“Imaginative Sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Terrific menu, never-ending sushi offerings done really, really well. As pricey as any sushi place. Comfortable seating. Darkish atmosphere with moderno-Asian flare.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

My hubby and I dine here from time to time when we are on that side of town. Love the food here, the music is cool too. Sushi is excellent. Haven't been in a while but look forward to going back.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I'm always looking for a good Dim Sum place and living in the Detroit area, that usually means crossing the border to Windsor, Ontario.

But, I was feeling kind of lazy and I had heard that a place just a few miles from my house offered it on Sunday mornings. I had driven by Inyo several times over the past year or so and heard good thing about it about it. But, there are several very good Asian restaurants all around the area and I just had never gotten around to this place.

While the Dim Sum is not served on a cart as it would be traditionally, it is still very good and the ambiance helps make up for that lack of tradition .The price is not as good as in Canada. The service is also very good. The place has a cool vibe to it. Oh, but it's week end only for the Dim Sum..though I didn't try any, the sushi looked very good!

Overall, I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

My girlie suggested she treat for dim sum brunch at Inyo and as we'd been disappointed by my former favorite the night before I, not being stupid, agreed.

We'd talked about Inyo dim sum brunch a couple of times before (you can only get it on Sunday) but had never been. This, despite the fact that we eat sushi there regularly (the $50 chef special sushi has never failed to make us really happy).

At brunch we split 1 serving each of 4 different dim sum offerings: spinach dumplings off the main menu (steamed, filled with vegetables, and served with goyza (?) sauce), shrimp har kaw, some shrimp and mushroom combo and some traditional pan-fried shrimp dumplings.

Everything was really light and fresh, and the sauce combinations (goyza, soy, or soy with hot mustard) worked very well with the flavors of the dumplings. We said "wow!" quite a few times while we were eating. We both feel a little guilty over not recalling the exact names (brunch menu not online ;) ) but can say that Inyo went 4 for 4- everything we ordered really was delicious. "Perfectly done and beautifully presented," says my sugar mama. Indeed.

For us it was the perfect amount of food.

Our server Dexter was attentive, helpful, and honest. We'll go back.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Tantalizing presentation of apps & entrees is beautiful and delicious. I usually to to Inyo with friends or business associates.

First, the atmosphere. It's just the most awesome and very well decorated sushi restaurant I've ever been to because of the colors, placement of high tops, booths and the bar are all strategically designed for best flow of energy. Outside seating during warmer months is available in the back of the restaurant.

Second, the food. Everything is absolutely delicious. You cannot go wrong with anything on the extensive menu. The food is so beautifully prepared with each item strategically located on the plate and "sauced" gently. Nothing is overkill. I have always been delightfully satisfied at each meal.

Third, the waitstaff treats customers respectfully. I know what I like and what I am used to. However, I like to step over the line and taste different dishes. Let me tell you that they never laugh and totally understand that 'westerners' aren't familiar with Japanese fare. Because they are so understanding, they describe their favorites and make it sound so yummy that I just had to try many different entrees. Staff is attentive w/o being pushy.

Fourth, whoever designed the restaurant should be acknowledged for excellent use of color, space and customer flow.

Fifth, even the restroom is quite particular and reflective of the tasteful restaurant design.

This is a very special restaurant. I highly recommend it.