consider Holiday Inn Express a reliable brand. We frequently select them when we travel and are Priority Club Members. I second a number of things mentioned in the earlier review but wanted to expand upon the whole WiFi issue and upon the issue with the confusion of our reservation and check-in difficulties.
One family member and I are also business colleagues. While staying at this hotel we were attempting to meet a crucial work deadline. Reliable, fast internet access was essential. As the hours ticked away and we couldn't get on-line, we became more and more concerned. We made numerous calls to the front desk and to a help phone number listed. Each time staff's answer was "well no one else is having any trouble", as if we were crazy and it must be user error. And each time the staff was more and more impatient and cranky with our requests for help. Our family group includes a number of engineers and someone with a doctorate in computer science. So we don't think we are the idiots staff was seeming to indicate we were. We tried numerous devices (various laptops, tablets and iPads) without success. When we finally sorted it out, without the staff's assistance by the way, we tried to report back to the front desk so that maybe in the future it could be sorted out for others more quickly, they blew us off as if we were idiots. They were uninterested in how the problem was resolved, insisting there really was no problem to begin with. The final straw was when the desk staff was very rude to my elderly father about this issue. The customer service was awful.

The other issue was the reservation/check-in process. We had reservations for four rooms. Three of them were under one name and a fourth under another family member's name. We were arriving from various portions of the country so didn't all arrive at the same time. When the first two family groups arrived they were trying to check-in to two of the four rooms. The front desk insisted that there were only 3 rooms in the reservation group. Suspecting she was confused, the family member listed all possible last names she should be looking for. She insisted that no there were only 3 rooms not 4. Unfortunately I was not present yet and I was the one with the confirmation numbers. So for 1/2 a day until I arrived these 5 family members were trying to squeeze into one room. When I arrived and was told what was going on, the desk staff still insisted there were only 3 rooms reserved until we produced our confirmation numbers for the 4 rooms.

Bottom line - we were made to feel as if the staff thought we were crazy. We were only trying to obtain services we had reserved and paid for. We understand that mishaps can occur but when they do customers shouldn't be made to feel as if they are stupid and in the wrong.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank nbatt
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

Dear nbatt,

Thank you for advising us of your dissatisfaction towards our Front Desk service. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience or negative impression this might have caused you.

I understand why you are disappointed, let me assure you that this is not our usual level of service. Our management has taken note of this and proper action has been taken to ensure that situations of this nature will not reoccur in the future.

Again, thank you for your comments which help us identify areas of improvement. We hope to welcome you back to be able to demonstrate to you our true service.

Brenda J.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Stayed two nights while visiting family. The room was nice with a comfortble bed and pillows also a fridge. It was clean and the the staff was nice. The pool was clean but very cold and the hot tub was not very hot. I stayed in a few hotels on my trip to Michigan and this one was the only one that was super noisy.Could hear the people talking next door and walking around in the room above and when other people turned on there showers it was so loud it was like it was in our room and the room was next to the exit door so I had to listen to people slamming in and out and night in the morning. Breakfeast was good.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2012

Dear MichiganLadybug,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write your review of our hotel. I am more than happy that you found the room nice and the bed comfortable. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fenton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Flint Fenton
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
#1 of 4 in Grand Blanc
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Blanc
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!