“Very pleased!”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Manassas, Virginia
“Very pleased!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We were very pleased with our stay here. The lobby, staff, breakfast, room decor, and bed were all top notch. The only negative for us was the AC vented towards the bed so every time it ran we were blasted with cold air. This may be OK for some. We mentioned it to the front desk at check out and he said that is the way the king size bedrooms are set up. He was very nice. We would definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
FNTGB, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc, responded to this review, 7 September 2014
Dear Ekehl,

Thank you for your honest comments and for visiting us during your last trip to Flint and Genesee County. I am glad you were very pleased with your last visit and that means a lot to us.

I appreciate your honest comments about the HVAC ventilation, and am not exactly sure what we can do to change it. But, I will keep an eye on the issue and hope you come see us again.

If I can be of any assistance to you in the future do not hesitate to contact me.

Jeff Verdun – General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Based on previous reviews we decided to stay at the Hampton Inn while in Flint. The front desk staff on check in were super friendly and welcoming. Rooms and bathrooms are a good size, bathroom was a little dated and could use a new shower stall and shower head is so high unless you're 7ft tall you couldn't change it. But apart from that the room was good.

Abbie on the front desk was amazing - bought up a small fridge and extra pillows less than 5 mins after we requested them. Nothing was a problem for the staff.

The hotel is located just off the highway and there's a supermarket right across the road with all kinds of prepared foods. We would definitively stay here again if we had he occasion to visit Flint again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear FionnaW905,

We really appreciate your kind comments about our staff, including Abbie and her great customer service! It sounds like we lived up to your expectations overall. We will be sure to keep the tradition of being warm and welcoming in our DNA here at Hampton now and into the future.

If I can be of any further assistance do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Updates to the rooms and hotel all around are outstanding! I can see why it's #1 in Flint. Staff could use a little bit of help with smiles and friendliness - just work on your greeting. Unfortunately shower was broke and maint guy came quickly and he was great and had it fixed ASAP. Breakfast was way too busy, you need more than 2 people working breakfast! They work their tails off and cannot keep up with demand. When the hotel is nearly sold out you need more help, additional waffle makers, food in an overflow room. Need to change up food a bit, very tired of scrambled eggs/omlet and polish sausage Hampton inn!

Stayed July 2014
FNTGB, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear PeggyJackson89,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your last visit!

We appreciate you taking the time to comment about our staff and please accept my apologies if they were not more exuberant. However, we will be sure to pass along these comments for coaching and future success. In addition, we will be sure to monitor the staffing of our breakfast area during peak times.

If I can be of any further assistance do not hesitate to contact me for any reason. Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Flint/Grand Blanc.

Kind regards,

Middleburg, Florida
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I've stayed at Hampton Inn's several times in the past, all with very good experiences. But this one was quite disappointing. The room was fine enough, although our room keys did not work the 2nd night - but a quick trip to the front desk fixed it.

The biggest disappointment was the breakfast. I'm used to having really good hot breakfasts at Hampton Inn, but this location was quite poor. The crowd each morning did not seem overwhelming (many empty seats each day), but staff had a hard time keeping items refilled, and the food quality was VERY disappointing. It was a pain to have to go back 3 times because things kept running out.

I would not pay this price for this location again. Will find another place next time we're in Flint.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Dwight K
Dear Dwight K,

Obviously we did not meet your expectations and there were some issues during breakfast that day. I would like to thank you for your honest feedback, and apologize for the trouble with breakfast during your last visit.

I would like to offer my most sincere apology for these issues and would be happy to help you with a future reservation should you like to try us out again. I tried to find your reservation to reach out to you but cannot seem to match up your reservation to this message. So, please do not hesitate to contact me directly to discuss this further.

Thanks again for your honest feedback and for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Flint/Grand Blanc.

Ohio
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is one of the cleanest and classiest hotels I have stayed at. It was a very good stay, especially for the rate. They had a friendly and helpful staff. The location is great just off the highway and easy to find. I wish all hotels were this clean!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Blessed-Ohio,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Flint/Grand Blanc.

I am glad we lived up to your high expectations. We are flattered to hear you are satisfied with the cleanliness and other details of your stay.

If I can be of any further assistance do not hesitate to contact me for any reason. Thanks again for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Flint/Grand Blanc.

Kind regards,

Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2014

It was my first, but not my last stay at this hotel!! By far and away the best hotel, not only in the chain, but among the higher end full service hotels! The rooms are spacious and well designed. They are also immaculate!! Bravo!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Mark A K,

This is by far the most stunning endorsement we have received! Thank you so much for your business and your kind comments declaring us the best ever. Wow!

Thanks again for making the Hampton Inn & Suites Flint/Grand Blanc your hotel of choice in Genesee County.

Thomson, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The staff at this hotel exemplifies what you expect from any Hilton branded hotel chain. They were dressed properly, greeted us warmly and acknowledged our Diamond status with the Honors program and offered our welcome gift of our choice even though we were staying using points. The room was immaculate! Well lit, beautiful layout and a great bed. In the morning we had an early flight so they had two breakfast bags waiting at the desk for us. What a great staff and experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Steven P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out this excellent review of your experience at the Hampton Inn & Suites Flint/Grand Blanc!

I am very pleased you were happy with the comfort, cleanliness, and excellent service during your stay. We strive for excellence daily and it really helps us to hear the positive feedback to keep us running on full steam at all times.

If I can be of any further assistance do not hesitate to contact me for any reason. Thanks again for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Flint!

Jeff Verdun – General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Courtyard Flint Grand Blanc
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc
Holiday Inn Flint
Holiday Inn Flint
#5 of 17 in Flint
Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc? Share your experiences!