“5 year old”

Ranked #6 of 70 things to do in Flint
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

My niece is 5, she loved it here. I will say it seems small but enough to entertain a young child for hours. They need to update, some toys are very old and the costumes are few. The rock wall was her favorite. I liked the music room best myself.

1  Thank Danielle D
All reviews
"post office"
in 9 reviews
"grocery store"
in 9 reviews
"birthday party"
in 4 reviews
"great for young children"
in 2 reviews
in 16 reviews
"exhibits"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We were stuck in a rut, with nothing fresh to do, so we decided to try the Flint Children's Museum. I checked the website first, because we have our own children's museum here in Saginaw. It looked "similar, but different". So, we made the road trip, and it was well worth it.

It was similar only in that it was an awesome indoor playground. The kids jumped right in and had so much fun! Even though the age-recommendation was up to age 10, my 12-year old loved it too, and interacted in imaginative play with his younger siblings.

There was a lot of ways to play, but our favorites were the mini-grocery store (super clever!), pizza parlor, and fire truck. Although I do not have an infant, I was impressed with the infant area (reserved for kids under 3), and wished I could go play in that room too!

The museum was very clean, very kid friendly, and very safe. After awhile, my husband and I just sat back and "enjoyed the show". Our kids as well as the others were absorbed in imaginative play for hours, from delivering mail from the post office to the businesses, to taking turn running the businesses, and to being firefighters.

Very nice outing when you are bored or it's too cold or hot outside!

2  Thank Chris S
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Lots of fun for the little ones ( and the not so little ones, too). The back room tends to stay fresh and change every so often.

1  Thank Josh S
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My daughter loved the Flint Children's Museum 25 years ago, and my granddaughter loves it today! Each time my granddaughter visits me we take a trip to the Flint Children's Museum for an afternoon filled with fun. There are areas for children of toddler years on up through late elementary. The museum features science activities disguised as fun, dress up and theater props and stage, and the favorites of make believe in the post office, grocery, and pizza parlour, among others. The gift shop is also a great place to visit for something that is a little different and unique. The children's museum is a gem in Flint.

1  Thank ZoraAnn