“The Best!!”

Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stayed here recently and it was great!! The room was lovely and CLEAN!!! It was QUIET!!! Everyone there was WONDERFUL!!! They helped with maps and directions to where we were headed since we had never been to the area before!! Fisrt Rate!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
FNTGB, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear Katherine K,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We are always trying to move one direction, and that is upward. We will continue to use comments like yours to teach and train our staff, to help us be the first choice of travelers worldwide.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I have stayed here numerous times in the past. At one point I was here for 27 days straight due to a house fire. The staff is wonderful and extremely accommodating. They always made sure we felt as if we were at home. Plenty of snacks to choose from in the Suite Shop as well as a HUGE breakfast with the most friendly staff!
Also, the pool was amazing!

Room Tip: Definetely go for a Studio Suite! Larger room with fridge and microwave!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear Joshua W,

We feel terrible about the reason why you had to stay here, but are glad you made it through. We were happy to be here for you during your extended stay and I thank you for your kind comments. When guests like you and your family stay here long enough to get to know them, it is always a great experience. It was truly a pleasure.

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Flint/Grand Blanc.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Excellent Property, we parked our vehicle and used the airport shuttle to and from airport. Property is in top notch shape. Staff very helpful, Shuttle prompt. Close to airport. McDonalds Coffee right next door! Will be staying again when we fly out of Bishop next time.

Dear Darrell D,

Thank you for your kind comments. I am very pleased that we lived up to your high expectations and that the shuttle service met your needs during your stay.

Thank you very much for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Flint/Grand Blanc.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

On my drives from Toronto to Chicago to visit my children and grandchildren, I do not usually have occasion to stop in Flint. But, I got a late start and with daylight savings just starting, the dark closed in fast.
I was pleased to see that there is now a Hampton Inn in Flint, but my expectations were not terribly high. I assumed the property would feature the standard Hampton bedding package and breakfast (which is enough for me) but that the furnishings would be down at the heels and drab, the way I picture Flint.
Imagine my surprise when I entered the lobby.
The motel is almost brand new and beautifully upgraded.
There was some sort of problem the night I checked in--I have no clue what it actually was--I encountered no problems whatsoever--but the person manning the front desk was Jeff, the manager, rather than a staff member and he was a study in front desk perfection.
I do not know if Jeff sleeps--he was there all night and then, early in the morning the next day.
He was extremely eager to please--there was not a request one could make that would fluster him in the least bit. When I asked for a rundown on the ingredients and calories of a particular breakfast item, he disappeared and reappeared with a complete printout.
The lobby is impressive, the rooms are immaculate, the bedding package and breakfast--yep, the Hampton Gold Standard and as wonderful as always.
Breakfast features make your own waffles, juices, coffee, tea and hot chocolate, cereals, yogurt, muffins, bagels, danishes and muffins, fresh fruit and some hot items.
The breakfast room is extremely comfortable.
There is a microwave and snack shoppe display where one can purchase items near the front desk.
The workout room is top notch.
There are both a pool and whirlpool.
A nice business center with comfortable chairs and a printer. Wifi in the rooms.
Who woulda thunk there would be such a treasure in dowdy Flint?
Even the city itself looked better the day I was there and the shopping has improved.

Room Tip: Get a whirlpool--it is such a pleasure to sink into a whirlpool after a day of driving.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Trip ShifraToronto,

Thank you for the stunning endorsement!

I must admit it will be hard to live up to the “Treasure” moniker in the title you have chosen for your review, but I promise to live up to the challenge.

I always tell my staff here that we are in the business of bringing people in, and resolving problems. I’m glad I was able to live up to that motto. It was also my pleasure to meet you personally and to provide you with the calorie content of our breakfast items.

Feel free to contact me directly for reservations next time you visit Flint, and thanks again for your business!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Very friendly accommodating staff. Beautiful facility, nice room and the recommendation for dinner was superb. It was convenient to call from the road to book the room and the clerk recognized that we were Hilton Honors and held the room without needing credit card info. close to airport, we will definitely stay here again.

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for your comments about your experience and for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Flint/Grand Blanc. We appreciate your business!

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Family with 3 small children. We had a Good Stay at this Hotel. We Stayed in the King Suite that had a pull out sofa and the Hotel also provided a roll away at no extra charge. Small Refrig. & Microwave helped to keep kids drinks cold and reheat food. We were very pleased with the Hotel Staff, Room and Free Cont. Breakfast for all of us in the morning. Would definately return to this hotel and recommend it to others. Close to Food and Meijer Grocery Store.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Brian G,

Thank you for your candid comments about your stay. We will look forward to your return and wish you the all the best! Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Flint/Grand Blanc.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We picked this hotel because of the Tripadvisor reviews and were quite happy we stayed. We were welcomed by not only the front desk but also the cleaning staff we passed in the hallway. The room was large and the beds most comfortable. Hampton Inn cleans the bed covers for each guest and it certainly feels better to walk into a room that's been thoroughly cleaned. We stayed on a Sunday night, so the hotel wasn't full but we didn't hear any noise from the hallways. Breakfast had a good assortment of choices and could be eaten in a large room - which is great for when the hotel is busy. On our way out, a gentleman was cleaning the mirrors and gave us a warm smile and 'good morning'. We felt as if everyone who worked at this hotel were genuinely happy that we were there. We would definitely stay again when in this area.

Dear Willie3181,

Wow, thank you for the detailed comments about your stay, and thank you for your business. We appreciate your feedback and I will do my best to keep our service culture tip-top! Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Flint/Grand Blanc.

Jeff Verdun - General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc
Holiday Inn Flint
Holiday Inn Flint
#5 of 17 in Flint
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint
Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc? Share your experiences!