“Quick visit”

Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Updates to the rooms and hotel all around are outstanding! I can see why it's #1 in Flint. Staff could use a little bit of help with smiles and friendliness - just work on your greeting. Unfortunately shower was broke and maint guy came quickly and he was great and had it fixed ASAP. Breakfast was way too busy, you need more than 2 people working breakfast! They work their tails off and cannot keep up with demand. When the hotel is nearly sold out you need more help, additional waffle makers, food in an overflow room. Need to change up food a bit, very tired of scrambled eggs/omlet and polish sausage Hampton inn!

Stayed: July 2014
FNTGB, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear PeggyJackson89,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your last visit!

We appreciate you taking the time to comment about our staff and please accept my apologies if they were not more exuberant. However, we will be sure to pass along these comments for coaching and future success. In addition, we will be sure to monitor the staffing of our breakfast area during peak times.

If I can be of any further assistance do not hesitate to contact me for any reason. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Flint/Grand Blanc.

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I've stayed at Hampton Inn's several times in the past, all with very good experiences. But this one was quite disappointing. The room was fine enough, although our room keys did not work the 2nd night - but a quick trip to the front desk fixed it.

The biggest disappointment was the breakfast. I'm used to having really good hot breakfasts at Hampton Inn, but this location was quite poor. The crowd each morning did not seem overwhelming (many empty seats each day), but staff had a hard time keeping items refilled, and the food quality was VERY disappointing. It was a pain to have to go back 3 times because things kept running out.

I would not pay this price for this location again. Will find another place next time we're in Flint.

2  Thank Dwight K

Dear Dwight K,

Obviously we did not meet your expectations and there were some issues during breakfast that day. I would like to thank you for your honest feedback, and apologize for the trouble with breakfast during your last visit.

I would like to offer my most sincere apology for these issues and would be happy to help you with a future reservation should you like to try us out again. I tried to find your reservation to reach out to you but cannot seem to match up your reservation to this message. So, please do not hesitate to contact me directly to discuss this further.

Thanks again for your honest feedback and for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Flint/Grand Blanc.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is one of the cleanest and classiest hotels I have stayed at. It was a very good stay, especially for the rate. They had a friendly and helpful staff. The location is great just off the highway and easy to find. I wish all hotels were this clean!!!

Dear Blessed-Ohio,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Flint/Grand Blanc.

I am glad we lived up to your high expectations. We are flattered to hear you are satisfied with the cleanliness and other details of your stay.

If I can be of any further assistance do not hesitate to contact me for any reason. Thanks again for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Flint/Grand Blanc.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 31 July 2014

It was my first, but not my last stay at this hotel!! By far and away the best hotel, not only in the chain, but among the higher end full service hotels! The rooms are spacious and well designed. They are also immaculate!! Bravo!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mark A K,

This is by far the most stunning endorsement we have received! Thank you so much for your business and your kind comments declaring us the best ever. Wow!

Thanks again for making the Hampton Inn & Suites Flint/Grand Blanc your hotel of choice in Genesee County.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

The staff at this hotel exemplifies what you expect from any Hilton branded hotel chain. They were dressed properly, greeted us warmly and acknowledged our Diamond status with the Honors program and offered our welcome gift of our choice even though we were staying using points. The room was immaculate! Well lit, beautiful layout and a great bed. In the morning we had an early flight so they had two breakfast bags waiting at the desk for us. What a great staff and experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Steven P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out this excellent review of your experience at the Hampton Inn & Suites Flint/Grand Blanc!

I am very pleased you were happy with the comfort, cleanliness, and excellent service during your stay. We strive for excellence daily and it really helps us to hear the positive feedback to keep us running on full steam at all times.

If I can be of any further assistance do not hesitate to contact me for any reason. Thanks again for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Flint!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is a great choice when traveling through the Flint, MI I-75 or US 23 area. Being about an hour from Detroit, Lansing, or Ann Arbor, its well located for business travel and avoiding traffic. The hotel itself is clean, friendly and well appointed. The workout equipment was current, relatively new and had enough pieces including: 2 elliptical's, 3 treadmills, 1 recumbent bike all with mounted TV's. They also offer training balls, mats, weights, towels and water. Both the pool and hot tub areas were very clean and in good shape. The water was a little over chlorinated. The rooms were clean with nice beds and linens, etc. My only small complaint, no USP plug in areas for charging. As far as breakfast, it offered a complete and decent selection to meet most needs. Overall, a very nice overnight stop and value while on the road.

Room Tip: Bring your own pool towel since the ones they offer are tiny.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Kroneo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us some feedback on your last visit! We are honored to have you as our guest.

I really appreciate your good comments, and wanted to take the time to let you know we will keep an eye on the pool so that it is perfect now and into the future. We will keep pushing to make sure your next experience is a great one.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Great Stay! Friendly staff, clean rooms, hearty breakfast. Special requests were met with smiles and quick accommodation. Well lighted parking lot and common areas provided safe atmosphere. Location was easy on/off expressway and close to our family gatherings.

Dear Kimberly W,

We really appreciate your excellent comments about your last visit!

I am proud that you were satisfied with the hotel quality, location and service during your last visit. Feedback such as yours inspires us to do better each day. Thanks very much.

Warm regards,

Jeff Verdun – General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
#1 of 4 in Grand Blanc

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc? Share your experiences!