“Great Staff, excellent hotel.”

Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The staff at this hotel exemplifies what you expect from any Hilton branded hotel chain. They were dressed properly, greeted us warmly and acknowledged our Diamond status with the Honors program and offered our welcome gift of our choice even though we were staying using points. The room was immaculate! Well lit, beautiful layout and a great bed. In the morning we had an early flight so they had two breakfast bags waiting at the desk for us. What a great staff and experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
FNTGB, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Steven P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out this excellent review of your experience at the Hampton Inn & Suites Flint/Grand Blanc!

I am very pleased you were happy with the comfort, cleanliness, and excellent service during your stay. We strive for excellence daily and it really helps us to hear the positive feedback to keep us running on full steam at all times.

If I can be of any further assistance do not hesitate to contact me for any reason. Thanks again for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Flint!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is a great choice when traveling through the Flint, MI I-75 or US 23 area. Being about an hour from Detroit, Lansing, or Ann Arbor, its well located for business travel and avoiding traffic. The hotel itself is clean, friendly and well appointed. The workout equipment was current, relatively new and had enough pieces including: 2 elliptical's, 3 treadmills, 1 recumbent bike all with mounted TV's. They also offer training balls, mats, weights, towels and water. Both the pool and hot tub areas were very clean and in good shape. The water was a little over chlorinated. The rooms were clean with nice beds and linens, etc. My only small complaint, no USP plug in areas for charging. As far as breakfast, it offered a complete and decent selection to meet most needs. Overall, a very nice overnight stop and value while on the road.

Room Tip: Bring your own pool towel since the ones they offer are tiny.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Kroneo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us some feedback on your last visit! We are honored to have you as our guest.

I really appreciate your good comments, and wanted to take the time to let you know we will keep an eye on the pool so that it is perfect now and into the future. We will keep pushing to make sure your next experience is a great one.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Great Stay! Friendly staff, clean rooms, hearty breakfast. Special requests were met with smiles and quick accommodation. Well lighted parking lot and common areas provided safe atmosphere. Location was easy on/off expressway and close to our family gatherings.

Dear Kimberly W,

We really appreciate your excellent comments about your last visit!

I am proud that you were satisfied with the hotel quality, location and service during your last visit. Feedback such as yours inspires us to do better each day. Thanks very much.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My family and I were pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness, friendly staff, and amenities. We hate stinky rooms and this was super clean, everything worked great. The fitness center was great, the breakfast was great. We were so thankful for all the friendly staff...from check in to departure. We stay in a lot of hotels and this is on the top of the list.

Dear Rodney I,

I am so very pleased to hear we made the top of your list of hotels! As a frequent traveler I am sure you have been many places. As a result we are humbled to hear we are one of the best out there according to your words. We will continue to strive for excellence now and into the future.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Newer, clean and great for travellers who like a great Hampton experience. Enjoyed quick check in, great variety of breakfast and quiet considering it was a Friday night with family reunions staying at same hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Celia C,

We are happy to hear you were satisfied with the quality and comfort of the room during your last visit for your family reunion! We pride ourselves on world class customer service and it sounds like you had a great, fast check in, and overall experience.

We hope to see you as our guest again in the near future and are happy your stay was a quiet and comfortable one. If I can be of any further assistance do not hesitate to contact me for any reason. Thanks again for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Flint/Grand Blanc.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

No understanding or meaning of the word "reservation". ZERO attempt to address the problem by the staff member. Very condescending and demeaning while never solving the problem. Diamond member status meant absolutely nothing. Awful experience checking in.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
FNTGB, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear William R.,

I wanted to take a moment and reach out again and apologize for the discomfort you had during your last stay. I recently sent you an email advising you of some additional compensation in addition to the refund of one night we have given you.

Also, I want to assure you we will most certainly do a better job next time. We will use this to coach and teach our staff to communicate better regarding our room type configurations in relation to guest needs. Your experience was most certainly the exception and not the norm, and I apologize our staff did not handle this issue in a more reasonable fashion.

Lastly, if I can be of any further assistance to you please do not hesitate to give me a call or reply to the email I sent you. I hope you are doing well, and again apologize for trouble.

Jeff Verdun - General Manager

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Excellent Service!!!!! Congratulations!!! Very Friendly. The customer service was awesome. I really recommended this hotel for family trip or business. Good breakfast and the internet service very fast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mauricio M.,

Thank you for making us your hotel of choice when visiting Flint & Genesee County!

I also appreciate your nice comments on the breakfast and good high-speed Internet. We pride ourselves on being a good value and world class customer service. I am so pleased we lived up to your expectations. Thank you again for your business and please be sure to visit us next time you are in Flint!

Jeff Verdun - General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
#1 of 4 in Grand Blanc
Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc? Share your experiences!