“Very nice, enjoyable”

Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Flint
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We met up with two other families with small children there. The staff was friendly and capable. It was clean and the amenities did not leave us wanting. We enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi and th ebasketball court. We walked to the nearby restaurant/microbrewery. I wish we had known pets were welcome, so we could have brought our dog. Loud dishwasher though. :-)

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank mnowak
JSchofield, Manager at Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2010

Dear Mnowak,

Thank you for choosing the Flint Residence Inn and posting your comments.

I am very happy to see that you had an enjoyable time during your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 10 October 2010

This hotel's web page says NEWLY REMODELED..????.I JUST DONT THINK SO unless 10 years ago can be considered to be new. Now for the GRUBBY bit... The carpets in the passageways needs to have a good clean... looks like it has not been vacuumed in weeks also in the corners and behind the chairs and sofa in the bed room... Please see pictures of THE STOVE/COOKER ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTINGLY FILTHY,
We've stayed in many residence inn's on our travels and this was by far the GRUBBIEST one we've been in.Other than that we slept ok.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank splodgee

Dear Splodgee,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Flint and posting your comments.

My name is Joanna Schofield, Manager. I appreciate your comments and of course read with disappointment that we faild to provide you with a wonderful experience. Please know that I take your comments to heart and will share them with my team. The hotel had a comlete remodel in 2008. Due to our high occupancy we have increased the frequency in which the hallway carpets are cleaned by an outside company. I truly believe if you return you will find that we have made many changes to improve our guest experience.

Please feel free to contact me directly so I can apologize in person and thank you as well for sharing these concerns. (810)424-7000.

All the best.

Reviewed 6 September 2010

We stayed there for a extended time frame so were able to see more than the average person saw. In the beginning, the hotel seemed very nice the rooms were nice had a nice kitchen with refrigerator, cooktop or stove, microwave and dishwasher. We had a 2 bedroom suite with a fireplace. The service from the employees was very good and all of them were very nice. Although they didn't have a restaurant, they did serve breakfast almost every morning for the guests. The problem began when we noticed the dogs odors in the hall ways (they allow pets), then we began to notice trash in corners and crevaces on the elevators as if they hadn't been vacumned in a while, after that, upon pulling out the sleeper sofa for my grandchild, we noticed old trash and dust in the sofa from former guests. Other than that the stay was ok, they just need to be a little more tidy and conciencious with the cleaning.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank pickione

Dear Pickione,

Thank you for chosing the Residence Inn Flint and posting your comments.

My name is Joanna Schofield, Manager. Thank you for sharing the nice comments about the staff and the concerns with the detail items that were missed during your stay. I have shared your comments with my team. We strive for excellance for all of our guests and I am truly sorry that we fell short in your experience.

Please feel free to contact me directly so that we can I can apologize in person and thank you as well. (810)424-7000

Reviewed 13 July 2010

This hotel gives a very good first impression. It looks fairly new (remodeled?), it's clean, and the rooms are a good size. But I was awakened at 3:30am by the people above me. They weren't doing anything wrong or particularly noisy, but the sound proofing is so bad in the hotel that I could actually hear someone running the water in their bathroom sink. And also flusing the toilet, walking around the room, etc. Unfortunately for me, someone must have been sick or had insomnia, because the noise didn't let up for the rest of the night. I would rather have a good night's sleep in a mediocre hotel than a bad night's sleep in a nice one. I would not recommend this property.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Tom99,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Flint and sharing your experience.

My name is Joanna Schofield, Manager. Please accept my sincere apology for the noise issues you encountered during your stay. We truly want all of our guests to have a restful experience and I am so sorry this was not the case.

Please feel free to contact me directly so I can apologize personally and thank you as well. (810)424-7000.

Reviewed 29 September 2009

Stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with a kitchen. The rooms were adequately sized; the beds were nice; the staff was friendly and helpful. The location is good. The kitchen is nicely equipped with a stove, microwave, regular refrigerator, and dishwasher except that there are only 4 glasses, 4 cups, etc in the unit. You have to wash dishes several times a day. Furniture is a little tired. The decorator who selected the colors, furnishings, etc. is definitely not mainstream. Prices are a little high for what you get. We could hear the people in the next room talking in the their bedroom...not cool.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2008

With the economy going so bad, how can they justify these prices in the most devastated city in the USA? Slap the workers in the face!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank me197
Reviewed 15 May 2008

Really dissapointed that they went cheap on the renos!! It's a shame...this place would be a real winner if they had just spent a few extra bucks and did the job right.

Very poor workmanship - especially the finishes. Carpet baseboard has exposed nail heads - visable across the room!

Laminate kitchen floor is already buckling and they didn't bother replacing the old white appliances or the Zeinth CRT TVs... same old dishes and stained rubermaid storage containers too. A bowl had been put away encrusted with dried bits of cereal.. hello??

Check-in was flawless.. excellent service and will probaly stay again for that reason.. First stay I can recall where Marriott actually had placed extra towels and pillows in the room (as per my profile request)!!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank deanoYYZ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flint
Hampton Inn and Suites Flint / Grand Blanc
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
2 mi away
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint

Been to Residence Inn Flint Grand Blanc? Share your experiences!