“Good place for dinner, but not Rick's best”

Local Kitchen and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Local Kitchen and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 94 Restaurants in Ferndale
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Detroit
“Good place for dinner, but not Rick's best”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Being a big fan of owner Rick Halberg's now closed Emily's of Northville, came with high expectations. Was slightly concerned when I looked @ the online menu before our visit, as the dinner menu didn't wow me. At our waitress's recommendation we had the roasted corn appetizer - excellent (though was surprised she didn't tell us it came in 3 portions & we had 4 diners). Also enjoyed the Emily's salad. Our waitress's wine recommendation was good, pairing well with our seafood entrees. Our group was 50/50 on our entrees, OK, but not great, and unfortunately I expect more from a Rick Halberg restaurant. Water service was excellent, as our glasses never were empty. But I had to ask for bread, which was quickly served in the form of tasty corn muffins.

• Visited June 2014

Troy, Michigan
“Great service, great atmosphere, great food”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Lots of fun on a warm night, seated outside with friends, dining on unique meals, refreshing summer drinks, fabulous company and exceptional service. Thanks for a great night!

• Visited May 2014
Brewster, MA
“Yum!!!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Great vibe, awesome atmosphere. Came in on a Sunday morning for a quick brunch and was very happy about my experience! I got a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice and the Chilaquiles (aka a combination of huevos rancheros and breakfast nachos) which were both delicious! The meal costed me less than $15 and I left feeling very satisfied. I will be back!!

• Visited May 2014
Ferndale, Michigan
“Great place to Eat!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We enjoy Local very much. It is in our neighborhood and we visit about once a month. The food and drinks here are great and the service is acceptable as well.

Visited April 2014
Ferndale, Michigan
“I Really Want to Love this Place”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I live in Ferndale and had such high hopes for this place. Tried it several times. Everything is OK but when I get the bill I say to my self "For that much I could have had a great meal next door at Assaggi". Still nice to have them in the neighborhood.

• Visited April 2014