“Great Customer Service”

Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Flint
“Great Customer Service”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

The Flint, MI Residence Inn is very typical but the staff was great. The front desk was very pleasant and went out their way to help me. I forgot a few toiletries and was prepared to buy from their little sundries section but the clerk provided me my items free of charge. The breakfast was decent. Even, the cleaning staff was very pleasant in the hallways.
The rooms were very clean but the furniture is a beat. There was couch in my room that I didn't feel comfortable sitting on.
The clientele was a little rough and I did pass a woman with two big boxer type dogs in the hallway but I never heard a peep from them.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Robyn I, General Manager at Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your positive feedback with the entire staff. We do appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Flint area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We were visiting friends in Fenton so we decided to stay in Flint. We bid on Priceline and our bid was accepted at the Residence Inn.

The location is easy to find and close to gas staions, shopping and restaurants.

Check in was a breeze. Our room was more like a studio. It had a small kitchen and dining table. A couch area, a desk, the sink was seperate from the toilet/bath area, large closets and a seperate spot for the bed.

It was large, clean and spacious.

They had a pretty good morning breakfast (tons of things to choose from). From fruit to fruit jelly and everything in between.

I would recommend anyone (and everyone) to stay here. Especially families with small children who may want to cook a few meals in the room to save some money.

• Stayed May 2013
Robyn I, General Manager at Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us in May. I am so glad to hear that you you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your wonderful compliments with the staff. We do appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Flint area.

Toronto
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Similar to a recent review, I'm in a room with a very bright floodlight shining directly into our room making it bright as day even though it's night time despite the heavy blackout shades.

It's 4am right now but the floodlights make me feel like it's noon outside.

I was too tired to complain last night when we got in around 10pm but I will be asking to move rooms today.

• Stayed August 2013
Robyn I, General Manager at Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am truly sorry about the light that was shining into your room. Please know that we are working with our maintenance engineer to find a solution for this issue. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you will consider us again the next time your travels bring you to the Flint area. We value your business!

jtavessude
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Spent the weekend of 6/22/2013 here with family. This is one of many stays I have had at this property. Overall the weekend was good and what I expect from the Marriott chains. The front desk staff was great on arrival, the room was well kept and the property was quiet. Some QC from the management staff on the housekeeping (bathroom sanitizing) is in order. Nothing bad, but it wasnt quite up to snuff for what I would expect here. Pool was great, breakfast was great and daily housekeeping was good.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jtavessuede
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you you enjoyed your stay with us and I have shared your compliments with the staff. Please know that I will be speaking with the Executive Housekeeper regarding a solution on improving our overall bathroom quality. We do appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to the Flint area.

Daytona Beach Shores, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The staff was helpful in planning our day. Gave us good directions to the Longway Planateriam, Sloan Museum and Buick Gallery. Paid one price for all three. The breakfast the next morning was great. Needed a connection for my GPS, and people in office able to help me out. Comfortable room, except noisy from kids running in hall. Pleased with most aspects of our stay in Flint.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor, because of the elephants that happen to stay above if you don't
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tree56LO
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the staff to be helpful and accomodating. I have shared your compliments with the staff. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Stayed at the property on a recent visit to Flint for a class reunion. The entire property is very clean and convenient to both I-75 and US-23. The rooms were very clean and spacious - nothing extraordinary but exactly what you would expect at any Residence Inn. Our room was quieter although it was at the front of the hotel and we occasionally hear the load truck/car/motorcycle on the main street the other side of the parking lot. (Even though close to the interstate we heard no highway noise.) Are only complaint was with one of the outside floodlights. The building has floodlights illuminating it at night (as most commercial buildings do) but one of the lights shone *directly* into our room making it never very dark in our room despite the heavy blackout shades we pulled across the main window. This wasn't a show-stopper for us but if you are sensitive to something like this you would not like the room. There is a large supermarket about one or two miles from the property so you can stock up the kitchen in your room if you so desire.

Room Tip: Rooms not on the front will be quieter and darker (see my review for that to make sense).
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kevin W
Joanna S, General Manager at Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Dear Kevin W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am truly sorry about the light that was shining in your room. I will speak with our maintenance to find a solution for this issue. Thank you for all of the other positive feedback. We look forward to your return so we can serve you in the future.

Thank you again for writing the review!

Joanna Schofield
Task Force GM
810-424-7000
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We were headed up to Flint for a long weekend and needed a place to stay. I tried bidding on Priceline but nobody would accept my offer. I ended up booking an Express Deal for the Residence Inn.

The hotel is in a good area near Meier and plenty of restaurants. The hotel is clean and modern. Check in and check out was quick and easy. Our room was more like a studio with a living room area, a desk, a kitchen with a small table and a separate area with a king size bed. The bathroom had the sink on the outside and their was a huge closet. The kitchen was equipped with pots and pans, etc. This would be great if you had an extended stay or small children and wanted to save money and cook in your room.

The hotel has a small indoor pool and a small workout gym. I also know they allow dogs because I saw a few outside.

They served up breakfast in the morning. It was not bad. They had a hot section which included scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage and biscuits and gravy. They had a spot to make waffles (all the toppings were there), they had toast, English muffins, bagels, donuts and muffins. They had oatmeal (with all the toppings). Four kinds of cereal, fruit salad, yogurt and apples and bananas. They also had coffee, tea, hot chocolate and juice. I recommend going down to breakfast when it first opens (if you need to be up early) or about 20 minutes before they close up because it is less crowded.

Overall this was a nice place to stay. Good value for the money.

We visited the Whaley Museum, the Flint Institute of Arts, the Sloan Museum and the Buick Automotive Gallery, Donna's Donuts, Stepping Stone Falls, Historic Saginaw Street and the Carriage Town Historic District and we ate at El Potrero.

We also took a drive to Fenton, Burton and Grand Blanc for some antique shopping and to visit some garden centers.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mcmarto
Dear Mcmarto,

Thank you so much for writing the review on our hotel. We truly appreciate the positivie feedback!
I am very happy that your room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Our staff takes pride in providing great Residence Inn service. We look foward to your return and can't wait to serve you in the future.

Thank you again!

Joanna Schofield
Task Force GM
810-424-7000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
#1 of 4 in Grand Blanc

Been to Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc? Share your experiences!