Comfort Inn & Suites
US$119
US$107
US$103
Agoda.com
All reviewssmall indoor poolthe usual fareroom was cleanneeded a place to stayeach morninghot tubparking lotwould stay here againpillowsmotelmichiganfuneralprosconsproximity
Reviewed 21 August 2013

This was a great hotel. The only issue we had was regarding rates at check-in, as our kids were recorded as adults on booking, and the clerk was unable to resolve at that time. This was resolved the following morning, however, so no harm done.
Everything else about this hotel was great! Excellent location near shopping and just of the freeway, easily accessible rooms and a nice little pool. Exercise room was small and visible from the hall, but the breakfast was very good and we had no complaints about noise or other disturbances. We would love to stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My kids and I stayed here on our way south. The front desk clerk was efficient and polite. The pool was clean and updated. The rooms were clean and had a microwave and small refrigerator. Overall, very comfortable and good value. A bonus, there is a steakhouse just next door so it's easy to get a bite to eat after a long day on the road. We will definitely add this to the list of places to stop next year!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I made this reservation from the road needing a place to stay after a day on the road. The clerk was friendly and professional as we made the reservation. When I arrived everything was ready for me to check in and the process went quickly. The property and room was well maintained. The Air Conditioner was a little loud but worked very well. The room was laid out with enough outlets for today's excessive amount of electronics needing charging. The internet was a little slow and spotty, but I carry my own for such occasions. I think if the hotel hadn't been full, the internet would have worked better. There is an excellent Steak House next door with a variety of meals available and more in the immediate area. The breakfast is the usual fare with the addition of pancakes instead of waffles. A much better idea, in my opinion. The staff from arrival to breakfast, to departure were nothing but polite and friendly. I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel, and we especially enjoyed the cinnamon rolls on the breakfast bar! We were quite disappointed that the pool closed at 9 p.m., as some of the family members were looking forward to swimming. Other than that we had no problems.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2013

This is an older property that is simply lacking in basic character and warmth. While the room held the usual furnishings (king bed, desk and chair, arm chair and ottoman, armoire for TV, fridge & microwave), overall it was nothing special. The blue jean-clad woman at the front desk was friendly and welcoming, and although she acknowledged my Platinum status, there was no offer of an upgrade or even so much as a bottled water.

The Internet connection here is by far the worst I've ever encountered. Connection was in and out (usually out).

I didn't notice the noise that other guests have complained about, but then again, my room was at the far end of the hotel on the first floor. The indoor pool is indeed quite small. A bigger concern for me was that the door to the room had the old fashioned chain/slide lock and dead bolt.

Housekeeping could do a better job. Mirror over sink was smeared and needed some attention. Toilet paper on the roll was nearly gone, but the end was folded into a neat "V". (Is that a positive?) There were only about 7 tissues left in the box.

The breakfast was the usual HIE fare, but was hot and plentiful. The attendant was very pleasant, helpful and eager to please.

About 3 or 4 inches of snow had fallen overnight the night of my stay and at 10:00 the following morning the sidewalks had only been "shoveled" exactly one shovel width, and there was still slush where the shovel had glided over the top. Totally unsafe and unacceptable. Getting in and out from the far end of the hotel (where my room was located) from the parking area was cumbersome. I ended up pulling my vehicle around to the door in order to load my luggage.

While the location of the hotel is convenient, approximately one mile from a major expressway with numerous restaurants close by, I will not likely stay here again. This place needs some serious TLC, a facelift and an overhaul on the policies and procedures.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

Dear Kate A,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations to all of our guests. It is regrettable you did not enjoy your stay with us and truly disappointing we fell short of your expectations.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we thank you for sharing your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. I hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B